Does anybody know me?

Tell us about you.
SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 3rd, 2010, 7:35 am

Competing? Not competing in writing, we write, that's what we do and then we have a duet or a dance, the waltz...I thought it a beautiful conversation and I was most glad of this...
her private thoughts
a lamp unto herself
in the forest silence
she heard
His frozen breath
falling softly as snow
that covered his foot prints
and she was alone again.
Then I became completely transported to her photo, the recollection of a time I spent in a place like it, plus the returns, which led me to my drunken confessions of indifference and where indifference led, was fairytale places like it.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 3rd, 2010, 9:21 am

what i love most about these threads is that apparently you two are communicating on levels deeper and farther into some other space and time than i can even fathom

in other words, it's very clear that you understand each other explicitly and it's such a beautiful thing....!

I feel like i'm eavesdropping on a private conversation because i can understand very little of it... if any... lol ;)

just a side comment from the peanut gallery

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 3rd, 2010, 10:50 am

Thanks Doreen
I think Dame understands me better than I do her
which is spooky for me.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMk5r5e6_Rw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMk5r5e6_Rw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 3rd, 2010, 11:03 pm

I'm extremely shy, but it's about if you show me yours, then I'll show you mine. Illusions and very deep pockets.
I likes this one--
spooky
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 4th, 2010, 8:52 am

I can show you this one

Indifference is sweet to me
I would rather have your indifference
Then sweet lies.

I feel at home, at ease, relieved by the
la tendre indifference du monde

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 6th, 2010, 3:01 pm

I've perfected the act of it, now I'm trying to draw conclusions on it and the ifs, whys and I'm stuck in my head, but I'm relieved you see it nicely, cause I keep thinking how much imagination I have, but how terrible I am at lies, I'm too imaginative and I'm too honest. It's a strange combination.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 6th, 2010, 7:59 pm

it is like sunshine to me

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 6th, 2010, 8:02 pm

It's a hell of a lot easier than pretending to be tender, I like the ease of it. lol, that makes me nutty I s'pose.
~Lewis Carroll

one of those jerks

Post by one of those jerks » March 7th, 2010, 1:51 pm

Let me introduce myself

I likes to eat an Almond Joy when I feels like a nut.

I liked that novel a lot
The one with the line about the tender indifference of the stars. The Stranger. Makes me feel easy to know that the I am not the be all and end all.

Women have lives of their own I am sure. We men in our vanity think their only interest is us.

The Virginia Woolf Effect

"Women have served all these centuries as looking-glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of man at twice its natural size."
She is twice the man I am.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 8th, 2010, 9:05 pm

What should I tell you? That some days you're everyone here or however I go into it, that you're the rabbit too sent to punish me, and also dearly mingled and Jimboed, you're all but me, except some days I doubt and other days it's something else. You might catch me in the mood to congratulate you on such a fantastic or I might be inclined to show you much of my heart briefly, especially if I'd been considering all you'd been or had possibly done! to of done would mean gigantic and my emotions hit the roof, then another torment might hit me and I'll be terribly left lonely and seething mad if I think all sorts of saddening thoughts, etc. I'll go on like this in my head to sleep.

It doesn't matter any except to tell you I've already accepted you just as I interpret you, if that says anything at all. :P

And I'll be different every day, but no, I don't know you at all, I just allow myself to think I do and it's about giving permission to let my head go or pull it back.

I've thought about it often, of not jumping I mean, and I've considered not jumping for years, but if I don't jump then I'll only have what everyone else has who won't risk the jump and it's a more attractive option in the deep blue seas, if I'm honest, I'd rather the adventure at the expense of suffering embarrassment and assurance, or going loony. At least it's an entertainment.
Last edited by SadLuckDame on March 8th, 2010, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lewis Carroll

myrna minkoff

Post by myrna minkoff » March 8th, 2010, 9:50 pm

I may be indifferent to women.
I am sure of it.
That is why I am so crazy about Myrna.
Right out of my worst nightmares about women.

"What happens between Myrna and Ignatius is like no other boy-meets-girl story in my experiences." Walker Percy from the introduction to A Conferacy of Dunces.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 8th, 2010, 9:57 pm

My apologies on the edit, I was adding the end piece cause my brain was having a continued conversation and I missed your post. I'm gonna have to google Myrna, I've never read of her before.
~Lewis Carroll

myrna minkoff

Post by myrna minkoff » March 8th, 2010, 10:10 pm

I don't know who you are Dame, I don't try to figure you out. I spent thirty years on the road with Anne Sexton and Sylvia Plath.

Trying to figure out them. I give up. What would I know about women's issues or why a woman would drink herself to death. Same reason Jack Kerouac did I guess.

I don't know what goes on in those marvelous bodies of yours. You are all the same to me below your chins. Working with out a net. Yes I am indifferent to women.

"It is love that gnaws me"

Some how when I read the profile of any one sockpuppet I look for an invisible design. As if I know what am doing. As if there is a begining and end to these random text boxes.

The webpage did not work out. Bullshit, no upload of html documents no hyperlinks.

RE: this bit
from another thread
Good Riddance to Print
For hundreds of years, we’ve been consuming information on static pages, and for the most part, this content has been presented with a beginning, middle and end. Nonlinear, digital platforms will prompt a new range of thinking about stories and how to tell them.
I am going back to my faith in irrational forces like the invisible hand that controls the marketplace.

The last men on earth, the last intact male
Oedipus got nothing on me

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 8th, 2010, 10:26 pm

Sorry Dame I missed your edit, I was posting again while you were editing.

This bit
you're the rabbit too sent to punish me

I am sorry Dame, I am not the one to punish anyone. I must have a sadistic streak. Don't get me started on the Freudian shit. The Economy of Mascochism. Amazes me that so many educated women are still so interested in Freud. Maybe it is a matter of "hold your enemy closer"

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 8th, 2010, 10:47 pm

I mean no harm from saying it, I just like to be with the heads and tails, that's all. I like the nursery rhyme "A girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead", just meant it with that way of looking at things. And I don't think I've ever liked Freud. Besides, I'm brand new at reading and more-so at examining what it is I've read, so I'm more inclined to not know who said what or if it's a Freud thing I've implied or Jung or more likely Chaplin (something I'd grown up with in the head). I'm just a silly girl, better at remembering mother goose.

You didn't throw me out.
I'd like to read that book. I need to make a new list, because I'll be buying some here this month. A minx, that stirred memory.

But, just do as you do, if I weren't here responding with you then I've little doubt I'd be anywhere to practice writing. I'm so disinterested in so many things, and think I might have ADHD (everyone does), but I'm not at all ever disinterested here, I'm not at all bored and I go to sleep great, dream good...all healthy signs.
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “Introductions”