Been a while - did NaNoWriMo

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
footballbutterfly

Been a while - did NaNoWriMo

Post by footballbutterfly » December 1st, 2011, 12:46 am

It has been a while, I know but I spent the last 26 days writing a novel (50,253 words) for NaNoWriMo and finished today 8) Super proud and I had to share it with you all!
Footballbutterfly

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: Been a while - did NaNoWriMo

Post by Doreen Peri » December 1st, 2011, 12:25 pm

Congrats! That's fabulous! I keep telling myself I'm going to participate, then never do it. That's inspiring!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » December 30th, 2011, 5:05 pm

Can we read it?

footballbutterfly

Post by footballbutterfly » December 31st, 2011, 12:43 am

Sure can, it is is available on amazon for the kindle - Light My Fire/Emerald Seer II.

http://www.amazon.com/Light-Fire-Emeral ... 32&sr=1-14

Here is the intro:
1503 – Lucian
The witch lied. Damn her. Lucian vowed to pay her back tenfold if it was the last thing he ever did. Six months with the beast and the fire still burned through every inch of his being. The spirit remained angry and thrashed against him with enough force to make him wretch up whatever food he managed to choke down. Ryder seemed to be paying much closer attention to him. Worry creased his friend’s brow more often than not these days, and it certainly was not about the new recruits. The Scots, Kell and Pollux always eyed Lucian warily but they learned quickly to leave him be. They both took to Ryder quickly, in spite of his brooding nature, and Lucian knew he could leave them soon enough. Maybe. If Ryder would stop watching him so damn closely.
Lucian remained resolved to tame the beast, and then take his vengeance on the witch with all the power of the Phoenix behind him. Anger writhed inside him, fury and fire warring for an upper hand. He refused to use its real name as punishment. The more Lucian tried to reason with it, the angrier it grew and the more it burned so he took to other methods. As strongest of the Immortals Lucian was the natural choice to cage the Phoenix and the witch promised it would submit to him in a few days. It was supposed to dwindle to a flicker. It was supposed to be easy for him after a short while. He should have known better. They all should have.
Footballbutterfly

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”