Happy St. Valentine's Day to All

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Steve Plonk

Re: Happy St. Valentine's Day to All

Post by Steve Plonk » February 8th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Yeah, Valentine's Day is on Feb. 14th. I posted early in case my computer acts up again.
St. Valentine was a real saint. 8) See this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine% ... te_note-35
St. Valentine's Day began as a liturgical celebration of one or more early Christian saints named Valentinus. Several martyrdom stories were invented for the various Valentines that belonged to February 14, and added to later martyrologies.[2] A popular hagiographical account of Saint Valentine of Rome states that he was imprisoned for performing weddings for soldiers who were forbidden to marry and for ministering to Christians, who were persecuted under the Roman Empire. According to legend, during his imprisonment, he healed the daughter of his jailer, Asterius. An embellishment to this story states that before his execution he wrote her a letter signed "Your Valentine" as a farewell.[3] Today, Saint Valentine's Day is an official feast day in the Anglican Communion,[4] as well as in the Lutheran Church.[5]

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » February 14th, 2015, 3:10 pm

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL! :) :) 8) 8)

68degrees

Post by 68degrees » February 15th, 2015, 4:48 pm

Thank you. I had a wonderful St. V's Day. Hope you did also.

68degrees

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » February 15th, 2015, 7:06 pm

68 Degrees, we did, also. We got carry-out at "Capt. D's" & exchanged candy & cards...Saw a flick... :)

My daughter got a huge valentine box with chocolate covered strawberries from her boyfriend. 8)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » February 14th, 2016, 5:33 pm

Happy Happy Joy Joy on St. Valentine's Day! " 8) Love is all you need..." :) :idea:

Return to “General Discussion”