if it wasn't for ambiguity or The Critic

What in the world is going on?
sweetwater

if it wasn't for ambiguity or The Critic

Post by sweetwater » February 2nd, 2015, 12:54 pm

In his critique “Death of the Author” Barthes, describing Balzac describing “Sarrasine” [...] Barthes, asks “who is speaking thus?” Balzac no longer philosophical due to metaphysical peculiarities and unable to defend his literary image, whether to admire or to refute the theoretical suppositions of occupational discomfort, might suggest, “Is it the hero of the critique bent on remaining ignorant of the Existentialist hidden beneath the man? Is it Barthes, the individual, furnished by his own personal experience with a philosophy of Existential Theology? Is it Barthes, the critic professing literary ideas of tyranny and death? Is it the Existential contradiction of an absolute in the absence of it? Is it the Copenhagen Interpretation?
We might for good reason, understand the arbitrariness of Semioticians
validating an Author or Critic who might be suffering in the interpretation and representation of a symbol language construct such as language or film, if it wasn’t for ambiguity.

justwalt
Location: location infers reality... reality is still a theory

Re: if it wasn't for ambiguity or The Critic

Post by justwalt » February 2nd, 2015, 3:02 pm

:!:
many is a word

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 3rd, 2015, 10:34 pm

sweetwater, I don't know who wrote this, but I put quotation code around it. Please put quotation code around all article excerpts you post as well as link to the source of the material and credit the author. Thank you! You need to do this to protect yourself from copyright infringement.

Terri

Post by Terri » February 4th, 2015, 12:31 am

I'm wavering on the edge of understanding this, but not quite there. As it is, I can only give my compliments to phrases like "metaphysical peculiarities" and "suppositions of occupational discomfort."

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 10th, 2015, 1:25 am

The author and the source of this material is still not credited, despite my request a week ago. You are not answering your private messages so I am posting this in public.

Without proper attribution to the author as well as a link to the source of the writing, posts without credit to the author and links to the source will be deleted.

Thanks. Studio8 will not be held responsible for copyright infringement.

It's your responsibility to be aware of and to respect copyright laws.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 10th, 2015, 11:21 am

Not sure but I think he is just riffing on Barthes thoughts on Balzac's The Death of The Author Kind of his take on it and in his own words.

See also:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 4276,d.eXY

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”