What????

What in the world is going on?
Artguy

What????

Post by Artguy » November 17th, 2011, 11:04 am

http://news.sympatico.cbc.ca/world/obam ... e/51823e11
This insane...this is Dirty harry saying make my day...and China just might live up to the challenge...since when is a challenge to conflict a gesture of peace. Sorry to be so critical as you are all my neighbours but why isn't something being done to stop this pattern of American aggression. Please don't take offense, but I have a daughter that I would like to live in a world where we all reach out and embrace each other in peaceful cooperation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smEqnnklfYs
ya so the freedom of the American negro may seem a stretch in my argument..but Mr. King discusses brotherhood...and that crosses all human boundaries and I'm afraid America's latest aggression crosses human liberty.

zero_hero

Re: What????

Post by zero_hero » November 17th, 2011, 2:08 pm

You sound like you just discovered The American Ruling Class

Welcome to the monkey house. I have decided to move my metaphysical home to Bhutan.
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

mnaz

Post by mnaz » November 17th, 2011, 4:03 pm

WE WANT TO DOMINATE THE WORLD !! EVERY LAST DAMNED MARKET !!

MUAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ! .......

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND PASS THE AMMO ! ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS !

Artguy

Post by Artguy » November 17th, 2011, 4:33 pm

mnaz

Post by mnaz » November 17th, 2011, 11:26 pm

be as critical as you want. critical is exactly what is desperately needed.

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » November 18th, 2011, 11:33 pm

mnaz, I could not figure what artguy was saying about race. I don't know if I am being crital of Obama for giving his mother too much credit for the man he is today. I suppose I see him as a well meaning member of The American Ruling Class, but what do I really know about the Chinese Ruling Class which is the military I think.

I don't what the hell being critical does if we just write about it or talk about it. The occupation should be of the voting booth variety. The greedy members of our ruling class are quietly putting up all sorts of barriers to keep as many of the 99 percent voteless as they can.

Listen to the music in the mean time
that is what I am going to do about it I guess.
I wish we had lost the war with the British, we would have been Canada now, with a better system of government I guess.
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 18th, 2011, 11:44 pm

Artguy

Post by Artguy » November 20th, 2011, 12:36 pm

Hey ST...it really isn't a comment of racial tension..It was a statement regarding Dr. Kings message of brotherhood.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 22nd, 2011, 12:48 am

the old just keep on getting older
and the young must do the same

to the broken or the breaker
who's to bless and who's to blame

sorry kurt I don't know
I just live here
and wish we were all living like we were canadians

Martin Luther King Jr. He be dead, we killed him, Ghandi too,

and it's never getting better

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 25th, 2011, 1:58 am

Re: "But concerns over China may overshadow the president's meetings Friday and Saturday with leaders of smaller Asian nations increasingly alarmed over China's claims to maritime routes and rich oil reserves in the South China Sea."

This final paragraph on the article you linked pretty much sums up his stance. Politics looms over our world like a fully armed drone in the 21st Century, watchful of everyone and everything as trust has become rust, soiled and forgotten as yet another quaint relic of hu'manity's past. Only our future will know if this was a brilliant move on Obama's part or a move that weakened the security of the Far East.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » November 25th, 2011, 11:11 am

Oil the new addiction...pass the syringe...the next war to end all wars will be dominance of energy..." black gold, Texas tea..." (Jed Clampett the visionary???)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 25th, 2011, 12:00 pm

Oil is the drug of choice for Corporate Giants... Wall Street pays off handsomely to those who (can afford to) invest in it. Speaking of Wall Street... they are addicted to currency... the more the better, and the better lives they actually believe they are living having unlimited capital to erase any financial woes they may have. My own drug of choice is not even on the map... ;)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 25th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Where the heck have you been, I was waiting to see what you was going to say. Hard to express for me this feeling I have for the land of the free and the home of the brave that has been so kind to my family, this american empire that has treated its jews better than the british empire.

thinkiing how subtle the difference between the English speaking people, our ruling class is more open than the British maybe, here, even a mixed race kid from Hawaii can work his way into it. I wonder how one would work his way into the ruling class in China? Mostly through the military or what?

One thing I am sure of about Obama Cecil, he means well, his intentions are good. but what about the pavement on the road to hell

good to see you on a black friday, I was worried you might have been trampled at a mad rush for midnight bargains :wink:

interesting times
curse of the chinese I have heard
Last edited by stilltrucking on November 25th, 2011, 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 25th, 2011, 5:31 pm

Re: "One thing I am sure of about Obama Cecil, he means well, his intentions are good. but what about the pavement on the road to hell"

We're in agreement with Obama's intentions, amigo. I like to view his doings as tho he is several steps ahead of his opposition... so much so that it even baffles me at times and, as you know, I'm not in opposition to the man.

That old saying can be understood to actually mean, "those who act in good faith should be viewed suspiciously..." Don't take Obama in 'good faith' but rather in 'decent deeds' based on careful considerations and a thoughtful mind.

Of course, listen to his opposition and his critics and it's very easy to get dragged down to their levels. It is difficult at times to actually belief that Obama is indeed an honorable and honest man... even our Congressional leaders certainly cannot believe that simply because they are auction items sold to the highest bidder and may very well never even understand 'honor' and 'honesty'... a true shame for our country at this period in time. We are paying dearly for such sham artists that control our Congress.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 25th, 2011, 5:59 pm

I don't know Cecil. Hard for me to believe he could be a one term president.

I suppose I was thinking of un-intended consequences. The Chinese been at the game of Empire a lot longer than we barbarians have

sorry about the ramble Kurt
I guess I just don't associate Obama and King that much in my mind. I don't hardly ever think about his race. I probably should.

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”