not that it would interest anyone but I wonder . . .

Go ahead. Talk about it.
jackofnightmares

not that it would interest anyone but I wonder . . .

Post by jackofnightmares » February 17th, 2014, 3:49 pm

what is going on with my toes?
My toes look like polish hotdogs
The agony of de feets.
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

Hypatia

Wrinkles I wonder

Post by Hypatia » February 17th, 2014, 4:56 pm

Where are my wrinkles
I want to look my age
every bit of it
tinkerjack cracked pots and tidy wives
I want you to wear my scarlet letters

yes I wonder I still wonder
conundrums on the sly
lucy in the sky

this little piggy went to market, for many years I was under the delusion that I had eleven toes

rub a dub tub
this is the way we wash our babies in the merry old laznd of O
I used to be smart.

mtmynd

Re: not that it would interest anyone but I wonder . . .

Post by mtmynd » February 21st, 2014, 10:05 am

to wonder is a release from thinking... not really seeking an answer... just wondering as one would wander.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 22nd, 2014, 4:18 pm

I used to stand and wonder, now I only stand.
People from Argentina must pity us because they have seen it all before.

Anatomy of the Deep State
http://billmoyers.com/2014/02/21/anatom ... eep-state/

Who Are We at War With? That’s Classified
http://billmoyers.com/2014/02/21/andrew ... consensus/

Henry Giroux on Resisting the Neoliberal Revolution

http://billmoyers.com/2014/02/21/henry- ... evolution/

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 22nd, 2014, 4:55 pm

There is the visible government situated around the Mall in Washington, and then there is another, more shadowy, more indefinable government that is not explained in Civics 101 or observable to tourists at the White House or the Capitol. The former is traditional Washington partisan politics: the tip of the iceberg that a public watching C-SPAN sees daily and which is theoretically controllable via elections. The subsurface part of the iceberg I shall call the Deep State, which operates according to its own compass heading regardless of who is formally in power. [1]

[1] The term “Deep State” was coined in Turkey and is said to be a system composed of high-level elements within the intelligence services, military, security, judiciary and organized crime. In British author John le Carré’s latest novel, A Delicate Truth, a character describes the Deep State as “… the ever-expanding circle of non-governmental insiders from banking, industry and commerce who were cleared for highly classified information denied to large swathes of Whitehall and Westminster.” I use the term to mean a hybrid association of elements of government and parts of top-level finance and industry that is effectively able to govern the United States without reference to the consent of the governed as expressed through the formal political process.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 22nd, 2014, 5:02 pm

What words best describe present-day Washington politics? The commonplace answer, endlessly repeated by politicians themselves and media observers alike, is this: dysfunction, gridlock, partisanship and incivility. Yet here’s a far more accurate term: tacit consensus. Where Republicans and Democrats disagree, however loudly, matters less than where their views align. Differences entertain. Yet like-mindedness, even if unacknowledged, determines both action and inaction.

In the ‘Bill-W.-Obama’ era, a neoliberal consensus defines American politics. In his classic text, The American Political Tradition, the historian Richard Hofstadter identified the parameters of that consensus. It emphasizes, he wrote, “the rights of property, the philosophy of economic individualism, [and] the value of competition.” It assumes “the natural evolution of self-interest and self-assertion … into a beneficent social order.” Grab and get ultimately works for the larger benefit of all. That, at least, is the idea.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 22nd, 2014, 5:02 pm

The notion of the “Deep State” as outlined by Mike Lofgren may be useful in pointing to a new configuration of power in the US in which corporate sovereignty replaces political sovereignty, but it is not enough to simply expose the hidden institutions and structures of power.

What we have in the US today is fundamentally a new mode of politics, one wedded to a notion of “power unaccompanied by accountability of any kind,” and this poses a deep and dire threat to democracy itself, because such power is difficult to understand, analyze and counter.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » February 22nd, 2014, 7:39 pm

stilltrucking wrote:The notion of the “Deep State” as outlined by Mike Lofgren may be useful in pointing to a new configuration of power in the US in which corporate sovereignty replaces political sovereignty, but it is not enough to simply expose the hidden institutions and structures of power.

What we have in the US today is fundamentally a new mode of politics, one wedded to a notion of “power unaccompanied by accountability of any kind,” and this poses a deep and dire threat to democracy itself, because such power is difficult to understand, analyze and counter.
I've given a great deal of thought to this idea, that there is a tiny minority that calls the shots in D.C. regarding the way politics will go. And "this poses a deep and dire threat to democracy itself, because such power is difficult to understand, analyze and counter."

When there is no language sufficient enough to explain something as insidious as this, the media, the country, and indeed the people suffer in the long run. How does anyone put into sufficient language, good enough to both interest the reader/listener, good enough to counter-act what is going on..? There are successful authors that write books on political intrigue, conspiracies, the shadowy underbelly of intrigue behind the tightly closed doors in Washington... but who really cares? Isn't that the stuff of cool movies we go to to suspend reality for a couple of hours? That stuff if strictly fiction owned by book publishers and Hollywood... our Government certainly isn't like that..! We have the freedom of 'everything' in America, by golly! The press would let us know, if not our President!

The depth of the mask that hides these subversive truths is impenetrable. To even dent it, after all these years, is futile. The language to question these things that threaten not only our own country, but the entire world is unavailable. How does anyone responsible and caring enough expose this poisonous subversive world lurking below us without having to apologize to those who are guilty? How does anyone get these people to finally confess to their crimes with the amount of fear they themselves must bear for digging into the mess so deep that the stench of the fear penetrates every pore of their flesh that nobody really even knows these people.... and that is the way they get away with this undermining of governments, inch by inch, day by day, dollar by dollar... buying more and more information like the NSA, and even possibly having created the NSA out of their need and uses the government to conceal that which must not ever come to light... and you know that it there. It's in the soul of all of us, that deeply hidden spot within us that we mustn't ever allow anyone to even glimpse for fear of exposing ourselves like Adam naked in the Garden of Eden desperately hiding his genitals from the eyes of those lurking in the shadows... but he knows all will be well when that fig leaf show up and he can breath out, take it easy... they will never know.... they will never know... not ever for he will hide his real being from those who have no reason to know....not at all....

And so deception continues to survive and grow evermore powerful and we, the common man put here on this earth, are only here to DO and not question for that is the perfect ideal for those who survive and even flourish behind closed doors secure in knowing no matter how much we know there isn't a goddamned thing we can do about it. Zilch!

[enough]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 22nd, 2014, 7:54 pm

How does anyone get these people to finally confess to their crimes
What has confession got to do with anything. What good do confessions do? Oh wait your Catholic :wink:

I just like knowing, I thought those men were very articulate and it eases my mind to have a better understanding of what it is that's going on whether I can do anything about it or not.

Kind of a Sisyphus/Camus thingy for me
it never was any better
it never will be any better
it will only be richer or poorer
it will only be sadder but not wiser
—A Canticle For Leibowitz, I must have read that book a hundred times.
I know you would love it too Cecil,

Here is a link to a very good NPR radio play version for it. Enjoy

https://archive.org/details/ACanticleForLiebowitz
Attachments
canticle-for-leibowitz.jpg

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 22nd, 2014, 8:55 pm

More like Adam walking around naming things. He slept better at night after a good days work naming things

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » June 16th, 2014, 8:55 am

howdy, Jack...

my email service, TWC, sent me this dated 1:36a.m. (presumably today) -
Hello mtmynd,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"not that it would interest anyone but I wonder . . ." at "Poetry & Art
Forums – Studio8 - Uniting the Arts". This topic has received a reply since
your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made,
no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:
http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... 1&e=175341
Better late than never..? I wonder how many of your other followers were treated with this?

Hope all is well, amigo, and your health is supporting you the best it is able.

C~

Quacker Jack™

Post by Quacker Jack™ » June 16th, 2014, 7:56 pm

It beats me Cecil. :?
I been giving some thought to the possibility that everything is okay, everything is going as God intended. Who knows, maybe God is a a Realtor™ :?:

Howdy howdy and thanks for being such a loyal follower of the church of it Beats Me Too :)

Image Source
Attachments
ambumarshalplan1_small2.gif
"Life goes where the new forms are, so yur not gonna have, uh, uh'mean y'might as well, er all this, uh this is all Hindsight that yur talkin' 'bout. It's already too late... Allen Ginsberg and Neal Cassady conversation

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » June 27th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Where the Quack u at?....
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 28th, 2014, 12:46 pm

I've been wondering the same thing. Hey Jack! What's up with you? Haven't seen you around here lately.

Quacker Jack™

Post by Quacker Jack™ » July 5th, 2014, 11:17 pm

Still quacking :)
"Life goes where the new forms are, so yur not gonna have, uh, uh'mean y'might as well, er all this, uh this is all Hindsight that yur talkin' 'bout. It's already too late... Allen Ginsberg and Neal Cassady conversation

Return to “General Discussion”