About Barry Fitton - who remembers him from litkicks?

Go ahead. Talk about it.
judih
Site Admin

About Barry Fitton - who remembers him from litkicks?

Post by judih » September 29th, 2010, 6:54 am

Barry Fitton, an English poet, who moved to Amsterdam - who remembers?

I just spoke to him via skype. Last time had been 3 yrs ago. I knew he'd been in hospital, etc., via his Dutch girlfriend. Today got some details and he wanted me to let you all know.

He had some initial problem, got into hospital, needed 4 operations and actually died on the hospital bed. 20 minutes they spent trying to resuscitate him and it worked! (he said in England, they would've stopped after 7 minutes).

So, he's got a lot of tales to tell about ghosts surrounding him, 'watching over him'. He spent 2 weeks in a coma and then another 5 wks paralyzed, only able to move his fingers.

Now, a while later, he's sitting, moving around in a motorized vehicle of some sort. His vision is bad, but he manages with 24 bold caps.

If any of you would Skype him, he'd love it. He tried to read at a poetry reading in Amsterdam, but wasn't himself. He misses the scene, terribly.

Searching for Barry Fitton, Amsterdam, should find him on Skype.

I could see him on the webcam but the picture was blurry - i saw lots of hair and beard and a red shirt. Bookcases on walls (filled with books which he can't read).

It's a miracle he's alive and Holland treats him well - lots of social services to help him live his life. Next year, he'll be 65 and a pensioner.

So, there it is.
Wanted to share this with you all.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: About Barry Fitton - who remembers him from litkicks?

Post by Doreen Peri » September 29th, 2010, 8:20 am

I'm glad to hear he came through it, judih, and is on the mend! Thanks for your report. I was wondering how he was doing because last I heard he was in the hospital, too. I don't use skype... no webcam here.... but I'm sending my best wishes and healing energy!

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » September 29th, 2010, 10:58 am

Thanks, doreen. I will. Next time, i'll try to take a screen shot (even though it'll be blurry) and post it.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » September 30th, 2010, 1:08 pm

judih: gracias for sharing the news!. I don´t skype and I don´t know to talk in English well, say a big hola! in my name and tell him that we are also still here..! :) :wink:

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » September 30th, 2010, 2:38 pm

I will, arcadia dear!

Return to “General Discussion”