let's do lunch

This is Constantine's artlog. He posted his poems in his own artlog forum for several years. He named the forum "Constantinople" and described it as "A byzantine journey through life's labyrinth."
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
constantine

let's do lunch

Post by constantine » May 1st, 2008, 8:17 pm

as she spoke to me for the last time
all i could think was get on with it
you've taken enough of my time already
thanks for packing my stuff so neatly
bless you for your swift consideration
my only regret is...
gee whiz
somebody help me with this one!
Last edited by constantine on May 2nd, 2008, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 1st, 2008, 8:52 pm

my only regret

Not going sooner.

lunch sounds good

At Hausner's on Eastern Avenue
We can listen to the short wave radio messages from Berlin in the secrete room.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

constantine

Post by constantine » May 1st, 2008, 9:14 pm

i heard about that. herr haussner was a crafty one. always liked their cakes, and the black and white bar.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 1st, 2008, 9:51 pm

Truly my only regret was letting that condom get away.

I realize that my experience is a hundred and eighty degrees away from your poem.

yeah I was just joking about the hausners, baltimore nostalgia, from a mostly happy childhood. The worse nightmares came about 12.

Sounds like yours was not so.

I don't think a lover has ever wasted my time, I was thinking about dylan's
song about standing on the dark side of the road.

Geezers thrive on broken hearts
my fondest wish is to live long enough to have another.
that is why I do my existential strip tease
even if that train has left the station
I can still dream

good night
Free Rice

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

constantine

Post by constantine » May 1st, 2008, 10:09 pm

on the contrary, those were the best days of my life (my childhood.) still though, that is by comparison.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 1st, 2008, 10:50 pm

that not leaving soon enough a double entendre

They were strange days, mostly happy too, I read to much into a poem like candyland, the bit about the siblings for example.

there I go getting literal and cross threaded again

Probably because I am tired, I am not that smart when even after a good night's sleep.
Free Rice

constantine

Post by constantine » May 2nd, 2008, 6:55 pm

what makes the hottentot so hot? what has he got that i ain't got? where the hell can i get some pot? nice curls!

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 2nd, 2008, 10:31 pm

what makes the hottentot so hot? what has he got that i ain't got? where the hell can i get some pot?
:D
Do You do that in your sleep?

Thanks for the compliment on the hair do. I was afraid it looked too effeminate, I thought the red ribbon was a nice touch. Hmmm, should I have used an emoticon here?

I have had many happy days since childhood. And hardly any nightmares as intense as those I had when I was a kid.

I still remember some of them.
being taking down through a man hole cover on eastern avenue into a underground hospital where little boys were changed into girls. Maybe Freud was onto something with Oedipus? He maybe a practical joke as a psychologist, but that old man is the archeologist of my soul.

"I know the location of every crumb of happiness that has fallen through the cracks" yabyum a long time ago, quoted from memory.

No idea what this all has to do with your original post
just chit chat I guess.
Last edited by gypsyjoker on May 2nd, 2008, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Rice

constantine

Post by constantine » May 2nd, 2008, 11:19 pm

yeah, i had a nightmare about a sewer hole on ponca and eastern - a gnarled claw-tipped hand reached out and grabbed my ankle and tried to pull me in. rather generic compared to yours. you ever get into henry darger.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 2nd, 2008, 11:25 pm

henry darger
No
but I will take a look at him, see what I can find..

I would any appreciate any comments you might have about him
Free Rice

constantine

Post by constantine » May 2nd, 2008, 11:35 pm

he spent a lot of his life in institutions. when he died, they found a vast collection of his artwork - strange collages that revolved around this alternate universe that had this rebel group of youngsters called the vivian girls - they were girls, but they had penises. he also wrote this 15,000 page chronicle of that world. this is a skeletal explanation. google him. his art is fascinating and disturbing. have a book on his art. very unique. some believe he strangled and molested a young girl, but it wasn't proven. there are dark overtones - freudian type shit - that runs through his work. i think he did murder the girl and he retreated into this fantasy realm to escape the self-torment and guilt, but that is just my take on it. still, his artwork is worth checking out.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 2nd, 2008, 11:57 pm

Thanks for the info on Darger.

Freud, what is Freudian type shit?

I see Freud as a cultural anthropologist not a psychologist.

He said that where ever he went with his theories, a poet had been there first.

A pictures of Freud's study with artifacts from ancient cultures.

Last edited by gypsyjoker on May 3rd, 2008, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free Rice

constantine

Post by constantine » May 3rd, 2008, 12:05 am

what i meant was freud in the classical psychological sense. oedipus/elektra - simplistic usage to be sure. i'm no authority on freudian psychology and am even less familiar on his life and pursuits, though i do think i have a handle on human behavior, or at least more than the average bear. i will be more careful next time. i agree with him about poets. the ancient greek tragedians seemed to anticipate freud by 1500 years.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 3rd, 2008, 12:12 am

No. sorry Freud a touchy subject for me. My father a tortured soul, may he rest in peace. He looked to Freud for a cure. My father a child of the 19th century, literaly.

He was an atheist Jew my trinity as a child was the ego, id, and super ego. My childhood took a dark turn when I was pubescent. It was then that we moved from my happy home in that house at Eastern and Caroline to the house that used to stand at Orleans and Forests streets at the foot of the Orleans street viaduct. The house with the trapdoor in the floor that led to a basement that smelled of dead rats and maggots. Where I spent many hours in the pitch black in fear and contemplation.

I have come to regard it as my father's greatest gift to me, after this life he also created.

Did you know Geobbels was a student of Freud's theories of human behavior. Freud's nephew a man named Bernays. He studied his uncle well. ANd Goebells had several of his books on his shelf. THe Engineering of consent, how to use fear to manipulate the unconscious of he masses.
Last edited by gypsyjoker on May 3rd, 2008, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free Rice

constantine

Post by constantine » May 3rd, 2008, 12:19 am

sounds like an interesting man. my father was an atheist as well - very intelligent, diverse in his interests. he was a poet and philosopher. i was very lucky; he had his quirks - as we all do, but i worshiped him when i was young, and miss him more and more as i get older.

Return to “Constantinople – (A collection of Constantine's poetry)”