Snapshot

Post your poetry, any style.
.Lucy.

Snapshot

Post by .Lucy. » June 2nd, 2009, 9:12 am

I watched him closely as he slid the pencil across paper, his fingers with the elegance of ballroom dancers of years passed. They waltzed their way across in firm yet gentle strokes, etching images that danced in his head rhythmically.

Within me, I heard the music play languidly, as he sumptuously marked his ideas in swirls and patterns, snapshots of his mental beauty.

His dark hair fell across his face, and though I was tempted to brush away the strands that were preventing me from studying those beautiful eyes, I remained still. This in front of me, this phenomena of art that was Him, was to be left untouched and unspoiled. He was creating. This perfect image of him at his most organic had left me immobilized. Muted.

I barely dared to breathe.

LT
6-09
The road to happiness: Perseverance, Endurance and a whole lot of Hope.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » June 2nd, 2009, 11:58 am

strong visuals, Ms T... well done and just enough to satisfy. ;)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 2nd, 2009, 12:59 pm

You should write romance novels.

They sell like hotcakes. You'd be a literary star! No doubt.

Especially with your name.

I never told you this before I don't think but the most searched for name on Studio Eight according to the stats is "Lucy Torres."

I know they're probably looking for the other Lucy Torres (an actor??? I think she's an actor... a sexy actor), but who cares?

If you become a romance novelist, they'll find you just the same.

I think it's a great idea! Get some of the Harlequin Romance novels from the library and read a few. You can write that stuff and you'd be good at it and one day you'll go on Oprah. :D

.Lucy.

Post by .Lucy. » June 2nd, 2009, 1:55 pm

You know, I've been told I should go into romance by many...and oddly enough, all my books, even the one that was nearly agented, are YA fiction. Yes, there is adolescent romance in them, but I work with all young adult themes. This recent book I started writing, is however, fully based on teenage romance, so you may be on to something here...

As of late, I have come to realize a substantial portion of my side work (poetry and snippets) deal with romance, which is odd to me because I've never viewed myself as a conventional romantic. I find life in itself to be romantic, so many beautiful things in the relationships amongst objects, nature, between people- to be romantic. Yet to peg myself as a writer of romance...well, it sounds eerie to me, and yet truly, my work does speak for itself...

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of breaking into the literary world as a romance writer, it feels as though I'm marketing myself as someone I'm not. Yet who am I really? A writer of varying genres. Nearly a hundred percent of my work is hidden from the world, aside from the flimsy little pieces I post (which are pretty bland and flavorless, in my opinion). I post these pieces because I am comfortable with their mediocrity and they aren't so dear to me as my hidden works.

But I digress.

Perhaps I should look into it, though I do cringe at the thought...Yet maybe once I have my foot in the door, I can publish all the work I've been seeking to unleash...

Thank you so very much for your encouragement!
-Lucy
The road to happiness: Perseverance, Endurance and a whole lot of Hope.

SmileGRL

Post by SmileGRL » June 4th, 2009, 3:33 pm

very sensual...

& about writing romance but not viewing yourself as romantic... i think we write what we hunger for a lot of the time. it fills a gap.

sweetwater

Post by sweetwater » June 5th, 2009, 11:05 am

populist

Return to “Poetry”