Obama's post on FB about jobs

What in the world is going on?
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Obama's post on FB about jobs

Post by Doreen Peri » May 6th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Obama posted today on Facebook, stating how much the jobs have increased and therefore the economy has improved. I replied to his post. Here's what I said:

Do you have a job for me? I have 18 years experience as a graphic designer and copywriter and have sent out over 55 resumes and links to my online portfolio but only got one call and all they needed was a short-term part-time contract person which would have barely paid as much as my unemployment. I need full-time work with benefits. I can't afford to pay for my own health insurance. I'm 57 years old. Nobody seems to want to hire me. Why is that? Maybe you have a job for me. I have lots of GREAT ideas about peace and alternative energy sources and not only that, I'm terrific at marketing and could promote the POSITIVE rather than the negative. I sure could use a job. I'm responsible, experienced, skilled and resourceful plus I'm well equipped in my home office to do all the work necessary to promote programs to create jobs, harness alternative energy sources, and focus on creating peace instead of war. I have many skills in branding and marketing as well as design and production of print and web marketing materials. Plus, as I said, I'm a writer. Unemployment isn't fun. This is the first time in my life I've been unemployed and I may have to sell my house. Please let me know if you'd like me to send you my resume and link to my online portfolio. Thank you.

still.trucking

Re: Obama's post on FB about jobs

Post by still.trucking » May 7th, 2011, 4:11 am

, I wish I could help.
I hope you find work soon.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 7th, 2011, 6:31 pm

great answer, doreen!... but I´m not sure at all if to have Obama in s-eight is a good idea... :roll: :lol:

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 7th, 2011, 9:23 pm

I hope you get a reply, Doreen. I think you should also send a email to John Boehner in Congress and also ask if he and his comrades has a job for you. Wasn't joblessness the primary complaint the Republican Congress had and were elected to do something about jobs for the American people? If I have heard correctly, since they (Republicans/Tea Partiers) have become the majority they have not passed one bill to favor the job market.

With those credentials, my friend, you should be very employable despite the radical changes our country is currently involved in.

Good luck to you...

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 8th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Barry is pretty busy taking his victory lap. I hope he gets back to you soon.

In the meantime Happy Mother's Day amiga

The Motherhood Manifesto
more than one party or the other
The Motherhood Manifesto: What America's Moms Want - and What To Do About It [Paperback]
http://www.amazon.com/Motherhood-Manife ... 1560258845

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”