better late than never

Tell us about you.
creativesoul

Re: better late than never

Post by creativesoul » February 14th, 2011, 6:47 pm

love to you all - and thank you doreen for making this place what it is- a safe creative haven.. aloha
Last edited by creativesoul on June 8th, 2012, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » March 18th, 2011, 10:30 pm

howdy hi there...
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

wesley snow

Post by wesley snow » May 24th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Well Doreen, you said you once removed this forum because no one used it. That was in 2008 that you made that last comment. It's not looking good.
Nevertheless, I am not the sort to shy from convention, so here is my post (small I hope) with a few correctly spelled words about myself.
Call me Wesley. Some people call me other things, but I've never much cared for names with body parts in them, so Wesley will do.
I am beginning my second year as an "internet poet". I don't know my anniversary, but since no one will celebrate one way or the other I suspect it's not something I need to write down. Let's just say...about a year now.
I learned of Studio Eight through Doreen Peri's gracious invitation.
I live in California where I have been a professional horse trainer for the last twenty five years. Before that I taught ballroom dancing in a number of different studios (chiefly Arthur Murray's International).

I am a storyteller first and a poet second. I have been writing poetry (as opposed to prose) for about seven years now. Although I write many other smaller poems, my passion, my obsession over these years has been the production of a very (VERY) large gest. A romantic, fantasy adventure entitled "Caco, Man of the Morning Star".
My chief reason for searching out a poet's website was to post and obtain critical observations of this "opus". The people surrounding me in my life are special and talented in any number of ways, but not a one of them writes...anything, much less poetry. And so I write in a vacuum. Because I think the work is good, I needed either vindication of this feeling or at the least, to "get straightened out". Thankfully, I have received a little bit of both. Unfortunately, the "little" should be capitalized. Due to the poem's great size, it is understandably hard to ask of perfect strangers the time and effort reguired to aid me.
But here I am at Studio Eight hoping to share some of my other poetry and (without alienating vast swaths of the website) some of my larger poem.
In this past year I have discovered that there was a second benefit to my joining an internet community. I have been positively flabbergasted at the range and talent of all these "amateur" poets and would I to give up on the gest tomorrow (not gonna happen) I would remain in places like this for the joy and enlightenment.
So here I am Doreen. Just try to get rid of me now.
Wesley Snow
May 24, 2011

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » May 25th, 2011, 3:46 am

great place to transform and watch others write it out as well- aloha

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 25th, 2011, 8:19 am

Hey Wesley! Welcome! Glad you took me up on the invitation and found your way here.... looking forward to reading your poetry... I'm sure many here will enjoy it! Great intro! I didn't know you trained horses. Very cool!

Christopher T. George

Re: Chris George from Baltimore

Post by Christopher T. George » June 8th, 2012, 8:52 am

Christopher T. George wrote:Hi All

Nice to see a number of familiar faces here. Friends will know me from Poetry in Baltimore and maybe other sites as well. I look forward to meeting new people here as well. Doreen, I have emailed you and hope to hear back from you soon. It's great to be here!!!

Chris
Hi Doreen

I am back after an absence of four years. Seems an eternity. Good job you sent me an email. I have signed up once again and am looking forward to participating. As the title to the thread says, "better late than never" or should that be "a prodigal son returns"? :D

Right now, I am working to meet a major deadline in my work as a medical editor in Washington, D.C.. Also besides being a poet and songwriter, I am a historian with interests in the War of 1812 and Jack the Ripper. With the Bicentennial of the War of 1812 being here, I have a number of talks coming up, including going over the England to speak at a conference at the University of London on "The War of 1812: Memory and Myth, History and Historiography" on July 12-14.

Best regards

Chris
Editor, [url=http://www.thedesertmoonreview.com]Desert Moon Review[/url]
Co-Editor, [url=http://www.lochravenreview.net]Loch Raven Review[/url]
[url=http://chrisgeorge.netpublish.net/index.htm]http://chrisgeorge.netpublish.net/index.htm[/url]

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » July 4th, 2012, 3:20 pm

Watched a show on the war last week, it was actually about the British Empire, but they had a fair bit about the that war.the British narrarator did not roll his eyes when he mentioned Johnny Horton's The Ballad of 1812.

Good to see you back homey.

Spent the best years of my childhood rambling the port of Baltimore from Fells Point to Ft McHenry, The conference sounds very interesting, if I ever win the lotto I am going to buy a subscription to every journal that interests me
Happy landings.

speaking of naval songs from the war of 1812
I liked this tune a lot better

Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » May 29th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Hey Steve--aloha- funny how we are all connected in some way-

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » September 8th, 2013, 1:59 pm

hey hey - it is a great day!!
:mrgreen:

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » July 16th, 2014, 12:55 am

What an amazing journey! Knowing all of you this way- almost more intimately in some ways then more - the beauty- all that has happened- in another level I have Dino and rod - and a whole bunch of love I want to give you all back- as fragile and as strong- brave words tide you- peace

Artguy

Post by Artguy » August 3rd, 2014, 10:23 am

Just a simple painter who's lost his way...baa baaa black sheep have you any wool?

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » August 10th, 2014, 7:05 pm

yep- a few bags full

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » October 30th, 2014, 6:45 pm

The gray came two days after moving to Portland
The bridges accross the river glistened In a farewell
To summer and her last gasps of hot air

Happiest while feeling love
Fall came in stomped his feet
Leaves fell and circled
The earth swallowed thier dreams
Losing composure
Storm came- a younger loving naive woman
Took fall to winter
Winter was never really sure what to do
Some go south
Attachments
image.jpg

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » August 13th, 2017, 1:27 am

:mrgreen:

Return to “Introductions”