so, I’m an idiot…

Commentary by Michael Bonanno.

Moderator: Michael

Michael

so, I’m an idiot…

Post by Michael » November 25th, 2005, 10:34 pm

From a friend:

saw an article that was written by Ann Coultre and thought I would check it out to see if she had brought her head out of the Bush smoke screen yet... check out this first paragraph: (written Nov. 24th, 2005)

"In the Iraq war so far, the U.S. military has deposed a dictator who had already used weapons of mass destruction and would have used them again. As we now know, Saddam Hussein was working with al-Qaida and was trying to acquire long-range missiles from North Korea and enriched uranium from Niger."

I'm sure you aren't surprised, but I am at the continuation of the lies after all this time...

just thought I'd share a little outrage with you.

Meta

I don't know why, but I actually don't believe this. Well, I guess I know why. It’s because I don’t think, up to this point, I heard any human being, thinking or not thinking, conservative or progressive, published or not published, continue to say or write that there was a connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam or that the allegation about Niger is still legitimate. This is the first person, in any and/or all of the mentioned categories, whom I’ve seen write or heard say those things.

Add to this the letters to the editor that still support The Regime and it’s no wonder why it won’t change. As long as there’s the faintest breath of life support, it will continue to rein stupidity as well as terror.

To friendship,
Michael

“In the eyes of empire builders men are not men but instruments.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

The Mind Of Michael
Speak Your Mind And Read Mine

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 26th, 2005, 12:13 pm

Ann could not possibly believe this line she spoke. But given the fact that she is a mouthpiece for the regime, and that is her 'bread & butter', what we see as a downright lie is only another payment due in her book.

Michael

Post by Michael » November 26th, 2005, 12:32 pm

mtmynd, as I wrote, I honestly can’t believe this.

I saw Coulter on Bill Maher right after Dubya picked his girl friend to replace O’Connor on the bench. Just as with all members of the American Nazi Party, she was “disappointed” with The Jester. She actually came out and said so.

I know that the Myers fiasco was a Nazi Party ploy because Dubya’s Lewinski may not have been as regressive as they would have liked, but at least she was able to say something negative about him. I really thought that no one on earth with the possible exception of Cheney, who just won’t let it go, would still try to validate the connection. I don’t even think Cheney would say that the Niger story could possibly be legitimate. After all, The Regime actually came out and retracted the statement that The Jester made in the 2002 State of the Disunion Speech.

To friendship,
Michael

“Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.” – George Bernard Shaw

The Mind Of Michael
Speak Your Mind And Read Mine

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 4th, 2005, 4:56 am

Michael you know what A shyster I am, I mean I am a real idiot too. To Paraphrase GBS we now have a government we can no longer afford, it used to be the cheapest government money could buy, but it is getting high dollar to keep the voters focused on what is their true interests, hell I don't care if they are american nazis, it is that they are god dam crooks.
free rice

I used to be smart

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » December 4th, 2005, 12:59 pm

My glance backward into the information wars:

The former mouthpiece of a former empire:

SPIRO THEODORE AGNEW

( link)

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/usa/spiro-t-agnew/

--Z

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 4th, 2005, 6:17 pm

I have not read the link yet kind herr perfessor but just let me say this about that.

You naying nattering nabobs of negativity, My dear govenor of maryland was one of the most honest men in the proud history of the land of pleasant living. I do not think he stole one single piece 18th century furniture from the state house in Annapolis. Unlike say Mandel who backed up a moving van to the govenors mansion when he checked out on his way to prison for high crimes. Yeah Spiro made his chops when he gave the infamous "YOU PEOPLE" speach to black readers after St Martin was murdered. Nixon picked right up on him for his "southern stratigey.

I tell ya Z lets take way 54 forty or fight, remember the alamo, remember the main, lets forget about Belgian nuns getting raped by huns, lets forget 120741, 091101, lets keep our eyes on the prize, and the fire next time, four years and nothing realy done except we are weaker and more open to the next attack.
free rice

I used to be smart

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » December 4th, 2005, 9:18 pm

Let's keep the Bible on the table
and the flag upon the wall . . .

Oh . . .yeah . .

I forgot

boots on the ground . . .

My refuge is Krazy Kat:

http://www.krazy.com/coconino.htm

( click on "strips"-- the date is up to you-- and have fun!)

--Z

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 5th, 2005, 2:50 am

Yeah it was a Sunday today. Prince Valiant and his son are on board a merchant ship on their way back from their adventures with the Sea Dragons and the Picts when they are attacked by Vikings/norsemen they put up a gallant fight a valiant fight, finally after everyone but Prince V and Junior are dead he throws his sword to the deck and says in a loud commanding voice "TERMS"

Yeah thanks for the link. Kind of an Egyptian Cat,

I like that mean nasty Siamese "Bucky" cat. Hobbes the tiger is runing this month I am all ready depressed thinking about the end of the month, just a temporay deal promoting the new C & H compilation.

the Marx, Chico, Harpo and Dishy blonde with the side long look banner is open in front of me. as I write this. Groucho keeps things in perspective for me these days.

going to take two aspirin and call myself in the morning.
edited a little but still a two aspirin.
free rice

I used to be smart

Return to “Open Mike Soundoff”