History is a solution...

Creative complaints & humor.
Atehequa

Re: History is a solution...

Post by Atehequa » December 8th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Steve Plonk wrote:Atehequa, Sorry you really misunderstood that one. :( "Sovereign Citizens" are white people or secessionists who refuse to pay their taxes & claim autonomy from any law of the land.
They try to set up their own courts with militias & are wingnuts which are on the government watch list. :roll:

I absolutely did NOT mean NGOs, nor NDNs & legitimate organizations recognized by the USA or the United Nations.
Atehequa said...Like the sovereign nations of NDNs ? Are you going to have us rounded up and removed from our homes or reservations and put in prison ?

To repeat, Absolutely not!

Amerindians, as you know, have a special status if they reside on the reservations, etc.
I guess you are unfamiliar with that nuance of the term "sovereign citizen". These people
I'm talking about even make counterfeit currency... :roll: I certainly was not trying to
offend. I am quite aware of Amerindian autonomy, etc.

Amerindians are citizens & patriots in our country & in their own sacred places.
I respect our mutual heritage...

I wish you'd wouldn't "rub my nose" in the years 1491-2. Columbus is not my favorite explorer either.
Not the motherland, but the mother's land. I do not think she cares all that much for what some people call democracy.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » December 9th, 2012, 12:00 pm

I agree that G-d is above politics & religion. G-d doesn't choose factions nor governments.
But we as a people have chosen & we need to respect each other. We don't normally need
instructions on this. We must peacefully co-exist as much as possible.

Democracy is a grand experiment which was chosen by the few to help the many.
We've perpetuated the experiment, developed by the Greeks, & it has spread to many
other places. Democracy has evolved through the years to what it is today. Not perfect,
but a work in progress... Because we are just folks...

A person's home is close to his/her heart. We hold this dear. That is what this country is
to me...Our homeland. 8) :) Together, we own a collective history & a vibrant one…

Atehequa

Post by Atehequa » December 11th, 2012, 6:29 am

Didn't those ancient Greeks who developed democracy condoned slavery ? Just like America's founding fathers.

In democracies it is always the smallest ruling elite minority usually calling the shots.

Democracy, it appears to be a nice word

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » December 11th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Atehequa, old buddy, you're getting democracy mixed up with oligarchy.
In an oligarchy, the few rule the many. Read these quotes & rejoice.

It isn't the frontier days anymore. You've been watching too many Clint Eastwood movies.
Obama, a mulatto man, is president & things are gradually getting better in the US of A.
See below & Season's Greetings! I'm so GLAD we live in a democracy...
From Wikipedia site:
While there is no universally accepted definition of "democracy,"[5] equality and freedom have both been identified as important characteristics of democracy since ancient times.[6] These principles are reflected in all all citizens being equal before the law and having equal access to legislative processes. For example, in a representative democracy, every vote has equal weight, no unreasonable restrictions can apply to anyone seeking to become a representative, and the freedom of its all citizens is secured by legitimized rights and liberties which are generally protected by a constitution.[7][8]

One theory holds that democracy requires three fundamental principles: 1) upward control, i.e. sovereignty residing at the lowest levels of authority, 2) political equality, and 3) social norms by which individuals and institutions only consider acceptable acts that reflect the first two principles of upward control and political equality.[9]

Here's the definition of democracy from Merriam-Webster:
a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
: a political unit that has a democratic government

Atehequa

Post by Atehequa » December 12th, 2012, 6:22 am

Steve Plonk wrote:
You've been watching too many Clint Eastwood movies.
[/quote]

Have I ?

Let's not jump head first into assumptions, Steve. That would be like me saying you see Obama as some kind of messiah-like figure or at least drool all over the thought of this president like some 13 year old school girl does when she sees a picture of Justin Bieber.

To me Obama is just another puppet of an imperialistic nation regardless of his ethnicity or political party.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » December 12th, 2012, 7:50 am

Atehequa, there you go again with that "chip on your shoulder". Imperialism, eh?!
So, we are like the Chinese, now? State Imperialism? Fooey, as they say in China!
Get real... :lol: Talking about assumptions...Hoo Hah!

Atehequa

Post by Atehequa » December 12th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Steve Plonk wrote:Atehequa, there you go again with that "chip on your shoulder". Imperialism, eh?!
So, we are like the Chinese, now? State Imperialism? Fooey, as they say in China!
Get real... :lol: Talking about assumptions...Hoo Hah!
Then what would you call a nation that employs the services of mercenary, goon-like operations such as Blackwater/Academi /Xe Services LLC ?

What do you call a government that fabricates reasons in order to invade and dominate another nation just because of it's abundant oil supply ?

Bush then Obama and the thinking people who can see a good cop-bad cop game for what it is.

Who's minding all that Iraqi oil during this administration ? Are Eric Price's boys guarding those refineries now ? Simple conclusions, the kind that MSNBC , CNN or even those rabid critters over at FOX never seem to even lightly touch upon.

Chip on my shoulder ? I've carried firewood that way before and will probably continue in the future, but it is my basic human right which prompts me to offer such responses just as it is yours to attempt labeling people who give opinion you happen to disagree with.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » December 13th, 2012, 1:27 pm

Atehequa, Right back on you...We'll just have to agree to disagree...

In your so called shell game, Obama is the good cop. As for Blackwater, et al, hey, its
nothing new. Back in the old days, the Secret Service contracted Wells Fargo to guard
treasury shipments. A large country has to look after its interests one way or another.
I would prefer that the service personnel control our food, drinks, & K. P. & water...
But that's just me...The service has contracted that out since at least 1968.

I think you are some kind of conspiracy buff, & I respect some of that. But, many of your
opinions are "over the top'". So let's take it down a notch. I will try that also... :lol:

It's good to keep an eye on developments & I think we may agree on that... :wink:

Atehequa

Post by Atehequa » December 13th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Steve Plonk wrote:Atehequa, Right back on you...We'll just have to agree to disagree...

In your so called shell game, Obama is the good cop. As for Blackwater, et al, hey, its
nothing new. Back in the old days, the Secret Service contracted Wells Fargo to guard
treasury shipments. A large country has to look after its interests one way or another.
I would prefer that the service personnel control our food, drinks, & K. P. & water...
But that's just me...The service has contracted that out since at least 1968.

I think you are some kind of conspiracy buff, & I respect some of that. But, many of your
opinions are "over the top'". So let's take it down a notch. I will try that also... :lol:

It's good to keep an eye on developments & I think we may agree on that... :wink:
For you, along with Donny Democrat and Ricky Republican it's more of a winning team thing, isn't it ? Each side probably voting for the devil if he were the candidate for either side as long as their team wins.

Conspiracy buff ? No Steve,

I'll leave

conspiracies for those moonbat libertarians. I am of the first nations who felt the sting of American imperialism before anyone else and have come to know it for what it truly is, an old stick with far too many notches.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » December 14th, 2012, 5:52 pm

Atehequa said:
"I am of the first nations who felt the sting of American imperialism before anyone else and have come to know it for what it truly is, an old stick with far too many notches."
a) Are you a member of the "Iroquois Confederacy" group of tribes, or b) are you a Canadian born Amerindian residing in the USA, or c) a member of a tribe native to early Virginia? :?

Inquiring minds want to know..."First Nations" is an ambiguous term to me...According to my source, It usually means a Canadian born Amerindian residing in the USA. Just curious...

I don't appreciate you trying to "pigeon hole" me either...How does it feel on the other foot?
Why are you fearful to vote? It is one of our democratic rights & people have died for it.
Plenty of people, including myself, have voted for third party candidates...
Are you undocumented or a convicted felon? :? :(

Voting is boss. You can't beat it with a stick. :D

Atehequa

Post by Atehequa » December 14th, 2012, 9:33 pm

No Steve, I am not of the Haudenosaunee and have never been to Canada.

My mother was Shawano and my father was Shawano, Catawba and a little Irish. They were not born in Virginia, but I was.

The Shawnee have always been a people on the move and once lived in the Shenandoah Valley after driving the Haudenosaunee out.

justwalt
Location: location infers reality... reality is still a theory

Post by justwalt » December 15th, 2012, 10:13 pm

america was created by the genocide of those who have occupied
the continent for centuries prior... (and it really hasn't stopped)... cool start, right?

and since then, has officially declared war only five time, the last being in 1942.

and since then, has been playing war at least 125 times around the
globe attacking or aiding in attacking other countries, for what?

to make a buck, nothing more.

and Iran hasn't attacked another country for 300 years.

america orchestrated the Iraq-Kuwaiti attack, and then took later Iraq.

Iran sits next on the list, they're sitting on the third largest oil reserve, and good ol' uncle Sam wants control of it.

but, any country that is born out of murder and corruption, shall also perish by the same means.

that is history

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » December 16th, 2012, 12:06 am

JustWalt, :lol: Just another shill for Iran... Beware a Persian bringing gifts.

Are you trying to get on a watch list? Think carefully, if we had wanted to attack Iran, we would already have done it. No, we don't need Iran's oil. What, in oil sands, gave you that idea? We just need Iran to keep the Strait of Hormuz open. :roll: :P Bye, now, my lad.
Go back to your hiding hole & troll somewhere else. Get real...Stop hallucinating... :mrgreen:

justwalt
Location: location infers reality... reality is still a theory

Post by justwalt » December 16th, 2012, 1:41 am

your knowledge of history is typical

your allegiance to a lie is predictable

your barking resembles a sheep

and... we, the people, didn't write the constitution

shalom

as for trolling, what was the name of this sub-forum ?

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » December 16th, 2012, 11:05 am

JustWalt, Duly noted...Don't forget Herstory...Truths &/or lies, exaggerations...? Gee, my lad, what else is new? Isn't History just yarns written by the victors?
We, ourselves, are just little footnotes in His/Herstory. The world will little note our passing... :lol:

I'm taking a break, on this thread, from posting...The silly season is upon us:
"It's the chorus for lavoris, play the pipe & join the chorus
Now we sing in cacaphonus measure, to chase away the stormy weather!..."
Bleat Bleat Bleat! I continue to bark, but not like a sheep--more like a goat in the park... :mrgreen:

Return to “Rant, Rage & Laugh”