Artlogs and Columnists are now in Member Forums

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Artlogs and Columnists are now in Member Forums

Post by Doreen Peri » August 27th, 2010, 8:12 pm

I haven't had time to write up info about all of the new features we have because honestly, I haven't discovered all of them yet. One of the new features is that now you can upload photos straight to the site. But I'll try to find the time to put together a list of new features and post that later.

But first let me say a word about the new navigation. I'm excited about this new software upgrade especially because the navigation will be much easier. No more scrolling down the page to find the forums you're looking for. We have MANY forums and now they are organized much better... easier to navigate, simpler, cleaner and much more functional.

WHERE ARE THE ARTLOGS AND COLUMNISTS?

The Artlogs and Columnists now have their own pages. They are in the Member Forums category right underneath the Discussion category.

FURTHER NOTES ABOUT NAVIGATIONAL CHANGES

• All of the past Word Jams have also been organized in the Jam Session forum which is where it's always been.

• All the forums are pretty much where they've always been, except for now we have sub-forums, the ability to create a second page for the forums so the site isn't too cumbersome to navigate or view.

• Some of the less active forums have been combined together

I really think you're going to like the new simpler, easier navigation and organization of the forums.

Thanks for being here!

testuser

Re: Artlogs and Columnists are now in Member Forums

Post by testuser » August 27th, 2010, 8:31 pm

I can't find anything. I'm still looking. Are we really here? Is this some kind of test or something? Did I pass or fail? What day is it? Who am I?

Ohhh.... I see! It's all here! Everything is here!

All I need to do is click on Columnists and I see all the columnists like mtmynd and Lightning Rod and Steve Plonk and roxybeast?

And then right under Columnists is the Artlogs & Studios where they used to be? I can see judih's forum and mingo's? Yes! There there are! And I can see SadLuckDame's artlog? Yep.

Whew!
:D 8) :|

This is a test. This is only a test. If it were your real life, you'd die at the end of it.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 27th, 2010, 9:28 pm

I found everything and all looks beautiful, you're quite the artist Doreen waving a magic wand and we sparkle, lovely and thank you.

Wanted to post here as you'd suggested about the number of allowed messages to keep stored, no rush on that or anything, had only thought of it because I needed to delete in order to accept was what brought it to mind.

Thanks much for much
xoxo
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 27th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Thank you, Dame! I'm happy you like it! That's all it took! A wave of a magic wand. :? :D

(Fingers crossed it doesn't break.. *smile*... if you get any error messages let me know. If something doesn't work that you think should be working let me know.)

I reset the settings for private messages. The default was 20 messages to store. I upped it to 50. You can also make folders now ... as many as 5... to organize your private messages.

I hope that helps!

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 27th, 2010, 9:57 pm

LOL! Thank you, girlie. You're a pro at this
and quick as a whip. Looks good to me.
Sweetest dreams.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”