where do you go for breakfast?

Go ahead. Talk about it.
WIREMAN

where do you go for breakfast?

Post by WIREMAN » October 23rd, 2004, 7:55 am

.......the most important of all meals.....I sure am blessed to have a whole city market right across the street from us ...historic Hollins Market here in bawlmer md.....sofias pastries and eddies 3 over easy with hash browns and sausage for wired me....this is what you'd call instantaneous gratification.........open studio tour today and tomorrow @ casa sowebo....chk.link in announcements....wired

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 23rd, 2004, 2:31 pm

i have breakfast in 2 stages.

at home - 5:30 a.m. -clean clear water, strong coffee and a few wheat crackers with traditional israeli 'yellow cheese' (edam-ish).

later around 10:00, i have yogurt with brewer's yeast and some fruit.

breakfast is the best

judih

Artguy

Mornin

Post by Artguy » October 23rd, 2004, 8:17 pm

Mon through waited fo r friday at less than 7am to 2nd cup for first cup and muffin black hot heaven the perfect buddha fluid all and only that makes risin from warm pillow dream village for work to pay for things I don't need so that i can afford to do the art that makes my hands sooo happy.............. 8)

sooZen

Post by sooZen » October 24th, 2004, 10:46 am

Ummm, where do I go for breakfast? Upstairs, usually to see what Cecil has cooked up. He brings me coffee in bed every morning which is such a delight. What a guy! I cooked all our meals for many, many years and since Cec has 'retired' he has been doing all the cooking. What a guy! We rarely eat out except for our once a week forays to Kiki's Mexican which is a nice alternative for us.

Breakfast this morning is a nice bowl of oatmeal. I eat it like rice, without sweetners but Cec likes some honey in it. A glass of juice, either grapefruit or orange and my second cup of joe. Some mornings its a big meal, biscuits and gravy or eggs with some vegie sausages, potatoes and sauted onions. Cec loves to start the day with a big breakfast, his favorite meal and I love to eat what he cooks! What a guy! Hah!

Soo

Southbound Snackyderm

Post by Southbound Snackyderm » October 28th, 2004, 8:12 pm

Are cigarettes and coffee part of a balanced diet? Sigh...

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 22nd, 2004, 6:25 pm

Hollins Market here in bawlmer md
Blitz's bakery on Lombard st but not in Jewtown , it was east of Caroline st.
Four am Crazy Mike would go get fresh baked keizer rolls, those rolls had a crust on them that you just can't find west of the Missisipp
tare the rolls open the steam was still coming out.
I just can't think of a word to adequately describe the experience, just very satisfying. The gift of a dysfuncional family is that it keeps on giving, but I am thinking of
firsty's or yabum's reply to a firecracker poem, he wrote something like I know the location of every crumb of happiness that has fallen through the cracks
kids don't need much just a crumb of happiness now and then.

don't ask what the hell we were all doing up at four in the morning

anniefay

Post by anniefay » December 23rd, 2004, 8:26 am

breakfast usually finds my feet parked under our own table. I have low blood sugar and breakfast has to inlcude protein, the easist fix, being eggs. So daily it is usually 2 eggs over hard (I got tired of runny eggs) and whole wheat toast. On Saturdays I usually go out to breakfast with my mom. She likes the tried and true/cheap... so it is a fast food fix. She's quite fond of McDonald's pancakes. On Sundays I fire up the stove for buckwheat pancakes (add extra eggs) and I'm good for some real gratification.

But just for kicks and giggles, here is my favorite sinful breakfast delight, one which I never get to make anymore.

Chocolate Gravy

3/4 c sugar
3 level Tbsp. Cocoa
3 level Tbsp. Flour
2 c. milk
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix Flour, sugar and cocoa together. Add 1/2 cup milk and mix well,then add 1 1/2 cup milk after its mixed. cook on low heat until it gets thick. then add butter and vanilla after it's done.

Pour this goo over fresh hot biscuits you've doused good with generous pats of butter. Your mouth will thank you all day.

Return to “General Discussion”