re Whitney

Go ahead. Talk about it.
dave eberhardt

re Whitney

Post by dave eberhardt » February 13th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Thank you for the tributes- to me, the protestor who spent a lifetime counselling addicts and am an addict meself- i feel the media will not cover this in any depth- as they did not Michael...

Nothing but platitudes and cliches: o, she was ready for a comeback," or, wow "haunting tributes at the grammys" or etc.

Actually, I am proud to be an addict in the sense Baudelaire meant- when he said- "be addicted to something- even to virtue...but...be addicted!" In other words- be passionate.

To a degree, the addict, like poet Sylvia Plath- developes a skill for dying! The addict can be a series of relapses getting worse. Let's not plaster things over with boosterism, shall we? But this society cannot cover death either!

Do they interview counselor's at Whitney's rehab clinics to find out what demons she had?- why did she keep on changing color (as did Michael) which they will not cover-having to change hair styles once a week, her appearance once a year?? a chameleon?

Do they interview other artists that cld share light- especially the ones that have had similar problems? do they interview the dealers?

I, (and other persons on this site who have "been there") cld cover this death better than the media- i think- agree? disagree?

Certainly the money and the enablers it buys- plays a big part- but what- in Whitney- was so painful that she had to self medicate? in Michael? still a big mystery. Especially when they could buy the world and had big talent?

Does it have to do with upbringing? (I should think.)

Of course- America? that's not covered by most media either. Especially the dark side!

david eberhardt
4 hadley sq n
balto, md

410-235-7507

mtmynd

Re: re Whitney

Post by mtmynd » February 16th, 2012, 1:38 am

share this story
Re: "Certainly the money and the enablers it buys- plays a big part- but what- in Whitney- was so painful that she had to self medicate? in Michael? still a big mystery. Especially when they could buy the world and had big talent?"

I thought Whitney was very wealthy, also, given the amount of fame she received ever since she began her career.
After the untimely death of Michael Jackson, his estate made a fortune due to a sudden renewed interest in his catalogue. According to insiders, however, the same will not happen with Whitney Houston.

"She was broke -- her label gave her advances," a record company insider told me. "And unlike Michael, you have to remember that Whitney didn't write any of those massive hits. They were songs that Clive Davis told her to sing and she did."

One of Houston's biggest hits, "I Will Always Love You," was actually written by Dolly Parton, who will receive the writer's and publisher's rates when the song undoubtedly gets a boost in radio and television performances.

complete article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/1 ... ostpopular
nice writing, David.

Steve Plonk

Re: re Whitney

Post by Steve Plonk » February 17th, 2012, 1:10 pm

Too bad about Whitney Houston's death...Sounds like she died
a similar death to Jim Morrison. I heard someone found her dead in the bathtub.
She had plenty of talent...A sad ending... :(

Return to “General Discussion”