Moderator: stilltrucking

stilltrucking

another day another deletion

Post by stilltrucking » May 4th, 2009, 7:50 am

anger is sweet
It leaves me feeling powerful
and nauseous

Anger gives me the adrenalin shakes
I have heard that is how the Quakers got their name.

As the wars wind their way onwards in Afghanistan and Iraq, and Pakistan crumbles.

I am reminded of that song

And One Tin Soldier Rides Away
to his presidential library in Dallas.

I will probably delete this if I get a chance later
sorry

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 4th, 2009, 4:58 pm

if you choose to delete that, take this with you, would ya' ?

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 5th, 2009, 5:49 am

Pay no attention to this post it has been deleted.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 5th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Pay no attention to this post
Do not
I say
Do not
Pay attention to the pink elephant behind the curtain.

The great and Powerful Oz has spoken.

stilltrucking

Re: another day another deletion

Post by stilltrucking » November 14th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Quote:
The only clear morality cowers, despoiled
My morality cowered by reading Genealogy of Morals while tripping my brains out on LSD
Thirty-eight years later I am still dealing with the fruits of that.
Nothing to do with your poem, just tangential thoughts about morality and dumbshow.

I enjoyed the poem, it was food for thought
Quote:
Definitions of Larkinesque on the Web:
Resembling the works or themes of Philip Larkin (1922–1985), English poet and novelist; colloquial, reflective, ironically understated, lugubrious, etc

Maybe it does relate to your poem, I am going to read it again, I just noticed the title. Fibre as in moral fibre?

Quote:
Now comes the eternal now
The eternal return
Amor Fati

if I had the moral fibre for that..
I could stand before my grave like Oedipus at Colonus and say "all is well."

11/15/2010

The Monkey's Paw
Acid Abortion Adultery
Loeb Leopold Nietzsche

I wasn't no superman
Just a creep
I see so clearly now

I Dig it all
Before and After the fall
I dig it all

one of those lifetimes lived like a train wreck
even so
I live

I remember the first time I saw your face
nothing to do with this
just a resonance

anxiety and dread I can live with
easier than guilt and self loathing
my dreads have come to pass
my anxieties I laugh

I am sorry for your loss

11/16/2010

What ever you believe Him to be
Meat, myth, or metaphor for G d
I knew he was a Jew
He had to be with a sense of humor like his.
If we could weaponize Irony
We truly would be the most powerful nation on earth
Do you have a lisp Bennie? I can't tell if you said pissy or pithy.
there is the sarcasm
"I am still just a lump of coal but I will be a diamond someday"

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 18th, 2010, 5:55 pm

brief morning jam
six twenty seven AM cold front moved in
text box open
cursor blinking
cat meows

black callico
speaks to me in cat code
still feral but she comes in from the cold
wary of humans
who think she is funny when she shys away
so they chase her and laugh
she honors me with her trust
when I need to hold her
stroke her soft fur
and listen to her purr
and remember I am a thing called alive

diesel dyke

Post by diesel dyke » November 21st, 2010, 5:28 pm

I used to ramble about senseless death on a highway
forty tons and a little more
such a fine weapon
watching him flip and burn
hot shot in his BMW
didn't know who he was fucking with

Enjoyed your poem,
I don't have as many violent thoughts as I use ta
one the blessings of longevity I suppose

November 22, 1963
suicide by matricide
her throat in my hands
I can still feel the throbbing carotid
and see the look on her face

I think a knife would be my preferred weapon if I was a poet

Laredo Texas
November 24, 1984
Biggest Mexican I ever saw
should never have turned his
back to me
I was reaching in my pocket
but all I had was a one inch pen knife
I am a back stabber and a coward
The cold blooded nature of it
Of my rage
but still I knew the knife was not big enough
But I Never premeditated
thank lucky stars
and amazing grace

Well maybe just once
Astoria Oregon
July 3rd, 1976

Spent a long dark tea time of the soul
trying to figure out how to kill someone
with no fuss no muss
and no thought of getting away with it.
how grateful in the morning light
that I came to my senses and i broke my deathly reverie
and got on the bus
and went back to Tennessee
and joined a Quaker Meeting

since then only once or twice have I had murderous thoughts cross over into consciousness. Been over twenty years.

Always amazed me how cold I felt, no heated passion just cold contemplation of how to kill with out being killed or hurt. they were, cold reptilian brain thoughts.

I suffer from the Norman Bates syndrome
I am a nice guy I would never hurt a fly

the amazing grace that saved a wretch like me
I never have heard music in a dream, maybe once
so long ago.

so sorry
I do ramble too much
nothing to do with your fine poems.
maybe
I enjoy spontaneous
but can be a pest
I am fortunate to be tolerated here on studio eight.

stilltrucking Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:35 pm

November 22, 1963 really did happen
The day Kennedy was murdered
it all came rushing out
that was or almost was a hot blooded murder
only thing that saved me was the expression on her face
not fear but infinite sadness
that night at the tender age of twenty two I ran away from home again
ten years estranged from her till the night we tripped together,
and talked all night
and she told me a joke about a Jewish boy who killed his mother, a terrible crime, he cut her heart out and went running screaming , running down the street with her heart in his hands. And then he tripped and fell, and his mother's heart said to him, "Oi vey, son did you hurt yourself"

"We are made to be immortal, and yet we die. It's horrible, it can't be taken seriously. —ianeskimo"

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » November 28th, 2010, 11:08 am

that is good to know
I read a poem with music once
I wondered about it

artguy on judih artblog
Who will cast the first stone...who of us walks as the crow flies eclipsing the light we follow the shadow stayed behind and now this holy shroud comforts me in the dark to one day awaken and know my own mind as it really is.....obscurity is my staff.......

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtop ... &start=135
and this bit on general relates and resonates
http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtop ... =1&t=19667
Artguy wrote:
Rinpoche said one thing that has been bouncing around in me since Saturday... "If you are capable of falling asleep you are capable of waking up". So damn simple and clear...and now this simple statement is waking things in me I didn't know existed. Below is about my Sangha.
http://nbtoronto.org/
Dreams and wakefulness blurs
in jamming
it is all ways just now
as I make my way
each day
each night
jam to jam
free rice

I used to be smart

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 12th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Tacitus redux.

"If the Pennsylvania Railroad has no further business for us to conduct I move that we adjourn." A member of the Pennsylvania state legislature a hundred years ago. Corruption and politics as American as apple pie. Nothing new about it except the scale of it.

I don't know dadio. It seems to me corruption and corporations have more to do with our problems than complexity. Maybe I just like Tacitus, he has such a modern voice. So many comparisons made between the Roman Empire and our empire. But I don't thank our brand is as robust as Rome's. I don't think it will take a thousand years for our empire to fall.

It is all turtles from here on down; I wish I was a poet. I could express this more better. Too many dots running round my head, too many to connect..

>>>>>>After The Deluge
been a long time coming.

Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad
Supreme Court decision
The Panic of 1903 and federal government over riding state laws
against bucket shops
Repeal of The Glass-Steagall Act of 1933
and Credit Default swaps
Deregulation
Get big government off the backs of our captains of industry
The invisible hand that guides the market place is jacking off
these are some of my favorite things
And those that remember the past are doomed to repeat it.
Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here, could it?

Don't mind me I am just a little paranoid.
This crypto Christian fascist cosmic swirl is getting to me
America is going crazy again.
Or maybe it is me.
Where do the children play?

Sorry for the ramble dadio

Arcadia I hope we rebound from our coming crash as well as Argentina has. You all have come a long way. I read an article which I can't find, the guy runs down each country that he thought was making real progress, I think Bolivia was one, and Argentina another. I wish I could find it all found so far is this one.
Liberty for Latin America: How to Undo 500 Years of State Oppression
http://www.carnegiecouncil.org/resource ... /5130.html
everything will be fine
in deep time
what does it matter
in the cosmic flow

it is only money after all
maybe there won't be a crash
the Dow Jones average is over a 11.000
I am just a discontent with civilization
I must be confusing the forlorn rags of my old age with the the state of the union.

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 27th, 2010, 10:52 am

Yes I love war poems, I love wilford owens I love dead heroes, wonderful poem mr turner. Thank you for the private message,

Quote:
**My personal imagining, that if the dead do see this world it would be to them strange and meaningless

Yes as judih said if only the living could seee how strange and meaningless it is.

I should delete this because it is angry and insensitive but the papers here in Corpus Christi are full of pictures of dead heroes and I am sick of it. Heart sick and anguished, I was tossed out of a Quaker meeting cause i could not stop talking about the god dam war. Wars.

Last edited by tarbaby on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We need the book.
Never too late
Do it
It just might help

Please put the anger down to how moved I was by your poem. I don't know about the book and I don't know about war. But I do think it helps to write about it.

free rice

I used to be smart

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 7th, 2011, 7:18 am

Soldiers of Christ: Insider America's Most Powerful Megachurch
Harper's Magazine/November 2, 2006
By Jeff Sharlet

The idea of applying market economics to religion originated not within evangelicalism, nor even in the petri dishes of the laissez-faire think tanks in D.C., but with a sociologist from the University of Washington named Rodney Stark, whose work has won a broad readership beyond his discipline. Stark (who now teaches at Baylor, a Baptist university in Texas) and various collaborators began interpreting religious-affiliation data through the lens of neoliberal market theory in the 1980s. The very best sort of religious economy, insists Stark, is one unregulated by either the state or large denominations. Left to form, change, and die organically, Stark believes, churches will naturally come to meet the populace's diverse spiritual needs, which he divides into a spectrum of six “niches” akin to a left/right political scheme. He argues that the law of the market spurs new religious movements, which start out small, in “high tension” with the society around them, at the “ultra-conservative” end of the spectrum. As these sects grow, their tension usually decreases—that is, writes Stark, they dilute the “seriousness” of their faith—until they eventually drift to the “ultra-liberal” end. Implicit is that there is a natural and fairly steady demand for religion that needs only to find expression in a properly varied supply.

Despite its dense and academic prose, Stark's work has won a wide readership among local pastors, who have propagated his ideas through the cell-group structure. On the surface, at least, the evangelical enthusiasm for Stark's work might seem somewhat puzzling. Certainly Stark does celebrate the entrepreneurial, “ultra-conservative” church as the engine of religious vigor. And yet he also seems to promise fundamentalists that their eventual fate will be moderation, or pluralistic irrelevance, or both.

In fact, the analogy with free-market economics holds up quite neatly. Stark is an economist of religion; his theory tells him with confidence that unfettered markets will lead to competition, diversity, pluralism, a hundred flowers blooming. His fundamentalist adherents, by contrast, are like businessmen, who understand and approve of where the theory leads in practice: toward consolidation, toward control, toward manufacture of demand. What the most farsighted are doing—Pastor Ted chief among them—is fostering something like Stark's spectrum of “niches,” but all within the confines of their individual megachurches. They are building aisles and aisles in which everyone can find something, but behind it all a single corporate entity persists, and with it an ideology.

In devising New Life's small-group system, Pastor Ted says that he asked himself and his staff a simple question: Do you like your neighbors? And, for that matter, do you even know your neighbors? The answers he got—the Golden Rule to the contrary—were “Not really” and “No.” Okay, said Pastor Ted, so why would you want to be in a small group with them? His point was that arbitrary small groups would make less sense than self-selected groups organized around common interests. Hence New Life members can choose among small groups dedicated to motorcycles, or rock climbing, or homeschooling, or protesting outside abortion clinics.

But Pastor Ted's true genius lies in his organizational hierarchy, which ensures ideological rigidity even as it allows for individual expression. Not just anyone can lead a small group, much less a section; a battery of personality and spiritual tests must be undergone first, as well as an official background check. Once chosen, group leaders meet regularly with their own leaders in the chain of command, and members are encouraged to jump the chain and speak to a higher level if they think their leader is straying into “false teachings”—moral relativism, ecumenism, or even “Satanism,” in the form of New Age notions such as crystal healing.

http://jeffsharlet.com/content/wp-conte ... christ.pdf

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » January 13th, 2011, 9:27 pm

I gotta lotta ramble to scramble on the gall of it all
nothing to do with all this
just my baggage
should I
what the heck
why not
I sure ain't worried about Clay taking offense

nothing to do with this

interesting organ
aren't the gall glands of a bear value as an aphrodisiac

thinking about the bear my dear old texas brother in law, big old friendly kid till he stepped between an angry father beating on his daughter, and got his gall bladder shot out.

the gall of it all

cheep wine and pot
and this is what it will get you
just go round me clay.

Vocab:
Febrile
Mumbo Jumbo
Origins and usageThe phrase probably originated from the Mandingo name Maamajomboo, a masked dancer that took part in religious ceremonies.
---wikipedia
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

mnaz

Post by mnaz » January 15th, 2011, 7:36 pm

"The idea of applying market economics to religion originated not within evangelicalism, nor even in the petri dishes of the laissez-faire think tanks in D.C., but with a sociologist from the University of Washington named Rodney Stark, whose work has won a broad readership beyond his discipline. Stark (who now teaches at Baylor, a Baptist university in Texas) and various collaborators began interpreting religious-affiliation data through the lens of neoliberal market theory in the 1980s."

geez man, i was there, in school, at the time... might have seen him walking past red square (red, due to bricks) or suzzallo library, or the hub, or somewhere. man, never saw that bushwhacking coming. should have. did, in some ways. on the other hand, maybe the privatized corporate, 'free market' model is the answer to our ills? seems little else has worked through the centuries...

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » January 17th, 2011, 12:30 am

Sorry mnaz I guess I have to use the old sleep on it excuse. I can't get my head around what you are saying. One thing on my mind, I accidentally deleted one of your posts about a year ago. I hit the wrong button and poof it was gone. Pissed me off.

It was a dam fine posts and so is this one, not trying to dodge the issue, but I am. Let me add one note Bus number 19 and the Israeli woman who was there at one of those Corporate Christian Zionist Mega Churches convention in Los Angles, she was there as a representative of the Israeli Tourism department. The reporter asked why she was there and she said "Money" they are the only ones who come, then something about she thought they were all a bunch of antisemitics and she would just as soon be someplace more pleasant but duty called.

sorry bro
going to get back to you with some intelligent comments on what ever it was you said.'

at this point my fangers have grown spastic on the keys

thanks for the comment I don't feel so lonely thinking about them. It all seems like Oz to me. But it is all too human. Got dam munchkins better look out for themselves
Last edited by tinkerjack on January 17th, 2011, 1:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
free rice

I used to be smart

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » January 17th, 2011, 1:26 am

:oops:
I sobered up a little
let me try to get back to you on this again

"The idea of applying market economics to religion originated not within evangelicalism, nor even in the petri dishes of the laissez-faire think tanks in D.C., but with a sociologist from the University of Washington named Rodney Stark, whose work has won a broad readership beyond his discipline. Stark (who now teaches at Baylor, a Baptist university in Texas) and various collaborators began interpreting religious-affiliation data through the lens of neoliberal market theory in the 1980s."

geez man, i was there, in school, at the time... might have seen him walking past red square (red, due to bricks) or suzzallo library, or the hub, or somewhere. man, never saw that bushwhacking coming. should have. did, in some ways. on the other hand, maybe the privatized corporate, 'free market' model is the answer to our ills? seems little else has worked through the centuries...
Do you really mean that on the other hand?

Seems to me what has worked very well through the centuries is warfare

I am wondering if those munchkins might have not had it so bad after all. Just what was it that the Wizard did that was so wrong?

I have no doubt the meek shall inherit the earth
I am Dorothy the meek and the small
free rice

I used to be smart

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”