What in the world is going on?
stilltrucking

"Someone has blundered"

Post by stilltrucking » March 1st, 2014, 1:48 pm

Into the valley of death rode Barrack Obama :P

stilltrucking

Re: "Someone has blundered"

Post by stilltrucking » March 2nd, 2014, 12:37 am

I can't believe the man is that stupid about European history. Oh wait, I forgot, those that remember the past are doomed to repeat it.
Times like these I wish Clay was still here.
I need Clay to give me a reality check.

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » March 3rd, 2014, 12:58 pm

makes me want to join the Lincoln Brigade
[youtube]fu21AAFSDhc#aid=P-7ck-V-k5g[/youtube]

as I remember the Ukraine had a lot of nuclear weapons which they surrendered to somebody when they became independent of the USSR.

So that is not an issue I suppose. I love when the great powers start rattling their sabres. That is what I loved about World War One. Just a slight miscalculation in the game of brinksmanship.
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 3rd, 2014, 10:19 pm

Obama has got to posture for the republicans, he don't want to be called soft on communism. McCain says it is all Obama's fault because the the world does not fear America anymore. Oh yes I still fear the United States.
Angela baby please help us.

A German government spokesman said during a separate phone conversation between Mrs Merkel and the Russian President on Sunday, Mr Putin had accepted the idea of setting up a contact group which had been proposed by the German Chancellor.

The spokesman said Mrs Merkel had used the conversation to reiterate her view that Mr Putin had violated international law through Russia’s “unacceptable” intervention in Crimea. Germany has pledged to do all it can to resolve the crisis through political dialogue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ality.html

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 4th, 2014, 1:48 pm

you mean, tennyson?

'Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldiers knew
Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die

and there you go. never question. never reason. just follow orders.
McCain says it is all Obama's fault because the the world does not fear America anymore
what is this, the global mafia or something? ....

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 4th, 2014, 2:08 pm

The worst argument I ever had with Clay was about Georgia. He said, "This cannot stand." Like it was up to us to do something about it.
I got so pissed at him I got the adrenalin shakes. I miss him in times like these. When I need an intelligent enemy.

>opinions I got so many
for what it is worth
I think when Putin is done in the Crimea he ought to invade Grenada next. Got to protect the Russian med student there.

Putin says the fascists have taken over in Kiev. Merkel says Putin has lost touch with reality. I guess she ought to know plenty about fascists.

Crimea was part of Russia a long time what is it got to do with North America, sounds like a European problem. I am sick of being a citizen of the nation that is the leader of the free world. Lets lead from behind for a while. Merkel a lot more savvy about European politics than the boobs in the state department like "I can kill them better Kerry" miss e_dog too,

Germany needs the gas we don't let them deal with it. This is all about posturing for the chicken hawks in the Republican party. McCain has lost touch with reality as much as Putin!

thanks for taking the time to read my blurt, sometimes the world gets so interesting I can't take it no more without a little help from a cyber pal
FDR was right, we have nothing to fear except The United States of America

sorry I was editing this while you were replying

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 4th, 2014, 2:26 pm

ah, but we have no choice but to saber-rattle. and leave open the option of taking strong measures !!

putin is "the next hitler" ( ! ) even the canadian leader said so ...

it's a damn good thing we invaded iraq and stopped the last would-be hitler dead in his tracks ...

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 4th, 2014, 2:33 pm

Oh yes, you are so right. We had no choice. We got to make sure we are on the right side of history. Bush had no choice had to something about 9/11

I heard McCain blame Obama for the recent events in Fallujah. McCain saying 96 United States Marines lost their lives to make Fallujah safe for democracy and now Obama has lost it.

You too young to remember the hot debate in the 1950's about "Who lost China?"

As if it was ours to lose.

It always cheers me up when someone reminds me that Hitler is dead.
I laugh bitter tears
there must be a poem in this somewhere :?:
all I got is the blues
if the ocean was whiskey I would dive. . .

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 5th, 2014, 11:58 am

I am done with this thread, I have nothing more to say about the politics of the United States, I have seen it so many times before, it never ends well, we stumble on to the next crisis, the next war.
I think about Henry Miller living the good life and I try to do the same no matter what.

What would Henry Miller say :?: if he watched this crisis unfold? Watched the political posturing in Washington D.C.
The artist is the opposite of the politically-minded individual, the opposite of the reformer, the opposite of the idealist. The artist does not tinker with the universe; he recreates it out of his own experience and understanding of life. (Henry Miller)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 6th, 2014, 3:02 pm

i see this situation as another way for the GOP to belittle their President and show the world how lousy a politician he is. While on the other hand, that same GOP (Tea-heads and conservatives included), have absolutely nothing to put on their own table other than the continual dissing that has gotten so stale over 5 years of ridicule with no alternative suggestions.

i believe we all are weary, if not sick, of a government that is the most ineffective group of people in our lifetime, who bought their way into Congress because of their personal wealth to do ... outspending opponents as if wealth was a measure of wisdom.

I fear this country, which we all grew up in, is not and never will be the sort of country we either grew up with or envisioned in our futures. Politicians and the money interests they vote for will NEVER admit it, but America is no longer a democracy, (of the people, by the people, for the people), but an Oligarchy, a word that 98% of the country has never heard and really doesn't care.
Last edited by mtmynd on March 6th, 2014, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silent woman

Post by silent woman » March 6th, 2014, 5:19 pm

For the GOP to belittle their President and show the world how lousy a politician he is.
ten four, how the hell does that help anything sounds not very helpful to me.
I caught a sound byte by former DOD sec Gates, he was scared for us too, he made a point of whatever happened to politics stopped at the water's edge.

Makes me miss the old H.U.A.C.
a lot of unamerican politicking goin on in DC if you ask me
right up front in 2009 the leadership of the GOP saying it was going to do everything in their power to make the united states fail. You know they have to destroy the country to save it.

Thank god I live in Texas were our politics are so rational :wink:
Attachments
stranglehold.jpg
If you can't give me love and peace, Then give me bitter fame. — Akhmatova.

Free Rice

avatar courtesy of Baron de Hirsch

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 9th, 2014, 8:56 am

carlson.PNG

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 9th, 2014, 4:38 pm

stilltrucking wrote:carlson
excellent eye!

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » March 11th, 2014, 11:15 pm

ten four
it's one of those thousand word pictures
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 14th, 2014, 1:08 pm

Check out my take on the Crimea, See link, in my Column, "Life in the Horse Lane". 8)
http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=26762

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”