peeking out of the muck

Go ahead. Talk about it.
ellipsis

peeking out of the muck

Post by ellipsis » September 21st, 2004, 9:30 am

nice place you got here. i've just now (finally) rediscovered the link to this spot. i like it.

just a few things:

are there fill-in-the-blanks?

are there profile wars?

are there completely nonsensical posts (even without me)?

are there late night drinking binges and chain smoking gangs?

do you offer frequent flyer miles?

cake?

how do. :?

sooZen

Post by sooZen » September 21st, 2004, 10:15 am

(...)how the hell are you? Did you survive the hurrycane okay? Bennie has been worried sick about you...did he ever get in touch? Did you check out my web site, soozenlee.blogspot.com? (I am justly proud.)

I have more questions, but time is fleeing. There may be some kinda question and answer test later so bone up (whatever that 'bone' is?). I must go write postcards for my next show. Welcome!!! It is great to 'see' you! This is a fun place that Dor has created. I feel right at home.

Smacks!
SooZen

ellipsis

hey soozen!

Post by ellipsis » September 21st, 2004, 10:42 am

well, having seen the impact of hurricane opal in 1995, i have to say that though ivan was larger, its effects on central alabama paled in comparison. montgomery had 1 tornado, but it didn't touch the ground. but the winds blew the side off one floor of a nearby hotel, and i heard a report of a brick blowing down a street in downtown montgomery, end over end, which i think might have been amusing to see.

seriously, folks shouldn't <i>live</i> on the coast. i saw a lot of pictures of flattened buildings on our beaches.

i got some messages from bennie that really made me glow all over. i get messages from the litkicks folks that make me a lot happier than most people ever have.

i don't get much time on the net anymore (school, life... etc.). i'm also taking an advanced writing class that is further destroying any creative writing tendencies i might have had beforehand, and it makes me want to chew the papers before turning them in. really! i consider it, but my professor is a stuffy type who wouldn't understand.

and i <i>have</i> seen your site. i've even read a bit of it, but i haven't found a lot of time to read it all. i'm glad to see you've erected a blog... do you have pictures of your crafts on there? my own blog has erratic posts of a bothersome nature. :P

i would bone up for the test, but though i've tried to make every single noun function also as a verb... well... bones... and the thing... such...

thanks for the welcome! it's good to read you.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » September 21st, 2004, 11:05 am

it's great to see you here, lips
glad you made it through the weather

as far as nonsense and smoking and drinking goes
you can smoke and drink anywhere as far as I'm concerned
and as for nonsence goes, check out Scoot's Trailerpark
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

hester_prynne

Hey ellipsis!

Post by hester_prynne » September 21st, 2004, 11:49 am

Girlfriend, it's good to see you here. I've wondered myself about how you fared during the hurricane but also had a feeling in my gut that you were ok.
(I'm at the age now where one listens to her gut for the real score.
heh.)
I still wish you could come visit Asstoria someday. Your room remains ready. :D
Anyway, again, nice to see you dear....I gotta run, won't be around much today, working at my favorite bookstore downtown, tommorrow too!...I really like it...it's great being in a bookstore all day....very inspiring...
I sure look forward to seeing more of you around here!
Cheers dearie
Hest

ellipsis

lr and hest

Post by ellipsis » September 21st, 2004, 12:53 pm

trailerpark? i'll donate some pictures of pickup trucks with window unit air conditioners and such for that. by "nonsensical" i mean: am i allowed to talk about the bowls of where i dreamed about when i ate the monkey that never existed? eh?

and hest! i'd love to come to asstoria. i want to see seattle and vancouver as well. i just live a dramatic life without much hope for order, is all. i had even gotten a week off for a summer trip, but... father's deployment to kuwait... school... decisions to move out of montgomery to attend a different school, if all works out... finances... eek! and hey, if the room isn't there by the time i <i>finally</i> make it, i can always sleep in a raft in a driveway. :lol:

job at a bookstore? i'm jealous. i'm still pushing numbers. i guess i ask for it, though, being a newly-decided math major, and all. :? i've always wanted to work in a library, but in alabama, we don't have many, and those are all stocked up with illiterate foo's. i've tested them. i know.

good to see all o' ya. any good action poeming going on?

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 21st, 2004, 2:36 pm

hey girl! great to see you here... good to read you survived the storms and of your other adventures....

the Go! forum is for spontaneous writing if you're interested and we're going to do a Poetry Jam soon.... week from today..

hope to see you more often :)

Return to “General Discussion”