Litkicks

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 5th, 2004, 10:08 pm

i'm not going to publish your ip #, thirteen

but the software makes it available in the admin section so i noticed it as someone who continually visits and i was waiting for you to register so i could thank you for popping in and viewing what we're creating here!

i appreciate your interest!

oh, and if you haven't read the announcements board, i suggest you do...

i'm not moderating... this is an unmoderated forum... there's a post about that.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » September 5th, 2004, 10:13 pm

I have this bad habit

it has caused me a certian amount of grief in my life.

It has to do with my tendency to want to make friends with the most obnoxious people. As you can imagine, I have some very obnoxious friends.

It's impossible to ignore that you are an articulate person, even when you waste your acumen with frivolous slams and potty talk.

I like potty talk sometimes and I'm generally very indulgent of it.

If you choose to use these boards to be petty and insulting, so be it. You will not be deleted. But very soon the members will not select your posts.

Can I encourage you to use your very obvious verbal talents to make this a good community?

I know about curmudgeons, I'm a curmudgeon myself.

join in

(and Freedom Hall is always there if you get over the line late at night)
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 5th, 2004, 10:54 pm

thirteen...

thanks for trying not to piss people off... i do appreciate that...

TAS (aka troll alienation syndrom) must be a drag....

and thanks for the good luck wishes... i know enough real life sociopaths that cyber-sociopaths are way too much trouble to deal with and so i won't

Here's a joke for ya...

Where are you when you're pissed off?

Urine Hell. :mrgreen:

drazziw14

Post by drazziw14 » September 10th, 2004, 11:44 pm

Congratulations to Boreen Parry for creating the most pathetic and oppressive site since BizKicks. And she's done such a great job of recreating the bullshit excuses, fascist tactics that huckster Asher and his two psycho henchsluts got such a kick out of. I'm sure she and L-Rot will be up for an award for this gift to literature and art.

let's see what happens next.

knip

Post by knip » September 10th, 2004, 11:55 pm

for gawd's sake, cat

weren't you the one who invited your brother in?

if i am wrong, i am sorry

if i am right, you were part of the problem

abcrystcats

KNIP YOU ARE CONFUSED

Post by abcrystcats » September 11th, 2004, 12:38 am

thirteen, "whizzard" or whoever else this poster may be, he is NOT my brother. I give you my solemn word on it.

I do not know this person. I did not invite him in. I invite anyone to prove me wrong. If someone in my immediate family is polluting this board I will cut his balls off.

You are confused. I invited someone into Litkicks. He created a lot of havoc posting neocon beliefs but as far I as I know, he never posted pure crap. Please figure it out. This is someone you've had in your group for quite a while and he's no relation to me. God forbid.

knip

Post by knip » September 11th, 2004, 9:38 pm

<i>Some boards were taking over and others were withering away</i>

i was speaking to this comment...sorry for not being clear

frankly, i was quite pissed at you for bringing your brother into a site that was meant for lit explorers...you posted once you brought him in to stir things up...that he did, but unfortunately, that wasn't the purpose of the board...it was a board for literary thinkers to share thoughts and opinions...not a board for partisans to advertise their cause

abcrystcats

Post by abcrystcats » September 11th, 2004, 9:54 pm

I think you were quite right to be pissed. He did not turn out to be a responsible member at all. I was disgusted with him, myself. And he started pushing my buttons too. I should have foreseen that event.

He's said to me several times in the last year that he wanted to write a book about -- something he'd had experience in (actually). He even submitted some essays to my sister-in-law, who used to be a magazine editor, for critique. The two of us had a long talk about his need to improve English skills and so on. I thought his getting involved in these debates would help him to hone his language skills and his argumentation skills. It did neither.

I am frankly glad it stirred things up, but the stirring didn't get done in the right direction at all. He made everyone mad with his bullheadedness and nobody learned anything. Except me. I learned that he does not learn from experience anymore, regardless of what he might have been like, once upon a time.

I think the Army hardened him in ugly places. He was never the same after he got out of that place. I feel bad about that, because he's really not a bad guy, at all. But the people on LK didn't need to be subjected to that, and I should have used better judgement. I definitely apologize.

Needless to say, he will never hear about this board from me.

I hope that explains it and that you will forgive me. It was a stupid thing to do.

Cat.

knip

Post by knip » September 11th, 2004, 10:32 pm

outstanding response, cat

forgiveness isn't necessary...it implies something beyond being pissed

i look forward to reading more of your stuff, which i found quite good

abcrystcats

Post by abcrystcats » September 12th, 2004, 12:16 am

Thank you, Knip! I really appreciate the compliment and I will do my best to entertain you in the future, too.

I'm glad I had a chance to explain this, because I am sure you're not the only one who feels that way, and I've been wanting someone to bring it up.

My own writing interests are non-fiction, only. I would like to write profound and beautiful poetry like the rest of you, but I cannot. I can only admire it from afar, and I do. I like the discussion boards because they teach me how to be a better communicator. A good writer must write every day, and this website prompts me to do exactly that.

One of these days, soon, I'll write a few articles for this website and you can tell me what you think. I have only one rule: don't be nice. Tell me what you REALLY think. I am not shy of criticism about my writing; I welcome it.

Cat.

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » September 12th, 2004, 2:35 am

thirteen wrote:.

as far as my IP thats private property and u could be charged with a crime for publishing it or using it in any way
Horse shit.

clark

Post by clark » September 15th, 2004, 2:24 pm

hey scoopersmash, you hep-c infested street rat. get l-rot's dick out of your mouth so we can hear you more clearly. if Miz Perianal has been posting IPs like I hear she has, she's going to learn about lawsuits, very quickly.

phuck you.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 15th, 2004, 2:35 pm

the only place i've been posting ip#s is in the area of this site where i ban people which i'm about to do to yours.

so please go somewhere else, "clark", and leave us alone or we can start really talking about lawsuits very quickly.

Return to “General Discussion”