feel free to choose a topic!

Veronica's musings, photography, poetry & more!

Moderator: Arcadia

Arcadia

Re: feel free to choose a topic!

Post by Arcadia » May 5th, 2012, 8:47 am

relax, it seems we have experts returning..! :wink:

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/elpai ... 05-05.html

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 5th, 2012, 9:32 am

first time I see it ... is this insulting? are not the Olyimpics "pasto para el nacionalismo" -as we use to say here- after all? ... or I am wrong? :roll:

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 6th, 2012, 9:23 am

More datos about Videla & the Vatican ... more Videla´s argumentations:

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/elpai ... 05-06.html

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 6th, 2012, 2:15 pm

:cry:
Not to change the subject but I don't if you are aware of it but here in the USA the church is cracking down on nuns.

Maureen Dowd / Now muzzling nuns: The Catholic Church hierarchy is determined to bring women to heel

It is an astonishing thing that historians will look back and puzzle over, that in the 21st century, American women were such hunted creatures.

Even as Republicans try to wrestle women into chastity belts, the Vatican is trying to muzzle American nuns.

Who thinks it's cool to bully nuns? While continuing to heal and educate, the community of sisters is aging and dying out because few younger women are willing to make such sacrifices for a church determined to bring women to heel.

Yet the nuns must be yanked into line by the crepuscular, medieval men who run the Catholic Church.

"It's not terribly unlike the days of yore when they singled out people in the rough days of the Inquisition," said Kenneth Briggs, the author of "Double Crossed: Uncovering the Catholic Church's Betrayal of American Nuns."

How can the church hierarchy be more offended by the nuns' impassioned advocacy for the poor than by priests' sordid pedophilia?

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/opi ... el-633667/
Attachments
sc120504.gif
sc120504.gif (89 KiB) Viewed 845 times

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 6th, 2012, 8:38 pm

How do you take spiritual direction from a church that seems to be losing its soul?

It has become a habit for the church to go after women. A Worcester, Mass., bishop successfully fought to get a commencement speech invitation taken away from Vicki Kennedy, widow of Teddy Kennedy, because of her positions on some social issues. And an Indiana woman named Emily Herx has filed a lawsuit saying she was fired from her job teaching in a Catholic school and denounced as a "grave, immoral sinner" by the parish pastor after she used fertility treatments to try to get pregnant with her husband.

it´s amazing to know that they continue doing that!: they can´t control "the confession" thing anymore so they invented the "spiritual direction"... :shock: maybe they want to close the Catholic Church because total vacancy, who knows!! :roll: :lol: . For what I know most part of the Catholic Church (at least in my country) it´s still medieval (in it´s saddest & sadist possible way, not only towards nuns but also towards priest and laicos...).

another link quoting Maureen:

http://bilgrimage.blogspot.com.ar/2012/ ... ck-on.html

I hope the still actively involved with the Catholic Church can change the institution for good according with their spiritual and social actual needs if they want to do that, why not?. And/or maybe the Catholic Church as we know it now is destined to die because of its rigidity, it´s not a exception, I guess! :)

gracias for the changing-of-subject, s-t! I´ve been raised Catholic, attended an Elementary Catholic School and being part of the Acción Católica movement of the Parroquia del Santísimo Sacramento of my city until I was sixteen and I refused to had a "spiritual director" (among other facts that contributed to the need of air and sense and nonsense in other fields, with other people) ... so, all that crazyness is not strange to my history. With the years the old anger had lessen and other more kind and funny memories & feelings -most of them related with my friends and my own idealistic person of that years- claim to raise.

I still see one time a week the "Parroquia" because my father is still living in the old house that it´s situated in a street in front of its backs. Here it is:

http://www.sacramentinos.org.ar/?page_id=20

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 10th, 2012, 1:47 pm

I guess we´ve been lucky to not have been shot yesterday ... some 7º grade kids during the second "recreo" of the morning throw some stones to precarious houses that are constructed on the other side of the north side wall of the school near where our class is ... the neighbor appeared from the fence and insulted them, they insulted him and continue throwing rocks ... the guy jumped the fence (that´s when I saw what was happening) and began to walk and shout at them ... at that point everybody had run and I was trying to calm him down and telling to return to his house for the same ladder he had descended ... he kept shouting and wanting to point the kids and shout directly to him ... "they are grandes already and they were laughing at me, you sure will listen to them only", I apologized in their name but I explain him that he couldn´t talk to them and that he couldn´t be in the school in this way, I invited him to return to his house and if he wanted to talk to someone talk with the school authorities but entering the school from the front door ... he said "no way!" and thanks whatever he started crossing the patio and getting away from the stone-throwers going towards where the directores were supposed to be (that´s another story...). He looked among sleepy, alcoholized, stoned plus very angry ... The school didn´t called the police at the moment but they are calling to the parents of the kids ... (the opiniones are divided about this among the authorities, I´m for this time to call the neighbor for a more formal meeting and tell him that the next time he enters the place we will call to the police and at the same time that we already talked with students and parents about what happened, but I don´t know if it´s the correct thing to do). Yesterday I was calm but -always in this type of situations- more or less three hours later I had no energy at all ... I had to go to sleep for some hours to reconnect again ...

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 10th, 2012, 8:08 pm

three hours later I had no energy at all ... I had to go to sleep for some hours to reconnect again
Something like that drains you. After I have been confronted with someone like that I usually start shaking, for a long time I thought it was fear, I thought it was cowardice but a combat veteran told me it is just the adrenalin.

I think heroic action comes from the heart, it is not something you think about, it just happens.

Take care amiga.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 10th, 2012, 9:38 pm

not shakes on this side just a somehow naturally urge to sleep some hours after the danger had passed and a bit numb the following days, maybe that´s the way adrenalin operates in me ...
Today I was informed that the neighbor already had had problems with the authorities of the school because of a big wall the school began to build last year in order to have more security... it seems some of the words the kids also throw to him -according other kids- were "negro", "judío" (?) and the saying "¿estás pintado?"... It´s curious that this group this year until the moment didn´t have peleas between them or the other cursos or with us ... but four of them found suddenly the enemy in the neighbor ... the first explanation that they gave to me was something like:" it started as a play, some stones reached the rancho and then the man appeared and we just kept going... we know we did something not correct ... now"... do they really believed that a fence allowed and at the same time protected them to do whatever they want?, had they thought that trowing rocks to a "rancho" it´s in principio a not too bad thing or an accurate target?, were they afraid when the man shouted to them? (no idea at the moment what he told to the kids), did they dimensioned the man as "real"?, did they do similar actions before in other places? what is the family opinion about what the kid, the teachers and the man did? (tomorrow I´ll write about what I listened from one parent today...) was just only a game and proto-masculine-compulsive action?
Today it rained here early in the morning and we had only few students. Tomorow sure we´ll keep talking with the kids about what happened.
Heroic action from the heart? maybe, I don´t know!. In fact it smelled more like supervivencia. Gracias for reading, s-t!.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 10th, 2012, 10:34 pm

I don't much about children, I do know they can be cruel. Have you ever seen a movie or read the novel Lord of The Flies? Interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_the_Flies

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 11th, 2012, 1:46 pm

I didn´t read the novel but I saw the film twenty years ago more or less, I still remember some slides from it.

The book portrays their descent into savagery; left to themselves in a paradisiacal country, far from modern civilisation, the well-educated children regress to a primitive state.

At an allegorical level, the central theme is the conflicting impulses toward civilization—live by rules, peacefully and in harmony—and towards the will to power. Themes include the tension between groupthink and individuality, between rational and emotional reactions, and between morality and immorality. How these play out, and how different people feel the influences of these, form a major subtext of Lord of the Flies.

The funny thing is that the kinds involved in the stones-throwing were the ones we had to observe to be careful with the kids of five years old with wich -from same organizational oddity- we share the patio´s corner sometimes... and it seems the insulting-shouters were two girls (who of course denied it all) and not the four boys...
We have being doing entrevistas yesterday and today with the four boys´s parents plus an autoconvocated mother -from one of the today presunt discovered insult-shouters- and they were from showing concern, to apologize to us, to asking what they were doing there without the teachers didn´t seeing them, to it was just a game & they don´t realize about consecuences of what they do and say, to the neighbor did a wrong thing crossing the fence, to it could have been a masacre, to you should have called the police, to "I will talk with the neighbor myself and bring my son with me to give apologies to him and also question what he did entering the schoo ... it´s always one more craziest than you" ... :shock: but in general I have to say it was somehow peaceful ...
I talked today with the kids about if they knew what is being said when one say "negro" or "hijo de judío" (it wasn´t jew but "jew´s son" in the end...) as an insult ... that they are heavy loaded words said in that context because our humanity´s history ... they listened with attention (for five minutes more or less) and almost surprised ... I don´t know if because what I was saying to them or because I was trying to explain that to them ... then the general attitude was "well, we got it but it´s enough, don´t you think?". And maybe they were right ...

we have a student girl from the same grado that lives next to the walking-defiant-borders neighbor, she was big eyes all the time and showed to have fear to talk and almost move while we talked ... hope all is well with her there when we leave the school ...

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 12th, 2012, 10:21 am

sábado por fin!!!!!!! :D and I was half of the week worried & occupied with rocks, words and fences .... damn! :shock: :lol:

last week the laws of "identidad de género" and "muerte digna" were sancionadas. It seems you can be recognized by the state in the gender you feel you fit in and you can be disconected without the need to be an eternal vegetal, among other things. It sounds good!. See:

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/elpai ... 05-10.html
http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/elpai ... 05-12.html
http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/elpai ... 05-10.html

& also an interesting article I found today in the newspaper about conspirations and sobre-interpretative confusions, let´s keep it simple, just in case! :wink:

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/suple ... 05-12.html

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 12th, 2012, 9:11 pm

Keep it simple. Yes I can do that.

They was a pretty good rock and roll song called "A Simple Man"

Boy oh boy, talk about conspiracy, some guy in Norway is saying the Israeli Mosssad was behind the killings there.

Mother's Day here tomorrow maybe that is why I thought of that song. Nothing to do with this I guess, unless you think Mother's Day is part of a world wide conspiracy to keep women locked into domesticity :wink:

"Simple Man"- Lynyrd Skynyrd

Am (a b) C G Am
Well moma told me, when I was young,
C G Am
Come sit be side me, my only son.
C G Am
And listen to me, and the words I say.
C G Am
And they will help you my son, some sunny day.

(other verse)

Chorus
a b C G Am
And be a simple kind of man,
C G Am
And be something, you love and understand,
C G Am
Be a simple, be a simple man,
C G Am
Wont yout do this for me son, if you can,
Last edited by stilltrucking on May 13th, 2012, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 13th, 2012, 9:25 am

Wow 8)

I just finished reading that last link you posted about conspiracy.

Here it is in English from Google, I wish everyone here would read it.
>
The metaconspiraciones
By Pablo Capanna
If you consider some other blockbuster productions least Ugly Betty or The Matrix, who also played with the issue of conspiracy, we might consider that these products were part of a whole ideological package. It is worth analyzing because, in a sense, the ground for the realm of suspicion that was introduced in the United States from attack on the World September 2001.

The most obvious reading would lead us to think that this is intentional messages, emitted from the centers of power to indoctrinate audiences helpless with unspeakable ends. While some are comfortable believing that originate in a few ideological and efficient power plants, we should not believe in more conspirators than we. More realistic is to assume that when the film industry takes hold of an issue to exploit commercially is because that is already in circulation and not always easy to identify its origin.

In fact, the first of these readings is the conspiratorial ideologues who teach as Lear or Cooper Manning: the powers behind government we are "educating", for example to accept that we have been given to the aliens. However, the main themes of conspiracy theories were born into an ultra-right, which is a sworn enemy of the system, is expressed in the paramilitary militias and practices terrorism "home". In these environments the Bushes were more hated than the leftist media.

The story avoids conspiracy presented as "mystical." By contrast, tries to be rational and empirical, although the facts are generally supported unrepeatable says. Nothing is as it seems, nothing happens by chance, but someone has the key that allows us to understand the meaning that lies behind appearances safer.

The secret that we access now know is that we are dominated by a huge and invincible power which is controlling us for centuries. So far, it has always ruthlessly eliminated those who denounced him before or intrigue. Here one may wonder why, if everyone learned the truth disappeared in mysterious circumstances, are now allowed to tell all this in a book, magazine or website. If that happens, say the conspiracy, is because what we are allowed to see is a smokescreen that hides another thing. But if all the media is controlled, it may be their own conspiracy theories that have been "planted" to hide the ugly truth, and so on., Etc. It is impossible to falsify theories of this type, even if presented adorned with statistics, quotes, bibliography and footnotes. In general, do not stop conspiracy plagiarize each other, but not stop accusing each other of lightness or deception. They can cite in support of people like Bertrand Russell or Carl Sagan, and even recommend this movie they suggested his theory as proof of the veracity of his delirium.

WHEN AN ENEMY WILL ...

This type of structured fantasies, which sometimes reaches an incredible complexity, not reduce to instill fear in a world where it is scarce. Paradoxically, they offer some security to their believers. Everything is a lie, but I am among the elect who know the truth, and can not deceive me as to all those fools ...

The philosopher Richard Hofstaedter, author of Gödel, Escher, Bach wrote in the sixties a remarkable essay on the paranoid style in American politics. They reviewed the nineteenth century American delusions: the sinister fantasies became Protestants about Catholics and Protestants of these on, they both had about Jews and that together had about the Masons.

In the twentieth century political paranoia was fed by the Cold War and generated a wealth of material where there were many spies and even some alien infiltrators among us. But things got complicated in the nineties, when it launched a recycling omnivore who was able to amalgamate the Protocols of the Elders of Zion with the Roswell ET, the myth of Atlantis and the secret weapons the Nazis.

Political scientist Michael Barkun points out as a turning point fall of the Berlin Wall. The United States had always needed an opponent. For years the USSR had to compete in the arms race and space. But it is known that when an enemy goes, is an empty space, which can only be filled with new enemies ... Down the Evil Empire and had not yet appeared when Bin Laden, the conspiratorial minds set out to find the enemy in their own governments, and even off the planet, if necessary. In the feature film The X Files (1998), Kurzweil, the deluded scientist who pursues the FBI for having discovered the truth, solemnly denounced the betrayal of all U.S. governments: "As the world struggling against Communism (?) they were negotiating the Apocalypse. "

By DIY complex ideological, in the nineties the UFO myth began to combine with more stale conspiracy theories, such as anti-Semitic and anti-Masonic, and the latest born in the heat of the Cold War.

Of course, syncretism was not a Yankee exclusive, as is typical of global culture. Just remember the ideology of the leader of the Aum Shirinkyo, which in 1993 committed bloody attacks in the Tokyo subway: Buddhism combined with Revelation, Nostradamus, the Elders of Zion and to Isaac Asimov. His weapon was sarin.

SPACE MONSTERS

One year prior to the bomb that destroyed the federal building in Oklahoma City terrorist Timothy MacVeigh was in Nevada and wanted to visit the famous Area 51, which according to legend hides the evidence of secret contact with extraterrestrials. He read the work of neo-Nazi Peirce, who inspired him more of an attack, and paid tribute to the dead at Waco, but also visited Milton Cooper. In the two days he spent awaiting execution was six times the movie Contact, based on the novel by Carl Sagan, which certainly speaks more conspiracy radio astronomy.

The UFO myth began to converge with the extreme right, which is beneficial to an audience which may account for some surveys. In 2000, 43 percent of Americans believed that UFOs were extraterrestrial, 17 percent believed in the "abduction" and 71 percent were convinced that the government was hiding the truth. But the most remarkable is that, according to a 1992 study, 2 per cent or 3.7 million people, swore that he had been taken into space by an alien ship.

With an audience so willing, myths not only proliferate, they begin to mutate constantly. Cooper, the most read by the militia, began denouncing the secret treaties of Eisenhower with the Greys from Rigel, but years later claimed that UFOs had been created by the sect of the Illuminati.

More picturesque is Stan Deyo, who taught that the Illuminati anti-gravity dominate and are preparing to leave the planet, leaving him to pollution, strip mining and other delicacies. For this plan to a fake alien invasion that will allow them to flee to the cities on Mars have secret without anyone noticing ...

The modules of the myth begin to assemble. Many believe that UFOs come from space, but others argue that Nazis came from bases in Antarctica. There are those who believe they have been manufactured by the Nazis under alien franchise, and so on. But there is no doubt that in either version, always lose.

MASTER PLANS

Much of the alarm over conspiracy theories totalitarian future that awaits the United States. The key is that "new world order" that Bush (father) would be established on September 11, 1991, exactly ten years before the attack on the Twin Towers. In fact, the term had been used before Bush and even by him on various occasions. The light version of the myth gave conservatives Pat Robertson and Pat Buchanan, but the most radical believe the 09/11/1991 is the date the Illuminati began the final push to control the world and our lives. The worst thing is that in the future promise to give the American people all villainies that his troops often do in the territories they invade.

The conspiracy usually speak emptying of democratic institutions under the guise of emergency laws, which is not far from reality. But they also denounce the U.S. submission to the United Nations and the presence of foreign troops in the Union, which sounds ridiculous.

The project includes the implantation of microchips to control the minds of citizens, the agency in charge of MK Ultra, and the construction of 43 secret concentration camps, with a capacity of 40,000 dissidents, this would be borne by FEMA, the agency handles emergencies. The operations are carried out by paramilitaries who travel in unmarked black helicopters, like green Falcon.

Some people go further and assume that we have long been sold to the Greys of Rigel and the reptilians from Alpha Draconis, which are the scourge of the universe. Area 51 in Nevada and is on the tourist circuit, but the new attraction is the military base at Dulce (New Mexico), in whose entrails, Illuminati, reptilian Grays and get ready to dominate. There are those who claim that the Denver airport is a base draconian, which connects with Washington through a network of secret tunnels.

If you wonder who the sepoys traitors who have sold to the forces of evil can find an infinite list, to which everyone can add their own enemies. The new "metaconspiraciones" are hierarchies where each module is suspicious place.

The ideologue Val Valerian requires six pages to chart its global secret power diagram. Among the most popular modules are the Council of Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg Group, the Aspen Institute, Club of Rome and the Skull & Bones fraternity at Yale. Some people add to the Knights of Malta, Opus Dei and the Vatican. Most radicals do not hesitate to include all religions and ideologies: Judaism, Christianity, Freemasonry, fascism and communism. In short, they are all avatars of the same secret brotherhood born in Babylon three thousand years ago, but has just been discovered by David Icke.

As an example, try to follow one of the arguments of Icke. We all know that Kennedy was killed in Dealey Plaza in Dallas. Dealey was a Mason and Dallas Texas politician is in parallel 33. Dea means "goddess" in Latin and law is "law" in Castilian. This proves that Kennedy was killed by Masons to a Babylonian goddess worshiped by the reptiles came from Alpha Draconis ...

To this the old psychiatrists used to call "interpretive delusion." In Argentina, is what made famous Roger, "the man who argued too much." Roger, a famous comedian of Landru, was able to draw any conclusion from any premises. If asked about Cucha Cucha Street, thought the dog, associated with fleas and after passing through the most disparate finished talking about things like debt or scolding the other for his rudeness. The trouble is that the conspiracy Rogelios great many people think.

Thus closed the presentation of the series X Files.
http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/suple ... 05-12.html

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 13th, 2012, 10:55 am

Mother's Day here tomorrow maybe that is why I thought of that song. Nothing to do with this I guess, unless you think Mother's Day is part of a world wide conspiracy to keep women locked into domesticity

cierto that mayo and not october is mother´s month for you...!!!!!! :D and hey, I´m not for generalizations...! :mrgreen: And no idea, I guess I had enough being a daughter in this life, I´m forty four in a month and I ´m not in the mood to lead with cientific miracles´s world, so maybe I can tell more about being a mother in the next one if it exists...! :lol: :wink: . Of course I must be good in performing some kind of función materna here because people who don´t know me and see me for the first time always think that I have a loooot of hijos, not one or two ... (which it´s really funny...!) :roll:

a link to an interesting blog of a non-mother british woman, sure you´ll enjoy it! :wink:

http://gateway-women.com/

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 13th, 2012, 12:39 pm

To rise up together as a tribe of powerful, liberated, independent, educated, thoughtful women and say: ENOUGH! And used our freedom to make the world a better place for everyone’s children to inherit.
Yes that is a world not only to inherit but to live in now. That is what I hope to do

Sorry I got so sentimental on you :roll:
Not sure if I know what a subtext is but this is the subtext to my text above :wink:
>
I was thinking of a poem called tinker jack, I was thinking about the willing domesticity of sylvia plath, I was thinking of her as a proto-feminist, tucking her babies in bed and then putting towels under the doors their bedroom to seal them so the gas from the stove would not seep in.

and I thought about a friend who had a child because she was feeling pressured into it by her mother who wanted grandchildren.
Attachments
biologicalimperative.jpg
biologicalimperative.jpg (47.96 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Return to “Arcadia's Place”