"Blood, sperm and tears"

Creative complaints & humor.
stilltrucking

"Blood, sperm and tears"

Post by stilltrucking » November 3rd, 2011, 12:46 pm

http://www.eurozine.com/articles/2001-1 ... el-en.html

For twenty years I hung my head in shame because I was turned down for the draft because I was crazy. Even when I tryied to enlist I was turned down. Then I met a combat veteran who told me I should not feel guilty. He said I was a fortunate son.
He said I should feel lucky.

the mingo

Re: "Blood, sperm and tears"

Post by the mingo » November 5th, 2011, 1:05 am

That kind of luck is hard to come by...you had it when you most needed it, Jack,
and you should be be feeling relief, not guilt, on this.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 6th, 2011, 8:22 pm

I suppse she has her point, maybe it is a guy thing I will have to read it again, but I don't think the author of Achilles in Vietnam missed the point. I don't know if she is a combat veteran. I don't know much about her, I should read more about it and get back to you. I woudl be interested to read what a woman combat nurse say about it had to say about Shay's book.

I like your tag line a lot steve,
I think both men and women have their own different ice in the shadows.

Did I tell you about Soldier Summit Utah, back before the mountain slide down and took out the old two lane mountain road with the hairpin turn that was wet with show melt during the day but would freeze up after midnight

I remember coming up the mountain around two in the after noon and seeing that wet spot in the shadow of the cliff where the sun could not hit it. Think about what it was going to be like when I came back the other way from my way back from Salt Lake City . tired at four am. I then I would come around that curve in one of those two story peterbilts with the one piece windshild like a big old 60 inch wide screen tv full of stars as I looked out into space nothing but blackness and stars and I wondered if I was going to go straight off the mountain into the sky or would the truck take the turn and the I would see the lights of the town below.

starlight, I so seldom see it even here.

What can I do but be grateful to the men who had to go, who were drafted. I am also grateful for the men who volunteered, but not as much. Women also.

The only good thing I have seen from the war is the bond between the men who covered each others backs

women too I am sure

I am thinking about running four congress, going to run as a republican going to run for the seat occupied by dirty old white man I saw at the republican national convention in 2004. The one wearing the purple heart bandaids.
Making fun of that vietnam veteran the democrats were running.

that is my political rant for today sorry

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 6th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Mark Baker writes: "A gun is a power. To some people carrying a gun constantly was like having a permanent hard on. It was a pure sexual trip every time you got to pull the trigger." [56]

Joanna Bourke quotes: "The experience seemed to resemble spiritual enlightenment or sexual eroticism: indeed, slaughter could be likened to an orgasmic, charismatic experience. However you looked at it, war was a 'turn on'." [57

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 6th, 2011, 11:09 pm

", Shay begins by quoting Adrienne Rich:
Rape is a part of war; ... when you strike the chord of sexuality in the ... [male] psyche, the chord of violence is likely to vibrate in response; and vice versa. [35] (133)

Shay overlooks the potential impact of this radical statement by describing as a consequence what Rich has interpreted as a prerequisite and by failing to consider - throughout the book - what might have...

http://www.eurozine.com/articles/2001-1 ... el-en.html
Put link to :
Achilles In Vietnam Shay
here :arrow:
Last edited by stilltrucking on March 21st, 2014, 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Unk

Post by Unk » March 21st, 2014, 6:55 pm

I kind of hate to reply reply to this last post
I would rather just delete it in ignominy of shame

this is not about trucking, it is not about fear, not about nothing but a slice of bologna and his wasted childhood, It is uncanny how he finds women who are guilt addled by their children.

I think I am going to edit that last post down, to save wear and tear on scroll mouses everywhere :oops:
thanks dino

Return to “Rant, Rage & Laugh”