Mortality

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 19th, 2009, 6:47 pm

thanks all for your replies

i've been dying to respond but my time is short, unfortunately

not sure what the bell tolling quote means other than the "it tolls for me" and it will be my turn eventually too

is that what it means?

no man is an island... i guess... i donno... sometimes i feel like an island ... sometimes i feel like a nut

almond joys have nuts
mounds don't

i have nothing significant to say other than i've been reading all of your replies and it made me glad i was still alive to read them

death be not proud

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 19th, 2009, 7:12 pm

The whole world is dying
and being born
it beats me too Doreen
I must have a hell of a death wish or be pleasure mad to live a life style like mine. RE: Beyond The Pleasure Principle by Elmer Fudd.

Oh well
I am glad to be alive too, grateful even.
and when I die
All I want is an Irish Wake,
that is all
I would like to die knowing my friends are having a good time.

still.trucking

Re: Mortality

Post by still.trucking » January 15th, 2013, 4:43 pm

I have no idea any more,
the bell tolls
for me I suppose
I sound like I was angry at Clay
these archives are where my treasures lie
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » January 16th, 2013, 3:05 pm

old, interesting thread ... oddly I´ve been re-reading last weeks the Tibetan Book of Deads with multiple prologues and occidental commentations including Dr. Jung ... :shock:

Finally I just look at it as "they died first" we are all gonna die.
It doesn't matter who's first or who's last, we're all destined to extinction. All data will be deleted, your body will decay and noone will remember you a year later, it'll be just like you never exhisted.

who was tonyc? ... I agree with what he/she said until the "... all data..." thing... it´s just not kind and it doesn´t feel true (at least for me) :)

I do know that we are not completely alone even near and beyond death and we will have help in the transit even tough we don´t have a hundred lamas chanting or a requiem in a catedral for us ... There are two possibilities with what sometimes I entertain my pensamiento, though... death it´s the end and that´s all (I skip this one soon, what else you can say?) or there is a sort of continuation, maybe with a bit absurd traces but sure there will be help and it will get better somehow (and I don´t specially believe in the God word...) My fears around death (for myself and the others) are more earthy ones: I mostly don´t like good-byes and I´m not good dealing with physical pain and I don´t like to depend too much on others ... I guess, that´s it, until now (of course I´m not an illuminated one). And life will go on as it must do.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » January 16th, 2013, 3:19 pm

each time I listen to Jaime Roos´s song "Si me voy antes que vos" it makes me want to cry, so beautiful & deep song...! Here a version with some delay between the image and the sound and with other song connected with it, first time I listened to it that way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDN_cNPlrI

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » January 17th, 2013, 10:58 pm

Clay wrote
let me help you out here cec
(I can't believe you asked the question)
we chop wood and carry water BECAUSE life is pointless
not in spite of it being pointless
8)
Camus undertakes to answer what he considers to be the only question of philosophy that matters:
The Myth of Sistahphus

Don't Forget Your Troubles by Lrod

Tony C is an old friend of Clay's I think Doreen knows him too.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » January 17th, 2013, 11:19 pm

who was tonyc? ... I agree with what he/she said until the "... all data..." thing... it´s just not kind and it doesn´t feel true (at least for me)
Screw the data, I mean like I am going to die and I will still need my social security number to identify myself in the after life. I mean if there is an after life I would be very disappointed if someone asked me for my social security number.

The only data that matters is what Kerouac wrote, what we create do with our lives, ripples long after we depart and our awareness drops back into the one from whence it came

Free Rice

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 18th, 2013, 1:38 am

mingo wrte:
That's not the point. You can say that twice & mean it.
at this point in time that is a mind fuck for me 8)

Artguy

Post by Artguy » January 18th, 2013, 10:57 am

Like the song says...
Whoopy we're all gonna die...

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 20th, 2013, 12:07 pm

A good death. For many years I was obsessed with the idea of a good death. A warriors death. I wanted to die in my footsteps,
These days I am resigned to an ambulance with siren wailing and tubes and needles antiseptic white walls. It does not matter.
The "bringer of glad tidings" died as he had lived, as he had taught--not to "redeem men" but to show how one must live. This practice is his legacy to mankind: his behavior before the judges, before the catchpoles, before the accusers and all kinds of slander and scorn--his behavior on the cross. He does not resist, he does not defend his right, he takes no step which might ward off the worst; on the contrary, he provokes it. And he begs, he suffers, he loves with those, in those, who do him evil. Not to resist, not to be angry, not to hold responsible--but to resist not even the evil one--to love him.5

—The Antichrist

Yes we are going to die, but maybe some of us will die more than others. Some will die only once and some will die twice, and I will die a thousand coward's death

BUDDHISM ... Buddhism promises nothing, but actually fulfills; Christianity promises everything, but fulfills nothing ibid
Last edited by stilltrucking on January 20th, 2013, 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » January 20th, 2013, 12:29 pm

I fear not where I came from, so there's no reason to worry in this existence about where I'll be going.......
Attachments
image.jpg
Varanasi...where the holy people go to die
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 21st, 2013, 2:06 am

death is only that of our bodily functions. That which is forever alive within is eternal as consciousness itself. It knows not death for life is all there is.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » January 21st, 2013, 10:12 am

I didn´t know that "Dharma for dummies" was on the net, l-rod! :D I´ve been reading you yesterday during a rato and it felt really alive, you really chewed the topic, amigo...! gracias!!!!!!!! (now I´ll shut up for a while)

http://truthandbooty.wordpress.com/2010 ... tructions/

short timer

Post by short timer » January 21st, 2013, 4:26 pm

:D 8)

Thank you so much for posting that link Arcadia. I worry about Clay's work on the net. I just tried to follow a a link to one of his posts and it was broken. I wish we could all get an effort going to archive Clays work for future generations. It is worth reading again and again.

I would appriciate it very much if anyone who has a link to any of Clay's work not already on studio eight would please post it Here

Cecil wrote:
death is only that of our bodily functions. That which is forever alive within is eternal as consciousness itself. It knows not death for life is all there is.
Yes, well said. Thank you. That's what I was trying to say but not so elegantly 8)
our awareness drops back into the one from whence it came
In the meantime all I got to fear is my fear of death
who was tonyc? ... I agree with what he/she said until the "... all data..." thing... it´s just not kind and it doesn´t feel true (at least for me)

Screw the data, I mean like I am going to die and I will still need my social security number to identify myself in the after life. I mean if there is an after life I would be very disappointed if someone asked me for my social security number.

The only data that matters is what Kerouac wrote, what we create do with our lives, ripples long after we depart and our awareness drops back into the one from whence it came

Free Rice

http://www.landscaper.net/short.htm

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 21st, 2013, 4:44 pm

Here ya go:

Lightning Rod poetry
http://lrod11.wordpress.com/

Lightning Rod - The Poet's Eye
http://thepoetseye.wordpress.com/

Lightning Rod - Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/lrod11

Lightning Rod books
http://www.cafepress.com/lrod

The Wordpress and Soundcloud sites will most likely continue since both are free services, though who knows for how long?

The Cafepress account.... well I'm not sure if that's a free service he's using or an upgraded service. If it's an upgraded service, it will eventually expire.

Return to “General Discussion”