Kermit's wisdom

Lucid confusions & confessions by Doreen Peri.

Moderator: Doreen Peri

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Kermit's wisdom

Post by Doreen Peri » November 5th, 2009, 6:14 pm

"How important are the visual arts in our society? I feel strongly that the visual arts are of vast and incalculable importance. Of course I could be prejudiced. I am a visual art." - Kermit the Frog

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 7th, 2009, 12:12 am

Hahahahaha! Brilliant! I love Jim Henson!

What a great quote!

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » November 7th, 2009, 11:02 am

I love Kermit and Jim Henson, too. I've been spending a lot of my time with an autistic girl who adores Sesame Street. I've dived deep in recalling all of my childhood episodes to bring it back to life for her the best I'm able. Cheers Cheers to Jim.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 7th, 2009, 12:14 pm

He was a genius! A creative genius! The Muppets are timeless. Sesame Street is a work of genius! He died too young. 54.

That's great that you're spending time with her!

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » November 8th, 2009, 12:06 pm

Sesame Street

C is for Cookie

The episodes I've been thinking of that played a big role in values or thoughts as a child were the guy in the hat who'd go to buy a sandwich. Grover was his waiter. I'd pay a lot of attention to what was happening in those. I liked Super Grover a lot too. And Oscar happy with his trash, I thought it was great. As for a book, one of my all time favs was Monster at the End of the Book.
I'll start thinking about Muppet's now too. I grew on Kermit and Miss Piggy as well. Of course I loved Animal. Fragle Rock, Dark Crystal. Was great tv on Saturday Mornings.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Artguy

Post by Artguy » November 8th, 2009, 7:33 pm

Poor Miss Piggy..never did get her man....

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 11th, 2009, 1:13 pm

It's Sesame Street's 40th Birthday!

Yesterday, I believe.

YAY!

Thanks for the links, SLDame!

Artguy, Ms. Piggy is Every Woman. LOL

I had a discussion not too long ago on another website about the class system. Well it wasn't *about* social classes, per se, but that was part of the discussion, a side trip.

Anyway, somebody said they thought Oscar represented the low class homeless person.

I think that's nonsense! He's just a grouchy puppet who lives in a trash can! He's not supposed to represent the homeless or anything of the sort! He's just supposed to represent a grouch... someone with a bad attitude... who happens to be a puppet living in a trash can.

:lol:

Return to “Infinity Sideways”