Note re: poem entitled "Lobotomy"

Post your poetry, any style.
Totenkopf

Post by Totenkopf » September 27th, 2007, 9:30 pm

You don't own that thread.
BS. In fact I do, bucko. You converted the thread into your cheesy nostalgia trip. This ain't "action poetry." It started with my writing: you don't care for it, cool-- move along. I have every right to delete my thread. You can bookmark your own writing somewhere else. It doesn't matter what the phpbb can do or not. Just stay off my threads, and I stay off yours.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » September 27th, 2007, 9:32 pm

doreen peri wrote:Just for the record, I don't think a person who starts a thread should be able to pick and choose which comments they want to stay on their thread.... but I do think a person who starts a thread should be able to delete the entire thread if they want.
what world are you living in doreen?

if you delete the whole thread, then you are picking and choosing all the comments.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Totenkopf

Post by Totenkopf » September 27th, 2007, 9:34 pm

Who cares. That's how most opensource sites are run: thread starters can delete the thread. Unless maybe you are interested in plagiarizing people's writing? Maybe that's it. Your comments had nothing to do with the writing anyway.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 27th, 2007, 9:38 pm

I live in the real world of the internet... lol!!!

Almost all VBulletin boards I've gone to allow the user to delete their own threads.

phpBB has a mod for it, most likely. I donno yet.

Hey, this is a democracy, right? Let's let the people rule! ;) I'll start a thread so we can vote. :)

OK?

If people want to be able to delete their own threads, we'll look for a phpbb mod to install. If they don't want to? Then the person who started the thread who didn't like the way the thread was going can simply delete his or her own replies by putting "..." in there or something.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » September 27th, 2007, 9:41 pm

Totenkopf wrote:
You don't own that thread.
BS. In fact I do, bucko. You converted the thread into your cheesy nostalgia trip. This ain't "action poetry." It started with my writing: you don't care for it, cool-- move along. I have every right to delete my thread. You can bookmark your own writing somewhere else. It doesn't matter what the phpbb can do or not. Just stay off my threads, and I stay off yours.
If you think you own anything, then you are more deluded than I thought.
I didn't convert the thread to anything. It was natural discussion. That's why we call this a discussion board.

I will gladly stay off your threads. But I thought the purpose of this exercise was discussion, not exclusion. You have already unvited several members of these forums from replying to your posts. I don't get it. Why are you posting and then demanding that people not reply to your posts? Why don't you just reply to your own posts and praise you own erudition?

G'nite

The Poet's Eye

Totenkopf

Post by Totenkopf » September 27th, 2007, 9:46 pm

You have already unvited {sic} several members of these forums from replying to your posts.
BS. Who? You, Deluded-Rod (and maybe one other--ST). I hardly post here. When I do, I get strange, off topic, irrelevant responses. Anyway, if you want to work at it, I might allow you to attend the "Totenkopf Commenting Certification Training." Covers the basics of civil, intelligent commenting. Then, once having passed the TCCT , and with a brief probationary period, you are allowed to post.
Last edited by Totenkopf on September 27th, 2007, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » September 27th, 2007, 9:49 pm

that was no typo
UNvited is a word
why? because I say it is

you have UNvited Axanderdeath and joel from replying to your posts. And now me. I don't give a shit. I just wonder what your motives are.

The Poet's Eye

Totenkopf

Post by Totenkopf » September 27th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Dude, scroll through a few pages on "Creative Writing." Note the number of posts per Creative Writer. Few from TK (and Mr. Joel asked me not to comment on his writing, anyway). So it's really not an issue--unless you have some obsession about my writing that I do not know about.

There is no motive, except perhaps to get the phpBB mod to allow Creative Writers to control at least their own literary threads--that seems fair. ( that right might not extend to other, non-literary topics or threads--).

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » September 27th, 2007, 10:13 pm

Toke,

Let's get real here.
We are both argumentative and obsessive and particular.
I like you and your absurd ramblings backed up by tenuous references
as far as I'm concerned, you can say anything you want
go ahead, make a fool of yourself. I do it.

What I don't dig is one person having power over what another person says. I would never delete you. I might refute you, but never would I delete you.

Just my personal prejudice. I think it's called freedom.

The Poet's Eye

joel

Post by joel » September 27th, 2007, 10:15 pm

Whatever impressions I may have given, my apologies. I welcome anyone's comments or thoughts, related or otherwise. I'll accept critique (and I don't turn away praise either :wink: ).

At the same time...I try to respect people's boundaries and I won't respond to threads begun by folks who have asked me not to respond. That's only fair and civil.
"Every genuinely religious person is a heretic, and therefore a revolutionary" -- GBShaw

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » September 28th, 2007, 1:37 am

Was I on this thread?
Did I offend? If I did I do apologize.

Otherwise, I don't care.
Pleaaaaaaaaase delete me
let me go....

H 8)
"I am a victim of society, and, an entertainer"........DW

ms67

Post by ms67 » September 28th, 2007, 8:32 am

wow, this is kinda funny

i thought this place was a public forum, even tho you gotta register to post stuff. i gotta admit i would be kinda peeved if i put some creative verse in someone elses thread and the author could delete it at a whim. but hey, it would be nice to be able to delete downright offensive additions.

i wonder if its worth while comparing real world with www? authors, movie directors etc censoring all review articles in the media for any reason? they "own" the right to censor any comments on, or inspired diversions from, their work? hmm, dont like that idea.

but seriously, it seems we all know how things work now. Doreen has deleted the thread, its gone, spilt milk etc. For the record i totally agree with your arguments LRod but think it went too far some time ago.
Doreen = Bush, arrrggg even the accusations makes me want to run for cover incase its true :lol:
drawn by a great artist
check out her website
http://feedapollyon.deviantart.com/

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » September 28th, 2007, 9:40 am

full moon talking...

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » September 28th, 2007, 9:50 am

i wonder if its worth while comparing real world with www? authors, movie directors etc censoring all review articles in the media for any reason? they "own" the right to censor any comments on, or inspired diversions from, their work? hmm, dont like that idea.
very apt analogy, ms
I don't like it either

yeah cec, I think somebody around here needs a lobotomy :roll:

The Poet's Eye

Totenkopf

Post by Totenkopf » September 28th, 2007, 9:59 am

authors, movie directors etc censoring all review articles in the media for any reason? they "own" the right to censor any comments on, or inspired diversions from, their work?
The analogy doesn't apply. First it's a blog, not the Media. No one said people should not review writing (though it wasn't an article), and post comments somewhere, or publish it themselves, on their own blogs, etc. It was about a person's right to delete his own Creative Writing posts, or to prohibit commenting on his own thread, if he desires that: and having the phpBB command for that set-up (I believe the 'ware allows that--and that is S.O.P. for many BB's). In terms of other sorts of writing--political , cultural, your favorite tofu recipes, etc.--- I would most likely agree that comments should not be deleted (but that could be debatable--one can imagine a sort of "Irrelevance moderator" at work in a thread).

Return to “Poetry”