everythings independent but nothings alone
have you ever thought of christmas ornaments and the boxes
they sit in for all but maybe 3 weeks out of the year
no light to catch the color and the shape the hands fashioned
to accentuate the electric candles bath
i don't
i really don't
i do
these things travel though my mind as i watch the highway pass underneath our metal feet
the road is ending, we are ingesting all the white lines like pack man dots, while the earth is full
of ghosts that give us the lyrics to songs that fasten to our minds and mumble across our lips
whenever we wish we were without company, no one near, or maybe just someone with the same song so
we can unify,
just once to have something to break off that we will miss, we
break patterns together, cut squares in half and they only become another shape, have to cut things with
serrated edges to show true feelings
crushed lines beneath our credit cards, rolled dollars and turned them to hollow tubes to inhale our heartbeats
i feel life drift away but rarely do i feel it here
always a piece of hair in my eyes i forgot to cut
it smells, like dirt and concrete
i thought of the trees today, i thought of tennis courts, i thought of how the clay has been taken
and erected and smoothed into artifical floors for balls to bounce off their faces and i think that the old ones
the old ones that you see sitting in apartment complexes that had much better expectations than thier actual
tennet turnout, i think these ones are happy, let the poor, the lazy drug addicts, the overweight daytime tv watchers,
let them move in and take over, they don't care about the tennis courts anyway, they sit on the nets and drink beer,
let the painted lines fade away and boundaries no longer exist and the clay will crack and sink back into the ground,
i think they are happy
so many of my bones want to be left alone that's why they creak, so many doors with peepholes that only work in one direction,
not mine, so i quit looking and just walk=thru, God's protected so far, angels don't tire, demons grow weary, their
fists always clenched, front teeth fracturing on those beneath them

Return to “Poetry”