TRANSLATION OF COMPLETE BIN LADEN SPEECH

What in the world is going on?
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 4th, 2004, 1:18 am

Brilliant writing, Cat! Very well said.

Your articulation astounds me. I wish I had such a command of the language. You are a born columnist.

One question...

I really don't understand... I'm naiive in many respects to history and political situations... and this, I don't get

Could you explain?

Why do you say this?
Getting out of the Middle East completely and just leaving them alone would be homicide to Israel and maybe even suicide for us.
How so?

What do you think would happen if the US got out of the middle east?

How does this reflect on Israel?

What about the Palestinians?

What did you mean about "abandoning Israel?"

I am truly trying to learn but I feel like a mushroom. I'm in the dark

abcrystcats

Post by abcrystcats » November 4th, 2004, 2:51 am

No, you're not.

I really have no idea whether Israel is capable of defending itself at this point without U.S. interference or not. It may be capable of doing that without our support.

That is an argument up for grabs.

But I still maintain the United States, like any sovereign nation,has the prerogative of choosing its own allies, without the judgement of a terrorist.

I don' t know what would happen to Israel without our support, but why would we take the chance, just because Osama advised us? It seems foolish ...obeying the robber to avoid robbery.

As for Palestine, that is another question. I think that the people who live in that land are impoverished and deprived. I don't think that is just because of the location of Israel. I think the land itself has something to do with it. Perhaps the solution is not to make war on Israel, causing the loss of thousands of lives on either side. Perhaps the solution is removing those people from that place. If so, the Muslims in a body have the power to do that. The money is available and the people of that land are few. Why provide money for arms and war when you can provide money for peace and plenty? I have asked that question of several Muslims, and I haven't gotten a straight answer yet.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 4th, 2004, 9:22 am

cat - i don't want to leave this discussion with the impression that i somehow embrace every word of osama's speech... i do not.

in this day and age of instant information i have wondered often why i have not heard from the voice of the mid east arabs regarding what is happening in their lands. all the info i am getting is from one side or another of primarily american-european viewpoints whether they be pro or con.... the arab opinions seem far and few in between. osama happened to be one that was overly promoted for all to see/read even tho it is probably not the common thought of most middle easterns.

i prefer to keep all doors open before they become so closed that the mere thought of keeping these doors open paralyze me with fear. keeping them open does not cause anything but the one 'air' and one 'sun' to come thru my mind, albeit whatever it is that we hear or read, despite the multitude of opinions, are just that - opinions.

i was recently reminded that it is not to be a good citizen of a country but a good citizen for truth, justice and compassion.

cecil

abcrystcats

Post by abcrystcats » November 4th, 2004, 12:12 pm

"in this day and age of instant information i have wondered often why i have not heard from the voice of the mid east arabs regarding what is happening in their land"

That is a really good point. Perhaps their comments are being suppressed for some reason. I will try to see if I can find some of therir comments on the internet.

Just as you do not want to leave me with the impression that you embrace every word of Osama's speech, I do not want to leave you with the impression that I am against every word -- or that I think the full translation of his speech is useless. I simply think that when reading it we should not forget, for a second, who and what he is. And he is certainly NOT a political figure, a spokesman for the Arab world, or an editorial columnist -- he is an international criminal -- that's IT. The only power he has is self-appointed -- and whatever we give him voluntarily by buying into his agenda and treating him as if he has rights in this matter.

I become very alarmed when I see people giving him too much credit, or hinting that he ought to have his turn at the negotiating table. That's all.

" was recently reminded that it is not to be a good citizen of a country but a good citizen for truth, justice and compassion."

Very true, Cecil, and I wish Osama Bin Laden would have taken this to heart before 9-11. If he had, many lives would have been saved, in many countries.

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » November 7th, 2004, 4:17 pm

I'm hoping the blue states sucede from the union, and that democrats located in the red states will move accordingly.
We've got to unite the blues, and initiate this action.
We've got to.
It's pretty obvious to me that Bush has pulled out the American religious to fight the religions of the middle east. I could just see him and his cronies thinking this was a grand idea. Christians will die doing his dirty work....in the name of his following what "God" is telling him George Bush the president, to do.
Yeah.
Perhaps our "christian king" feels it's the army he needs, he's seen now how vigilant the middle east religious are, perhaps he thinks that's the army he needs to continue his crusade for oil, uh, I mean "God, Freedom, and Democracy". With God on his side, he can carry out his war of christian tyranny and win the the blood of his Christian god...oil. Then, he can preside over da whole woild!
yuk. This makes me want to puke. It's idiotic.

Why do I/we have to go down in this war? I don't believe in it at all. It saddens and depresses me to no end. I have no problem with whatever religion anyone believes....(even though, most christians hate me and my pagan beliefs)...I still say, hey, whatever dudes, believe what you want man....Everybody eats and nobody hits.....man, like, it's a no brainer.......Look into the eyes of hate, and reflect love to them eh?
Can't we do that? Or is that just too damn simple?
We really have to stand together and say no to this administration! But I can't do it alone.
Nor can you.
In fact here's a question. How can we stay out of it? Is there a way? Another way? Rather than sucede? What will happen if we don't?!!!!
Specially when the gloating re-elect is marveling, and threatening I think, that he intends to use his "newly earned capital"?
Gulp. yikes! ugh.
doesn't this alarm you?
It freaks me out!
Think about it!
Is the thought that it's either Sucede or suicide really that far off?
Save yourself and your right to your beliefs!
Save us!
H
PS, thank you Zlatko, for posting this....

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » November 7th, 2004, 5:12 pm

It's pretty difficult, Hester:

To secede from the union when, increasingly, the doings of DUBCO involve the whole planet.

Kofi Annan is being ignored again as Fallujah prepares to be leveled.

I have little doubt that each "rebellious" city in Iraq will receive a similar fate. And leveling mosques is not out after this election:

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_pag ... 02,00.html

The idea, no doubt, is that of any terrorist: frighten the opposition ( i.e. "Iraqi Insurgents") with a strong example of the price to be paid for disobedience.

Perhaps the most frightening thing about the "New Regime" in the US is that it is convinced it has nothing to learn.

--Zlatko

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » November 8th, 2004, 9:21 pm

Indeed Zlatko, you hit the nail on the head.
They don't think they've anything to learn at all.
That is very scary.
sigh,
H

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”