Hand me that Gas Tank

Creative complaints & humor.
Sober Duck

Hand me that Gas Tank

Post by Sober Duck » January 16th, 2005, 1:18 pm

Hand me that gas tank
by
Richard Moylan Jr.
As I cautiously turned the corner as I often did with my antique 39 Chevy I heard a crash and a loud scraping noise. Knowing I did not hit anything I looked in my mirror to see what hit me. As I looked into my mirror I could not believe my eyes as I watched my half full gas tank slide across the pavement slamming into the curb. I barely made it to the parking lot of a corner gas station before the car cut off. Lucky for me I thought, until the gas station attendant came over and said “you can’t park here. “ I could not believe my ears! There I was standing on a corner, had my gas tank by its fill hose dragging it toward my disabled car and this man says “you can’t park here.” DA! As I prepared to re-attach my tank four attendants came over and pushed my car back into traffic and off their lot. While sarcastically saluting the attendants I hollered “thanks a lot, why don’t you kick a man while he’s down!” I managed to get a rolling start and rolled up into a restaurant parking lot. There I was greeted in the same manor as the attendants had greeted me. “You can’t park here!” The joys of visiting Virginia Beach where parking is a valuable commodity. Finally after begging for fifteen minutes of valuable parking space I began to re-attach my tank, not an easy task with half a tank of gas. As I slid my tank under my car, two black gentleman obviously tourists and had seen the whole ordeal came up to me laughing and asked, “hey man , is you on Candid Camera?”
True Story

Return to “Rant, Rage & Laugh”