Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Creative complaints & humor.
Atehequa

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Post by Atehequa » April 11th, 2015, 9:52 pm

When you approach me, seemingly to engage in conversation, keep that noisy fucking flat rectangular device out of sight before I send it spinning through the air into a wall, utility pole or a fast moving moving tractor trailer's path. Show some common courtesy. It's a wonder someone hasn't lopped off your fingers and gouged your eyes out yet.

Have a nice day and remember we're getting into tornado season.

mnaz

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Post by mnaz » August 4th, 2015, 12:50 pm

Yes. Everyone's constantly fucking around with those things. At the bar, on the street; it's everywhere, any and every place, faces peering into glow, fingers and thumbs working madly. Holy shit.

I was at a basketball game recently, and four people in the front row of the bleachers were working their devices, heads down, mesmerized by their screens, oblivious to the game. I had visions of an errant basketball flying over and smashing one of those damn boxes to the big silicon paradise in the sky ...

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 4th, 2015, 2:17 pm

Phone people. They're everywhere. Ridiculous. It's so disrespectful. If you're with people, TALK to them... don't text other people. Of course, you said it better.

saw

Post by saw » August 27th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Definitely a pet peeve of mine....the worst is when a friend asks you a personal question, and you somewhat reluctantly begin to disclose intimate details, and in the the middle as you begin to share some painful experience, or such...they say, hold on...I've got to take this

and proceed to answer their fucking phone and have a cheerful conversation while you are left to wonder why did I bother to trust this person actually had some concern for my predicament.....it's happened repeatedly with people I consider friends....or you see their eyes drift over and lock on to some tv screen in the bar.....while you are relating something important.....it's maddening !
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

sasha

Post by sasha » April 13th, 2016, 11:11 am

Could not agree more. Want to disengage from the real world? Get an iToy! Just try not to run into me when you're sending text messages traveling 55 mph.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

Return to “Rant, Rage & Laugh”