August 2 1939

Post your poetry, any style.
stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 17th, 2007, 9:39 pm

I don't know what you mean by a heads up?
Like we don't need to build a bomb but we just need to keep ready to prevent Germany from completing this work? For some reason I am reminded of the great man in Cat's Craddle.

http://www.compleatheretic.com/pubs/lit ... 05no3.html

I suppose I see Freud as more of a prophet than Einstein. At least he seemed to have a better grasp of man's nature.

I like that quote From The Human Use of Human Beings. I don't think there are many pacifists in the world. Surely one more can't do much harm. Just my opinion Mr. Mnaz. I got so many opinions that I hardly have enough openings in my body to express them.

Sooner or later someone would have built the bomb. Just our nature. We are very handy with our thumbs. Where did I just read something about "We are all pencils in god's hands." Mother Teresa?

Einstein's genuis staggers me, and he did it all with his little pencil. No cyclotrons, atom smashers, just thought experiments. And we got scientists today with so much hardware and they think they are going to answer everything for every one every time.

Don't mind me, I think I blew it, I know I did, so maybe I just see the world through the smokey glass of my own regrets.

Return to “Poetry”