Dead Eye Sarah

Creative complaints & humor.
stilltrucking

Dead Eye Sarah

Post by stilltrucking » January 9th, 2011, 7:56 am

Ms. Giffords was also among a group of Democratic House candidates featured on the Web site of Sarah Palin’s political action committee with cross hairs over their districts, a fact that disturbed Ms. Giffords at the time.

“We’re on Sarah Palin’s targeted list,” Ms. Giffords said last March. “But the thing is the way that she has it depicted has the cross hairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they’ve got to realize there’s consequences to that.”

The image is no longer on the Web site, and Ms. Palin posted a statement saying “my sincere condolences are offered to the family of Representative Gabrielle Giffords and the other victims of today’s tragic shooting in Arizona. On behalf of Todd and my family, we all pray for the victims and their families, and for peace and justice.” (Late Saturday, the map was still on Ms. Palin’s Facebook page.)
NYTIMESDOTCOM
Attachments
PalinRifleMap.png

gypsyjoker

Re: Dead Eye Sarah

Post by gypsyjoker » January 12th, 2011, 9:46 am

no they are not gun sights
they are surveyors marks.

What does it matter
who is to bless
who to blame
yakety yak
news and entertainment

nine years old born on September 11, 2001
Must have been a Wenesday
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 13th, 2011, 4:04 pm

crazy... irresponsible idiots... palin and her crew incited this violence.

frankly, i'm surprised it hasn't happened yet to president obama (happily surprised) because of her verbiage during the campaign which also was intended to incite violence against him.

this is appalling. she should be imprisoned.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » January 13th, 2011, 5:16 pm

I am interested in crazy, ever since I was a kid. Strange worlds with in the skulls of homo sapiens. Crazy smart, he was fighting the good fight against a government plot to control people through grammer.

A hell of a picture of him supposedly taken from his post arrest jail pictures. The original background was green but the tabloids Photoshopped it to black.
He developed an illogical fascination with logic. Math, grammar, logic - the systems civilization has developed to make sense of the world became the means through which he expressed the confusion and pain in his increasingly lost mind.
NYTIMESDOTCOM
Attachments
ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 13 00.13.gif
ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 13 00.13.gif (76.96 KiB) Viewed 935 times
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 14th, 2011, 2:31 am

What a world we live in.
Attachments
ScreenHunter_06 Jan. 14 00.26.gif

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » January 15th, 2011, 6:56 am

Believing in violence
» Mark Rudd | A founder of the Weather Underground on the Tucson shooting.

cut and paste

The shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Judge John Roll, Christina Taylor Green and the other victims in that Tucson parking lot was not a means to anything. It was an end in itself. The gunman's goal was undoubtedly existential - an individual committing a horrific act for its own sake.

I doubt that Loughner, sitting in a Tucson jail, gives these matters much thought. I doubt that he cares much about who won the 2010 midterms or who will win the presidency in 2012. I doubt that a man who seems so confused and desperate cares much about ideology. Sarah Palin and her cross-hairs map deserve nothing but ignominy, but the suspect probably didn't worry that liberals would blame conservatives for the shooting or that conservatives would take umbrage at every media accusation. If he's a political actor, he probably doesn't know it.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews[/quote]
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 7th, 2011, 10:02 am

Deliberative Dialogue

Flash Forum in Response to the Arizona Shootings held by the Center for Democratic Deliberation on January 21 at Penn State. The panelists are listening to a student accuse them of being irrational left wing ideologues who are attempting to blame right wing rhetoric for the shootings

..., the most interesting and important dimension of the exchange was this: whatever validity this student had in accusing the panel of a left leaning bias was lost by the agonistic manner in which he presented his position. His rhetoric was designed to shame and dominate rather than to question and deliberate. The panel did a nice job of undermining this rhetorical strategy. But the performance of a kind of political speech that erodes the possibility of common understanding served as a very powerful object lesson about how we talk to one another politically.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/cpl2/blogs/ ... Road/blog/

thumos
Sometimes deliberation depends less on what we say than it does on how we say it

Return to “Rant, Rage & Laugh”