I figured out why discussion boards are dying

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

I figured out why discussion boards are dying

Post by Doreen Peri » June 24th, 2016, 8:27 am

Finally got a smart phone... an iphone, the one with the largest screen. I can't even see the text on here on the phone. This site isn't optimized for viewing on phones. I'm going to see if there's a mod to install that would make it work for phones. I looked at two other discussion board sites on my phone and same thing... can't read the text. The text is two small. Anyway, I think that's why sites like this one are dying. Most people go online with their phone these days. No use going to a site you can't read.

:)

Arcadia

Re: I figured out why discussion boards are dying

Post by Arcadia » June 24th, 2016, 4:15 pm

:lol:

can't read the text

yeah, since five years ago that´s a problem for me even using bigger screens... my 1.5 glasses for reading aren´t working well anymore... :roll: ... (it´s tedious to need new glasses each year and suddenly depend on them...!) and at night things start to get a little blurry and lights too shiny... uhhh... :shock:

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 24th, 2016, 9:34 pm

It's because it's not optimized to fit on a small screen, Veronica, that's what I mean. My vision isn't as good as it used to be either, but that has nothing to do with it. Do you have a smart phone? Do you use Facebook or Google or Email on your phone? All those sites are optimized for small screens on iPads or smartphones.

It's about sites being Mobile Friendly. This software on this site is not mobile friendly.

But YOU are friendly and that's why I love you! :D

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » June 24th, 2016, 11:15 pm

I can read on my SmartPhone if I turn it sideways. When I have no choice, I do it, but I still love a big screen - laptop, desktop or even tablet.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » June 24th, 2016, 11:23 pm

p.s. If I squeeze open the text, it expands and I can write.
I hate texting, though, so I have to be very determined !
In other words, I want to write, therefore I do. I wonder, though, is there some mod that can optimize studio eight for phones?
that would be terrific.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 25th, 2016, 8:10 am

Judih...
Yeah, that's a pain to have to turn it sideways then make the text bigger.

yeah, that's what I'd like to look into ... a mod.

If I found one, though, we'd probably need to get the software updated first which is another issue. We are several versions behind... um... sorta way behind. ;)

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » June 25th, 2016, 10:53 pm

omg situation

if you have the guts, i salute you!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 26th, 2016, 5:22 am

Yanno what? apparently this doesn't mean much

My boyfriend died last night ... at midnight... at my house... paramedics everywhere couldn't save him....

I may be mourning for decades

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 26th, 2016, 6:17 pm

hey doreen, are you talking methaphorically or literal...? :shock: :( damn, take care anyway...

two months ago friends gave me a Samsung galaxy III mini that they didn´t use anymore to finally have whatsapp in the phone and to finally stop being a sort of global commnunicating problem for the local community... :lol: It´s ok for that but it´s a another problem to navigate in internet for other purposes (too slow, too small the screen), I still didn´t try to see how s-8 looks through it.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » June 26th, 2016, 10:46 pm

arcadia - whats app doreen. whats app me. we can all speak in real time.
we can share this moment.
doreen, i can't begin to feel your helplessness as you had to live that scene. but i try to imagine. a stroke? heart attack? out of the blue. tears and horror

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 29th, 2016, 7:55 pm

judih & doreen: I´ll have in mind the possibility, thanks...! but right now I don´t have anything productive to say to doreen, except I have already said to her and that I hope she can give herself the time she need to accept things and feel not guilty for that... maybe at this point I´m talking more about myself than anything...: our "call know"/ "instant" culture pressure sometimes is unbeareable ... and that doesn´t deny to have or intuite a larger view about what´s happening ... big hugs for both of you, dear friends!

I tried to enter to s-8 through my phone some hours ago while in my flebologist waiting room, and yes it looks better with the screen rotated!. But I don´t know why, I couldn´t log in...

Hypatia

Post by Hypatia » August 20th, 2016, 9:39 pm

Is that why I feel like I have died here and gone to heaven
cause heaven is just an open text box on studio eight.
speaking of dying

Oh I am dying, got me so scared thinking about it I bought a new car a new bike and a refrigerator. If I can live six more years to pay it off I will be 82 years old.
jeeser geezers that's :( like the only incentive I got for staying alive is to pay my bills.
for what i spent I could have paid for a nice funeral, but can you borrow money to pay for a funeral, interesting,
You know I think I must be getting square in my dotage
of all the thousands and thousands of dollars I borrowed and spent that refrigerator pleases me best.

now sitting here hoping wireman comes back soon

sorry I got on such a morbid jag, but you all know what a word freak I am Every time I stumble on a thread where one of our dear parted friends still abide I am reminded how fleeting this is, or seems, the ghosts that haunt the machines. whatever that means,
like another life a silicon dimensions where a friend's words, art, music lives on, we used to have clay tablets for that, papyrus scrolls, now we got silicon chips, oh yes a strange new world, I keep my shoes shinned more than I used to, every time they start to look scuffed this song comes to mind. and I shine my shoes and feel good about it.

http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... ux#p140315
I used to be smart.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 5th, 2016, 11:34 am

Doreen, deaths of ones close to us makes us sad & helpless. Also, hearing of declining health
of friends makes us send out healing messages. :(

Hypatia, aKa Still Trucking, sorry to hear of your health problems, too. :(

I care about my online buddies, too. Somewhere out there in the net, we will
send good vibrations. I don't have a smart phone or tablet so this is my only
way of online communication. 8)

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » April 20th, 2017, 7:25 pm

Aspergers is not easy,
when I go back and reread this thread
Doreen my family knows I am not right
Aspergers a subtle form of autism
that is why I dread facebook so much
and the other social media sites
I am retarded socially, but my family found me there so everyonce in a while I got to go and respond to a niece or nephew, cause I am the unk, the old spinster uncle who never married never had children.

I don/t think this board is dying
but I am pretty certain I will any day now

sorry for your loss doreen
I have read that writers and artists are blessed in that their mourning is grist for the mill. That is a pretty far fetched paraphrase of Freud/s Mourning and Melancholia

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=17935&p=129898&hil ... ia#p129898
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Return to “General Discussion”