general observation

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: general observation

Post by Doreen Peri » March 22nd, 2015, 12:27 pm

PS ... For my work of 23+ years, I often have to text-edit the writing of others. It's absolutely amazing to me that some people who are in executive positions which pay them 6-figure incomes don't know how to put a sentence together, know very little about grammar, rarely know how to properly punctuate, etc. But that's why they hire me.

When I do text editing for multiple different types of documents, the authors get REALLY pissed off at me if I "rewrite" their work. All I'm allowed to do is correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, paragraph breaks, and occasionally choose better words, but rewriting the works entirely is not acceptable. That's why they call it "text editing" ... not text rewriting.

And believe it or not, MANY of these high-paid executives don't know how to spell. It's amazing to me they graduated from college, let alone have Masters degrees or PhDs.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 22nd, 2015, 12:29 pm

Ton... yes, I believe critique should be collaborative with the author and critic working together. But as I said before, I like your critiques. They almost always offer solid, specific, examples for improvement, especially when you suggest removing extraneous words. :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 22nd, 2015, 12:40 pm

Yeah, I capiche. Just because I didn't reply to your specific comment, doesn't mean I'm not following the conversation. It also doesn't mean I don't have reading comprehension skills.

I don't like egotists, btw.

Nor do I enjoy being told I'm stupid. Believe me, I engage in enough self deprecation that I don't need anybody else to add to it.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 22nd, 2015, 1:24 pm

Ton Romus wrote:control issues?
Pardon me? Sorry, perhaps my comprehension skills are lacking? Or perhaps you're talking to someone else? It's impossible to tell.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Whose control issues? Do you have control issues? If so, perhaps start another discussion about your control issues or write a poem about it or a short story or something.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 22nd, 2015, 1:45 pm

What shit? Overly react about what? Who's overly reacting? I'm just participating in a discussion. Do you have reading comprehension issues? LOL

WTF are you talking about????

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 22nd, 2015, 1:51 pm

Ton Romus wrote:off topic. You go time out!

:shock:
Good idea. Time out for me.

Hey, you wanna own this site? I'll give it to you. Seriously. I've been trying to give it away for 2 years or more. :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 22nd, 2015, 2:06 pm

You never showed up to do my hair and nails. Promises, promises. I'm disappointed but that's OK. I forgive you. :)

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 22nd, 2015, 2:30 pm

did everybody forget the jam!?
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 22nd, 2015, 2:53 pm

OMG, when I run outa olive oil, my whole world falls apart until I get some more! Olive oil and coconut oil are my staples. I like jam, too, on oatmeal bread toasted with my morning coffee... lotsa cream! How do people live without cream? Summer's coming, thank the universe who whoever's running this damn mess. That means the outdoor pool will be open and I can do my laps. I have memory lapses but i much prefer the pool for laps. 72 laps is a mile. I'm a slow swimmer. I swim the 72 in 72 minutes. That's slow! But it's a mile! Forget my nails. They'll grow back. The only nails I'm concerned about at this point are the ones I've hammered into my own hands and feet while hanging myself from the ridiculous cross. But I'm breakin outa this tomb! Jam the resurrection! 8)

shadowplay

Post by shadowplay » March 22nd, 2015, 7:12 pm

I didn't forget the Jam
I just had a lot of demons on my time
I mean demands
shadowplay

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 22nd, 2015, 7:21 pm

Jams are continuous in the ~GO forum, shadowGirl... join in whenever you want... hope your move is going smoothly. Last time I had a smooth move ... (oh never mind).... but anyway, I live in a commune. Come June, there may be more residents. We're all nuts about living here 'cause we have nowhere else to go. *shrug* Show us your hugs and enjoy and many or some will employ a way to reply.... Hell, we gotta do it before we die ... and we're all going some day.

shadowplay

Post by shadowplay » March 22nd, 2015, 7:26 pm

haven't even begun the move yet, cuz no job has been obtained to date
wondering if I'm going to end up moving even without a secured job
my management company is all over my ass to either sign another lease or tell them exactly
when I'm moving out
wish they'd get off my fucking back
bitches
shadowplay

fuchsiafestival!

Post by fuchsiafestival! » April 27th, 2015, 12:27 am

I agree that it is a bit narcissistic to get feedback on a poem but not reply to others.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 27th, 2015, 12:54 am

As my sister recently mentioned to me in regards to the internet (and maybe other stuff, too), "Some people just don't know how to act." hah!

I try to reply to many more than I post. But I think it's only fair to reply to two or three for every one you post. It's about community. I like community. I like the interaction. To be honest? I stop reading the posts by the people who are "hit and run" on the internet superhighway. If they don't participate in feedback like everybody else, their material loses my interest. What a snob I am, huh? :)

Return to “General Discussion”