I am a sick puppy, Firecracker was right about me

Creative complaints & humor.
still.trucking

I am a sick puppy, Firecracker was right about me

Post by still.trucking » November 17th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Everyone making so much sense about terrorism these days.
I wish I had a Zen practice cause I would drink green tea and stop the war.

yeah the French are our Oldest allies we owe them so much for the Vietnam War
Dien Bien Phu-ey
going to saint looey
forget about the French in Algeria
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

tarbaby
Location: Oz, or someplace like Kansas, but mostly stilltrucking's vanity

Re: I am a sick puppy, Firecracker was right about me

Post by tarbaby » November 18th, 2015, 2:16 am

France’s unresolved Algerian war sheds light on the Paris attack
The French-Algerian identity of one of the attackers demonstrates how France’s savage 1956-62 war in Algeria continues to infect today’s atrocities.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/fra ... 36901.html
“Where is that man who has forgotten words that I may have a word with him?”

MrGuilty

Saudi Arabia, an ISIS That Has Made It

Post by MrGuilty » November 21st, 2015, 3:14 am

It is worth reading certain Islamist newspapers to see their reactions to the attacks in Paris. The West is cast as a land of “infidels.” The attacks were the result of the onslaught against Islam. Muslims and Arabs have become the enemies of the secular and the Jews. The Palestinian question is invoked along with the rape of Iraq and the memory of colonial trauma, and packaged into a messianic discourse meant to seduce the masses. Such talk spreads in the social spaces below, while up above, political leaders send their condolences to France and denounce a crime against humanity. This totally schizophrenic situation parallels the West’s denial regarding Saudi Arabia.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/opini ... eft-region
I used to be smart

Free Rice

dune

Post by dune » January 6th, 2016, 6:40 pm

Thanks for this thread.

saw

Post by saw » January 27th, 2016, 2:22 pm

best way to boost recruitment for any cause is to continue to kill someone's family members with drone strikes....in Iraq, the US has never been seen as saviors, they are referred to as the Occupying Army....and we continue to shoot drones into a crowd where there is a military target with the collateral damage of killing innocent people as an accepted price of hunting down perceived bad guys....and our leaders pretend to not understand why there are more terrorists, why there are so many people that want to strike back...of course not just the US....we have seen violence in other parts of the world.....Paris, etc......but for the same reasons....angry citizens that feel marginalized and forgotten, abused and worthless.....peace is not on the table.....the arms makers can't have that, now...can they ?
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » January 28th, 2016, 2:59 pm

Probably just a digression but I think about the roots of the problem in what the Europeans did in the middle east a hundred years ago with our help.

A couple years ago, somebody posted an article on Studio Eight by an Arab journalist saying that the United States needed to get back to the policies of Woodrow Wilson. My G-d! I thought to myself there is a man who don't know jack shit about the policies of Woodrow Wilson. I have nightmares about Woodrow Wilson, I dream I go to his grave and drive a wooden stake through his heart to make sure he stays dead.
The whole bloody mess in the Middle East has its roots in the war to end all peace.

I listened to a story on NPR about the upcoming 100th anniversary of the ending of WW! and the memorial to be built on the Mall. The narrator going on about the brave men and women who died to protect our freedom. Geezus H CHrist, what is he talking about? It was a war to protect the billions of dollars the House of J.P Morgan had bet on England and France to win the war. The consensus now is that if we had stayed out of the war the Europeans would have eventually bled themselves dry and would have settled it with out the massive reparations that led to Hitler World War Two and the holocaust. No doubt there has only been one World War, WW1 then a twenty year armistice to raise another generation of cannon fodder and then WW1 part 2
And the British and French colonies in the middle east would have probably freed themselves. And there would have been no Balfour proclamation dividing Palestine between the Jews and Arabs.
Pardon me my reading list the past six months includes:
To Hell and Back: Europe 1914-1949 Written by: Ian Kershaw

The War That Ended Peace: The Road to 1914 Written by: Margaret MacMillan

The Deluge: The Great War, America and the Remaking of the Global Order, 1916-1931
Written by: Adam Tooze
On second thought I guess it was a war to protect our freedom. Our freedom to cash in on it.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

MrGuilty

Re:Holly Rollers and Hurry Rollers

Post by MrGuilty » November 11th, 2018, 12:08 pm

A Study In Arrogance

The Selective Service Board(Draft-board) was right about me too,
I am —{am/was}— unfit for military service.
Today I am unfit due to my age,
previously I was unfit because of my karma

Camus is right also
Awareness beats happiness

Today is dead heroes day, when I was just a little just a little jackster today was known as Armistice Day.

hurry roll.jpg
29th div.gif
29th div.gif (8.29 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
Thank you ZTW

viewtopic.php?f=167&t=411&p=1694&hilit= ... teel#p1694
I used to be smart

Free Rice

Return to “Rant, Rage & Laugh”