Today I am annoyed!!!

Creative complaints & humor.
sooZen

Today I am annoyed!!!

Post by sooZen » February 10th, 2005, 7:52 am

Funny thing, I woke up this morning feeling, well, feeling annoyed. There is no rational reason for this, it just is. So I go to read my daily horoscope on astro.com and here is what I got:

"Irritability **
This is a very energetic time for you, when you can assert yourself effectively and accomplish a great deal of work. The problem is that you will be tested all along the line and forced to demonstrate the validity of what you are doing. You may be challenged either by circumstances or by other persons. Your success depends largely upon how well you express yourself in a situation. Being quite unwilling to back down on any issue, you are not moved to make compromises with others. But that is precisely what you should do, especially if you can manage to compromise without giving ground on essential points. Be careful that you don't become so wrapped up in your own beliefs that you cannot see which parts are essential and which are not."

Hah! So there is a reason for my grumpy mood. Here are some things that are pissing me off today:

SUV commercials that make SUV's look like a cute, furry animal

Christo's installation in Central Park that has distrubed the nesting of several bird species there. (I have nothing against Christo, in fact I like his stuff...but this was not well thought out in that tiny oasis in the midst of New York)

I am coming down with a cold or having an allergy attack or something...AGAIN. I can't seem to get my immune system on track.

Little minded people with huge agendas....all of them.

My oldest son behaves in a totally selfish way sometimes (I wonder whose fault that is? Hah!) He didn't remember my or Cecils last birthday and he never reads my blog even though I read his every day....what's up with that? I can make excuses for him but not today.

I quit smoking, in fact Cecil and I both quit smoking a week and a half ago and both of us are grumpy and snappy with each other because....WE WANT A CIGARETTE! Of course we are determined to kick but it is not an easy row to hoe.

People that walk out of their houses, jump into their cars and never look at the sky, the birds, the ants, the ..........(fill in the blank with something in nature) and then bitch about the weather or whatever.

Warmongers...all of them.

Heh....I am annoyed aren't I? And is any of this essential? Hummm. I need to meditate on that. Now give me something positive to dwell on or else tell me what annoys you.

SooZen who needs to get on board the Peace train.
Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » February 10th, 2005, 10:04 am

i see the new banner up on top - the wonderful blue security ceiling that tempts newly winged hearts to take an upward hike.

and i think (ah, ha,maybe doreen's out of her bath and back to the aesthetics of the site and i think, mmmm, i hope so)

hey, Soo

damn nicotine habits - just when you think you're okay, the habit comes and kicks ya behind your knees

j

sooZen

Post by sooZen » February 10th, 2005, 3:40 pm

"too infinity and beyond!!" Yeah ju, I love that blue ceiling shot, cool and temperate as I am learning to be... Hah!

Yes, I think Doreen is back on her feet and in fighting trim. :wink:

Of course the problem with quiting smoking is the fact that I loved smoking, (my dragon side I guess) and blowing smoke rings but it sure had some nasty, nasty side-effects and made me an outcast among friends. I did spend a lot of time outside though, watching birds and that was nice, that pause in a day. O well, I am trying to ride this wagon all the way to town! Hah!
Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

perezoso

Post by perezoso » February 10th, 2005, 3:57 pm

mooooooooooooo!

Scootertrash

Re: Today I am annoyed!!!

Post by Scootertrash » February 12th, 2005, 3:49 am

buddhabitch wrote:
I quit smoking, in fact Cecil and I both quit smoking a week and a half ago and both of us are grumpy and snappy with each other because....WE WANT A CIGARETTE! Of course we are determined to kick but it is not an easy row to hoe.
Hey, I made the move to quit a week ago and havnt had one since! It's going great--first couple of days were kind'a weird but it's smoothing out real nice--think I'm gonna make'er this time-hope so! You can do it ,sooz, it's just mind over matter-just keep telling yourself you're a non-smoker--that's what I'm doing and it sure seems to help..(I might even really believe it in a couple of more weeks) Keep the pos attitude for it-ya only gotta quit one day at a time girl..and not smoking for one day is easy-when tomorrow comes, just dont smoke that one either..

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » February 12th, 2005, 7:54 am

Christo in Central Park?

the golden mean gets mean.
ribbon fence and pidgeons
nowhere to jog
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » February 21st, 2005, 9:32 am

People that walk out of their houses, jump into their cars and never look at the sky, the birds, the ants, the ..........(fill in the blank with something in nature) and then bitch about the weather or whatever.

Warmongers...all of them.

[img]

I was watching a squirrel in the street just this morning when I went outside to discover the paper was already inside, unopened, and saw that Dr Gonzo had hot hisself. I am not a war monger.
I AM ON A SURVIVAL MISSION, WITH THE SQUIRREL![/img]

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » February 21st, 2005, 9:33 am

'?

Return to “Rant, Rage & Laugh”