Dalton Trumbo's Masturbatory Epistle to His Son

Creative complaints & humor.
myrna minkoff

Dalton Trumbo's Masturbatory Epistle to His Son

Post by myrna minkoff » September 4th, 2009, 7:30 am

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDZMXZciaVM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDZMXZciaVM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Barry

Post by Barry » September 5th, 2009, 2:49 pm

I was laughing like crazy watching this the other night on PBS. A "masturbator's masturbator." Freaking hilarious. And more, a righteously responsible thing for a man to do for his son. As a mastubator's mastubator myself, someone who has "carried the ball down the field," I can totally relate. Great post, uhm...Myrna.

Peace,
Barry

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 5th, 2009, 4:51 pm

A Confederacy of Dunces

John Kennedy Toole's comic masterpiece is available in a large print edition. Toole's lunatic and sage novel introduces one of the most memorable characters in American literature, Ignatius Reilly, whom Walker Percy dubs "slob extraordinaire, a mad Oliver Hardy, a fat Don Quixote, a perverse Thomas Aquinas rolled into one."
John Kennedy Toole wrote my life.

This bit just broke my heart.

"He stared gratefully at the back of Myrna's head at the pigtail that swung innocently at his knee. Gratefully. How ironic, Ignatius thought. Taking the pigtail in one of his paws, he pressed it warmly to his wet moustache."

Return to “Rant, Rage & Laugh”