What's In the Cards?

Magic & Metaphysics.

Moderator: hester_prynne

sooZen

What's In the Cards?

Post by sooZen » April 13th, 2005, 9:12 am

Here is a tarot card site that judih directed me to and which I found most insightful for it related directly to where I was at that moment in time.

http://www.toriffic.co.uk/cgi-bin/shuffle_cards.cgi

My resolution card today is:

a gratifying element of being alone

Saturn in Pisces or in the Twelfth House

This enigmatic image represents either too much vertical awareness or not enough. You’re either too isolated or in dire need of time to yourself. Whether it’s to gather your wits or get perspective or just think, merging with your own singular nature tends to restore your vertical resonances. An illumined pearl suspended above a headless statue is symbolic of an innate wisdom beyond reason & intellect; a capacity for being still and knowing. Being at one with yourself makes it possible to create and to serve Creation. Too much solitude, however, can make you stir crazy from sheer lack of meaningful human contact and community involvement.

Try it out, pick your three cards and then see the resolution card...
Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 13th, 2005, 9:34 am

Today's reading:

My cards were "Wake Up", 'Precious' and 'Intent'....but my resolution card is this:

deliberate & unmitigated enthrallment

Sun in Leo or in the Fifth House

Welcome to Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced Fun where the most imaginative trouble wins. Beginning Fun is about getting high; rising above dismal cultural boredom in rebellious chaos and spontaneous mirth. Intermediate, or disciplined, Fun knows how to stay high by an act of aesthetic

grace; Rimbaud’s poetics of delirium for the rearrangement of the senses. Advanced Fun renders the high contagious and subversive like Timothy Leary’s charismatic evolutionary agents of change. All three phases reflect various degrees in the absorption, integration and transmission of post-survival, creative energies.

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » April 13th, 2005, 6:09 pm

Holy Cow! Great site, thank you for putting it in here. Been kinda quiet in here I know, I been busy trying to find a job....all consumed is more like it...funny, my overview card was fear! The first three were really good, divine intervention, intelligence, selflessness.......then the fear card. So So true for me, I fear indigence, fear of fear...man, right on stuff.

Check out the lunar eclipse in scorpio coming this month during the full moon...on the 24th. Things are looking up if you ask me!

http://www.mountainastrologer.com/plane ... ation.html

Traveller13

Post by Traveller13 » April 17th, 2005, 12:04 pm

Here's my reading, for potential peepers:

Left: ON-RAMP TO NOWHERE
something unexpected is about to come my way if it hasn't already, it might see pointless at first but if I take that something it'll "bring me to places I never thought existed".

Middle: GNOSIS
I could or could not be close of a place of great wisdom, which is a rare thing to come across, and meet useful people there. It's time for me to "test my intuitive resonance with what currently passes for truth".

Right: RITUAL

I need to find my true will (I've been trying to do that for ages), and build a thicker skin, from what I understood. Integrity, etc.

Overview card: FAITH

I'm puzzled about that one, and don't know what to make of it:

It you’re stumped between choices, you may lack relevant information. You could wait for more data or leap from where you are. Or, strike a balance somewhere. The weathered hands holding the harvested corn depict a working knowledge of the timing of natural cycles. In this image the Moon is above and the Sun, below. Feminine powers are supported by the Masculine; conscious ego must learn to serve the more subconscious or unknown forces at work. Nature can be very demanding until one yields the weight of one’s uninformed doubts towards greater receptivity to Her ways.
[i]~"Open your eyes, and open your eyes again"[/i]

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » April 17th, 2005, 5:25 pm

my resolution card for today:

a readiness for spiritual in formation

Sun in Sagittarius or in the Ninth House

gnosis

Amidst the labyrinth of world religions and philosophies exist vertical temples of ageless wisdom. You may be close to such a place now. Here you could meet other seekers of truth or study holy scriptures or learn from those wiser than you. This is a time for testing your intuitive resonances with what currently passes for truth. As you distill your own most honest impressions down to the informed opinions of your beliefs, you are ready to interact with the visions of

others. No one teacher or source or organization or religion has all the answers; each have a clue or two, at best. In the end it doesn’t matter what

you know, as much as how your knowledge

has served Creation.

I say indeed! to that!
H 8)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 23rd, 2005, 5:41 pm

The three cards I picked:

1. How you are feeling at this moment, what is on your mind and the nature of your question.
EXPERIMENT
towards an open-ended inquiry

Mercury in Aquarius or in the Eleventh House

Fear of failure may be your last obstacle to success. No matter how brilliant or creative your

theories, they may need further testing to produce the results you want. A more scientific approach needn’t be high tech or complicated.

If you’re willing to make a few mistakes and learn as you go, you could have some fun and be creative, too. You will need an open mind to permit more uncertainty and a spirit of inquiry to relax hidden tendencies for making premature conclusions. With persistence, the trial-by-error process can become a trial-by-success triumph.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The factors influencing you and what is happening around you.
MONKEY MIND
mental exaggeration

& pointless chatter

Jupiter in Gemini or in the 3rd House

You may have entered a strange loop of too much thinking or talking, or both. A whirlwind of concepts and images spin out of control. These random flying objects illustrate the loss of focus and mental discord of a mind divided against itself. The stone monkey depicts an intellect overwhelmed and immobilized by a plethora of unintegrated ideas. The chains represent "shackles of ignorance" regarding this fragmented, delusory condition. The chains also symbolize loose ends and illusions that can be cast aside with enough mental discipline to begin connecting your ideas to actions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. The direction you need to take to resolve any problems before you.
PRECIOUS
a naive exaggeration of self-importance
Venus in Taurus or in the Second House

You may be over-rating the situation. Here’s a simple way to tell if you’re also taking yourself too seriously. When the world appears dull & boring, less funny, and more threatening, you could be looking through the downside of your own cluttered "filters"; the opinions, beliefs and aesthetics you’ve made too precious. This image represents an ego pampered by excessive self-indulgence. No blame; it’s easy to forget you’re inside a prison this beautiful. Don’t move; you’re in an excellent position to start meditating

on something other than yourself.
......................................................................................................

The resolution card:
DEATH
imminent change

Pluto in Scorpio or in the Eighth House

This is only a test. If this were an actual emergency you probably wouldn’t be reading this. Picture yourself standing at the calm center of a roanng cyclone. Flying beyond your grasp are familiar objects & icons no longer in your

possession. Your options? You can let go and you can keep on letting go. The drawn curtains on the door symbolize the true mystery of death; who can say what happens? If you become aware of an actual death now treat this image as a symbol for the "bardo" realm where souls are said to wander until they find their way back to more vertical sources. You stand at a timely threshold. Through trembling veils you gaze into the abyss and the abyss gazes back into you.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 23rd, 2005, 11:48 pm

this site is something else. i wish i wrote it (but it wasn't me)

judih

sooZen

Post by sooZen » April 26th, 2005, 8:43 pm

judih...it looks like the end of the month is the last for using this site.
It seems that it is going to be shut down. Pooh! O well, it is fun while it lasts.
Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 26th, 2005, 10:30 pm

i wrote him and he responded saying that he's not sure if he's moving the site or in fact closing it down. We'll see. Hope on.

Traveller13

Post by Traveller13 » April 27th, 2005, 2:23 am

wrote too
still waiting for answer (?)
[i]~"Open your eyes, and open your eyes again"[/i]

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 30th, 2005, 1:55 am

I guess that today, April 30th, is the last day that we can get online card readings.

Check your reading! Why not? Mine said i'm dealing with delusion (which is an opportunity for clear thinking) and a monkey mind which is loss of focus. There's hope, i forget how, but hope is good.

Try your luck.

p.s.
To order the book and cards, it's $40 plus shipping.

j

Return to “Mystic Arts”