tension

Post your poetry, any style.
creativesoul

tension

Post by creativesoul » June 4th, 2007, 8:00 pm

finals week
the ones that are graduating look like they have one finger in a light socket
there is electricty in thier eyes, sleep looks like a vacation
i am one of the lucky women that came home to an air conditioner- and my dreams of dance and prayer. last night my dreams attempted to resolve one of the many problems of the physical realm. the crazy roommate that runs into her room when ever anyone enters that part of the house is still here, her cats look at me through the screen of her room into the backyard with an equally psycho look as she carries, " like please help me, my job of taking care of this insane woman has me really jammed up an freakd out, i see your animals are happy, wont you please let me out of here?"
i just look at the faces of those poor creatures and think to myself, " i am a good girl whose has seen the dark side of trouble, although I want to set you free I am unwilling to accept the wrath of the crazy insane roomate finally losing her mind once and for all"
So finals week has me dialouging with cats and squirrels and fire and trees praying to the grandmothers and grandfathers and the four legged. these are the substances and alchemy that save me.
my husband has grumpy bear medicine and what i learned about sociology and identity salience is that the role I present and the position that I hold has me behaving in a way that creates peace.sometimes I am offended even hurt by things that arrive like lost luggage. i am still an artist and miss painting-so much to do, never enough time
sometimes the tension makes me want relief, sex, straight up
sometimes i just want to sleep

Return to “Poetry”