Tom Robbins

Go ahead. Talk about it.
WIREMAN

Tom Robbins

Post by WIREMAN » November 29th, 2014, 1:27 pm

Tom Robbins.....ya know i never took him seriously for all the years since reading Another Roadside Attraction & Even Cowgirls Get the Blues back in the '70's.....now in my 60's i find great enjoyment in his writing. Just read his sorta autobiography Tibetan Peach Pie and it was one of those couldnt put it down adventures for me.....just wondering if anybody else has any thoughts on him, his work, his subject matter and above all humor....
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Re: Tom Robbins

Post by the mingo » November 29th, 2014, 2:53 pm

after stumbling into Another Roadside Attraction i read everything he had out there at the time - after Jitterbug Perfume I got off that train and didn't pay any more attention - I remember my enjoyment though of those early books - Even Cowgirls Get the Blues & Another Roadside Attraction - Still Life with Woodpecker - some things just burst upon you and you feed & feed & feed - when you get down to the bones you've eaten all the magic and begin scanning horizons again wondering about & wandering over the next range of hills - I wish I could have that discovery of his works fresh all over again ...
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

WIREMAN

Re: Tom Robbins

Post by WIREMAN » November 29th, 2014, 8:30 pm

a couple of years ago i was asked by a couple to read a passage about love and ladting love from still life of a woodpecker at their wedding ceremony.....i found that by writing it out in verse form i could make it flow and become performable.....well it went over quite well and several other couples asked me to read at and one couple asked me to perform their ceremony.....which I couldnt commit to because of my job constraints....i read that Robbins has performed 5 wedding ceremonies....maybe when i retire that and being Santa will help supplement my income :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Return to “General Discussion”