Sorry for the bad news (Constantine)

Go ahead. Talk about it.
keithalanhamilton

Re: Sorry for the bad news (Constantine)

Post by keithalanhamilton » June 22nd, 2014, 9:22 am

Doreen,

Thank you so much for sending out the message about Dino's passing. I hadn't talked to Dino in 6 months, been so busy. The last time I saw Dino in person was when we read poetry together at the Ivy Bookstore in Baltimore last year. I drove him home after the reading and now I am so grateful to have done that for him.

In the world of poetry I have three mentors: Judih Weinstein Haggai who taught me the use of words and how to make them come alive. David Eberhardt, David taught me how to make my words count and give them a punch. Constantine Pantazonis, Dino influenced the style and presentation of my words. Our styles are very similar, another great poet who has a similar style of words to Dino and I is my dear friend Tina Culp Barton.

Dino also like me in my Images with Words series, loved to take an image and develop a poetic story around it. He was masterful, original and clever in the way he did it,

Like many of us, I met Mr. Poet at the forum Poetry in Baltimore years ago. LOL! I actually thought he started the forum until later I realized it was Julie Fisher. I think that is where I met you Doreen, I know Wireman, not sure about Judih but she was the one who told me about Studio 8. I spent a lot of time with Wireman and Judih at her group Thistles and Marigolds on Tribe. At PIB Dino and I instantly bonded and we talked on a regular basis about poetry and life all the way through his time in Ohio going to college and finally returning back to Baltimore. He knew how proud I was of him when he graduated from college and what a fine example he was to all.

Dino knew what he meant to me, how he had influenced my writing style, we were truly comrades’ in life. My only regret is when I last saw him, I told him we were going to get a portfolio of his poetry up on my site The Hamilton Gallery ~ Online.com. He was so excited about doing that, but life got in the way for the both of us and that never happened.

I have lost so many friends over the last few years and it hurts to lose another one in Dino, Mr. Poet. I am glad I got to know him well and I have all those memories to cherish forever. As a published author with a very unique style, you will always see the influence of Constantine Pantazonis thriving in my words. RIP Comrade !

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 22nd, 2014, 10:07 am

Yes, he was a special person and a fine poet, Keith. I've never read anyone's poetry which was *anything* similar to his. His style was his own, extremely unique. It's definitely a style worth studying, for sure! I can't think of a better teacher. He always inspired me, also.

Glad you got to spend some time together. Sorry you lost a friend. I'm glad you have the memories which will stay with you!

We'll all miss Dino very much.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » June 22nd, 2014, 4:38 pm

i'm a little (more than a little) stunned to hear this. i had planned a trip back east last year, but never made it happen. i really regret that now.

i completely enjoyed hanging out with Dino online. he was obviously a talented poet with a very unique style, and always a razor sharp wit, cutting at times, but a hell of a great guy too. i will miss him very much.

damn. i should have gone.

guess i don't have much more to say about it right now. stunned, that's all.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 26th, 2014, 8:16 pm

You can still come, Mark. I'm here. Wireman is nearby. Steve (saw) and all the Poetry in Baltimore contingent. We're all here. Life is short. Obviously. Come and visit when you have time. I'm sorry you missed Dino. I did, too. I'm shaking my head because it's crazy how things happen, people disappearing in thin air, those we wanted to spend time with. I'm not waiting any more. I'm going to figure out how to get together with those I care about. You are very welcome to come visit, Mark. Forget last year, it's over. What about this year?

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » June 27th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Doreen you are soooooooooo....right....Me and Dino kept missing the hookup, I have no car and rarely leave Frederick now......it's ridiculous that I don't see my friends in Baltimore more often, and my friends In the DC area....

Lo and behold I was contacted by folks in B'more about doing a poetry show there July 25th, in honor of Dino......Steve Weaver is reading along with others familiar to S8 folks.....it's from 7-9pm. At the Ivy bookshop on falls road in north Baltimore .......I'll be doing the raga poetry/music with Jamie Wilson on percussion, should be a heavy duty night for the memory of Dino.
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 28th, 2014, 12:52 pm

Exactly, Mark!

I get stuck in Virginia because I don't drive very far any more especially after a car accident in January. Driving isn't easy for me any more. It must be very difficult to get around without even having a car. I understand.

I'm happy to hear you're going out to Baltimore to participate in the show July 25th. Yes, I'm aware of the reading and I was thinking of going but I don't know yet. We'll see. I'm sure it's going to be a terrific night and a great tribute to Dino!

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » June 28th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Hangin on and hangin in....reinventing.....enjoying the being....in place, I mean a place gives a person grounding and feel that is becoming a rare commodity....I find a freedom in being car-less, way beyond the exorbitant prices and insurance costs.....which all means I'll probably be getting a work truck soon :lol: .....nah I don't want the headache.....

...missing Dino....working on a tribute piece to perform....I met him only once yet I knew Dino like a true friend thru the magic of the "word".....perhaps that's the start of the piece??? Peace out! :D

mnaz

Post by mnaz » June 28th, 2014, 3:14 pm

man, i would really like to see that show.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » July 2nd, 2014, 8:26 pm

Mnaz: listen to Doreen!, do the great Kerouac a la inversa: cross the wideness of your country & meet the friends, sure it would do well for your soul, amigo! :D (of course do what you want...! :lol: :wink: )

Wireman/Saw: good that you are doing a poetic celebration for Dino in Baltimore, keep us posted about it, si? .Gracias!!!

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » July 3rd, 2014, 7:21 pm

I'll try and remember to take som pics this time...:)

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » July 3rd, 2014, 11:20 pm

WIREMAN wrote:I'll try and remember to take som pics this time...:)
very amusing
of course you'll remember.
you'll remember to ask everybody to take pics
and post 'em
cellphone - instagram - hashtag - #dinonight
and then we can all see them

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » July 4th, 2014, 2:37 pm

Ya know I'm finally starting to get it Judih ....finally got Instagram this week :D

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » July 4th, 2014, 11:41 pm

ah, mark! superb
some things are truly good ideas
why not?

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » July 5th, 2014, 9:39 pm

:D
Oh yeah!!!

Return to “General Discussion”