In Memory

Honoring Clay January (Lightning Rod) RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
Michael

In Memory

Post by Michael » February 10th, 2013, 4:15 pm

I may have posted this song before, but, in memory of Lightning Rod, I'm reposting it (or, possibly, posting it for the first time). It's called "If It Was Blue".

I end the song with a fairly long semi classical guitar riff, but it was LR, flautist extrodinaire, who really makes the song, IMHO.
If It Was Blue.mp3
If It Was Blue
(17.67 MiB) Downloaded 1233 times
Thanks Clay.

To friendship,
Michael

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: In Memory

Post by Doreen Peri » February 21st, 2013, 2:15 am

Thank you for posting this, Michael! I'm so glad you and Clay had a chance to work together!

Michael

Re: In Memory

Post by Michael » February 27th, 2013, 12:24 pm

So am I, Doreen, so am I.

No, actually, I'm sad that we didn't work together a bit more. He would have sweetened up many of my other songs.

I believe that we're only going to live one life. From what I know of Clay and from what I can piece together by what others have said, as well as from what he wrote and said, Clay lived his life to the fullest, even if it was in an "in your face" manner.

He didn't seem like a hard and calloused man in spite of how some may have reacted to him. Nonetheless, he seemed like a proud man and he knew he was good. It's so sad when people who are good go through this, the only life they'll ever know, either not knowing it or thinking less of themselves than is warranted. Not Clay. He was good at whatever he did and he knew it. That's the way to be. No phony "aw shucks" humility for Clay. Was he arrogant? I don't believe so. I don't believe that truth and arrogance are synonymous and Clay was just truthful. If everyone else in the world was just truthful, it would be a wonderful world.

To friendship and love and sorrow and happiness (all at the same time),
Michael

Return to “Lightning Rod”