Post by stilltrucking » July 10th, 2005, 6:06 pm

herbal haiku
cannabis buddha buddy
clears my sinuses

no free brunch
thermodynamics a bitch
better someone to love

but it beats saratonin re uptake inhibitors,
But hey I ain't tom cruze, I don't know all about psychiatry and scientology. Wandering dupont circle back in the sixties, kind of like hyde park soap box spearers, they would cruise the crowd of spectators for recruits. I got swept up in one, found myself locked up in their mansion on Connetticut avenue. But they let me go, kind of like sorry Charlie we want tuna that tastes good not tuna with good taste.

geez partly haiku
mostly ramble
it's only rock and roll

so you can tell a ghost by his limp

oh yes that poem about using a red crayon to draw a heart on a white skeleton. Just read it somewhere,

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » July 10th, 2005, 7:19 pm

off pot
on prozac
husband first

I had another bout with depression, it sucks, another one, signalled with being wired last week one night unable to sleep, i determined I had to stop smoking pot as I have a responsibility to my wife, my job, etc, and got back on Prozac, my old mainstay, until I see the shrink in a couple of weeks. I am sure that I will be on some kind of medication from now on, at least as long as I am working.

I have done cognitive work until am blue in the face, it works, yes, but depression is pain, my nemesis, and I am a survivor, so the serotonin uptake inhibitors prevent my brain fatigue.

Tomorrow back to work, am the relief charge, will see my Zen therapist on Thursday. Limping towards another renewal, renovation, am determined to stay on top, fuck it, I will, by any means necessary.

cubist gesture in red
i am not dead
limping towards enlightenment
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 10th, 2005, 8:49 pm

Limping to love
walking wounded
not a ghost of a chance.

Literary woman
just one to love
no wife, no lovers no responsibilities

Twenty five years of solitude
breaking out
the heart is a harp
From that pale mist
Ghost swore to priest:
there sits no higher court
Than man's red heart
politics of pot
can be deadly
home grown

patriotic
victory garden
arkansas polio weed

yeah I miss the dreams
pot makes me sleep like a log
dead wood

doty old man
hollow
love gnawed

serotonin re uptake inhibitors
not my cup of tea
sliced tendon in pinkie finger

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » July 10th, 2005, 10:32 pm

No scanner yet I drew some screen shots, trying to get perspective. First time I have tried to draw in years. That is one interesting drawing

tomorrow back to work too. spent years on the road with out pot, responsibility of forty tons and a little more. I could paper a closet with all the DOT whiz tests tests I took. When I first started driving I would steer with my elbows while rolling a left handed cigarette. Only heavy machinery I operate these days is a telephone. Not much problem but I usualy don't smoke when I work. Makes me work harder then I have too. Save it for herbage and verbigae

That paining is pretty cognitive jimbo

paper shrouded figure
carries a cross
enfolded lines

really is a interesting drawing
thanks

pooped, out
good night
maestro

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » July 10th, 2005, 11:23 pm

i love that piece, jimbo.... beautifully rendered!

simple lines..... dramatic... yet subtle

i just love it!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » July 10th, 2005, 11:26 pm

Tomorrow back to work, am the relief charge, will see my Zen therapist on Thursday. Limping towards another renewal, renovation, am determined to stay on top, fuck it, I will, by any means necessary.
My sister's philosophy is that the only reason we are here is to prove to ourselves that we can do it, no matter the odds.

I'm edging on taking her up on this and agreeing with it.

The question that comes to mind, though, is why?

I wish I knew.

joel

Post by joel » July 11th, 2005, 8:50 am

A little wind-swept bird told me I traded the rainbow pot-of-gold for colorless binge-and-purge. It asked if I was still waiting to get that prescription for reality and acceptance. "Don't take one and call me in the morning," it insisted. "Take all that medicine at once." Sometimes I'm the man who ends his life because life had lost its great meaning; sometimes I'm the man who lives his life and never believes life had meaning in the first place. Little wind-swept bird, which of these men will your overdose heal?

bartered against wind
undercurrents of hurricane grandeur
lift litter-birds away

intimate moments
measurements against alien beauty
insecure moments blown

cast-iron deep resolve
suns innumerable course overhead
torrents scatter treetops

imaginary
leaves forever oil-on-canvas perfect
leaves never so depart
"Every genuinely religious person is a heretic, and therefore a revolutionary" -- GBShaw

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 11th, 2005, 4:28 pm

imaginary
leaves forever oil-on-canvas perfect
leaves never so depart
jimbo has so many ways of coming at me,

My brother the jitterbug wants to start a religion called It Beats me.

Did someone say "I don't know why?"

moments
silenced solitude
sound of a jet

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » July 11th, 2005, 9:52 pm

i went to work and jammed it pretty good.
we had a marathon.

i had one discharge, discovered her gent friend liked jazz, listens to wmnf on saturday eves, took a transfer, an admit, handed out three others, did multitasking, all dear hearts with grace and perseverance, even smiled at a buddhist doctor,

last thing after the late urine sample, put booties, treaded foot slippers on an old gent, that was it, besides being tickled by the young woman who lost her child at birth two months ago.

fielded numerous phone calls from admitting, docs, pharmacy, nursing super, wielded a number of questions from them all as well as patients and staff, team work all the way, it is satisfying to be sure, we become transcendant, the stream of consciousness takes us there.

started the day with three bows and four vows.

i have a lot of gestures.
here's another

i gotta go to
bed. up at 5 am.
i'll sleep sweetly tonite,
thanks to all,
healing me.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 11th, 2005, 10:51 pm

lines
texture
I feel like I have to see it in three d. texure, I thought it was charcoal on paper. Grabbed my eyes.
still does

not a good day, piddled with hardware, no joy, camera but no scanner. I got to put in twenty hours working for the yankee dollar before sunday or I will have to fire my boss. Dumb joke, I live such a self contained life these days. Hibernating in tropical heat. My chinese zodiac place mat at the restaurant told me I have abundant health. A damn good joke. A good day jimbo, good for you, thinking about that neo-lithic hunter or maybe it was Davy Crockett. Spent a long day, killed a bear, discoverd fire, traded in a rib for a mate, and then a fellow can feel like he has earned a good nights sleep.

thanks doc
artist and healer
beautiful gesture

work
play
love

Return to “Haiku”