Hypnosis

Magic & Metaphysics.

Moderator: hester_prynne

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Hypnosis

Post by Doreen Peri » February 11th, 2005, 5:03 pm

I don't know if this fits in this forum or not, but I'm considering hypnosis to help me stop smoking.

Does anybody know anything about hypnosis?

How does it work?

Does it work to help someone stop smoking?

I went out to a restaurant a year or so ago with my friend and daughter and we asked for the smoking section. The man who seated us proceeded to tell us a story about how he had stopped smoking 5 years ago, using hypnosis as a tool. He swore by it. He said he never wanted another cigarette since his one hypnosis session and went through no withdrawal symptoms.

Hard to believe, but I sure would like to!

I'm looking at an ad for a hypnosis session in my area to be held at a nearby hotel. They only want $40 to attend the session and offer a 110% money-back guarantee.

I'm skeptical. But for $40? I donno. Why not?

Then, I think, how does this darn thing work? What will they be *doing* to my sub-conscious? Is it safe?

And then I think, maybe it's a fly-by-night con operation. Take $40 and multiply it by 200 people in the session, do that 5 times in one city, then move on to another city under a new name before people ask for their money back. That's $40,000 in five sessions. Do the same thing again in 25 cities and voila! You're one million dollars richer!

heh.... I'm such a skeptic.

Any comments? Insight? Hypnosis stories?

Return to “Mystic Arts”