its never as easy i make myself belive its going to be......

Go ahead. Talk about it.
YABYUM

its never as easy i make myself belive its going to be......

Post by YABYUM » September 4th, 2004, 12:18 pm

first of all, i always assume that the border patrol will somehow not see me when i try and cross. Of course that never happens. This time passing over to the Canadian side, I was told that there is no way I am getting into Canada. The bastards even told my bus to go on ahead. The girl I was travelling with, who is from Montreal, actually stayed behind with me. I just lit a smoke and was ready to start the long fucking hike back to plattsburg (40 miles south of the border) when The bald patrol guard called us back and said that he may be able to help me get across but it was going to cost me $200 american. I payed the slimy henchman and was on the next northbound bus. (believe me, this is the condensed version) Now I am in Montreal and I have a date on wich I am supposed to vacate the great white north. Same fucking shit that happened to me when I went to Nova Scotia. This time, I plan on staying. I have already sent for a visa application and am just waiting for the goddamned mail to start moving. Finding work in this city is proving to be difficult. I cant find one single roofing company that speaks english. I found a few side jobs, painting and shit like that, but its not what I need. I need a real job, swinging my hammer. Anyone got any advice? I need advice thats not obvious. Believe me, I have walked the streets going in and out of every place asking if they need help and I get the paper everyday and tear through the classifieds. Who's got a good idea? How does an english speaking traveller find work in a french speaking area?

Although its rough right now.......I am so digging this city.
Man O Man, I love travel.

Thanks for letting rant a bit.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » September 4th, 2004, 1:25 pm

yabyum....have ya been to tam tam drumsessions at the foot of mt. royal in montreal on sundays http://membres.lycos.fr/tamjam/english.html
we wanna come and check monteal out and this makes me wanna come even more.......mark

YABYUM

wireman.....

Post by YABYUM » September 5th, 2004, 12:12 pm

i am checking my e mail, rolling a few bones and packing up my jimbe as we speak. I cannot wait to get over there, I have heard so much about the Tam Tam. I plan on spending the whole day today lounging out in this beautiful canadian sun listening to the sweet sound of percussion all the while keeping myself as high as a kite. I cant get over the quality and quantity of the heb up here. (dont even get me started on the beer) I'll be sure and let you know how it was. I've got a camera, but who knows if i'll ever get the photos online............

p.s.
I was really bummed I missed out on meeting you at the Cabaradio.
I'm sure there will be more though.......

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » September 5th, 2004, 3:29 pm

wow! good to hear from ya bout the tamtams....just got through showing my wife the photos of the event and we're ready to make a trip....sept.26th the last tamtam of 2004....gotta make it, I just gotta make it....mark

Return to “General Discussion”