Long Time No See

Tell us about you.
robertsnw

Long Time No See

Post by robertsnw » July 20th, 2010, 3:53 pm

alot of names i see and remember from years ago. anyway. . . .

I'm Nick, used to write alot on these things when i was in the military (Navy) and when i got out. Had a great 3 years of freedom, wrote a few books, started one that still haunts and nags at the back of my brain. Fell in love, got married, had children, quit writing.

Play/write music now more than anything, but feel myself gravitaty towards the less constrained freedom of the typewriter again. and it's a good thing.
Missed it.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » July 20th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Nick! Great to see you, sailor! It's been eons!

You wrote some books? Fell in love, got married, had children? Wow! Great news.... I'm so happy for you!

Where can I get a book? *smile*

I'd love to hear some of your music, too.... do you have any mp3s?

:) :) :)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 20th, 2010, 7:37 pm

nice seeing yr handle around these parts.

yes, it has been a long time... long enough for you to finish the Navy, get married and have children. congratulations!

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » July 30th, 2010, 1:07 pm

Welcome back, Nick , we appreciate your service. May God be with you & yours.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » July 31st, 2010, 12:35 am

Nice to meet you, Nick.
Welcome.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

robertsnw

Post by robertsnw » August 5th, 2010, 10:52 am

Thanks for all the kind words;

yep the children. my daughter turns 5 tommorow, my son turns 1 a week from then, I turn 30 4 days after. "old man take a look at my life. . . "

As for books i wrote a small series, "purity", "still awaiting baptism", and "lost" which all seem out of order in terms of growth, but that's how they came out, and an unfinished novel entitled "visions of enoch", which is the one that haunts me, that i need to finish, to throw away and come back to

as fer mp3's. Recording with some friends, i play acoustic and slide guitar, my good friend plays a mean harp (harmonica) and my other buddy got the drums and electric. I'll try and record an mp3 or me by myself and send it to you doreen with the promise that it'll be kept under your hat.

Thanks for the welcome, it's good to be writing again. Haven't really written since the birth of my daughter, all the words seemed to move away from me, and they are slowly coming back, gotta learn the craft again.

Nick

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » August 6th, 2010, 8:00 pm

hi nick,
good to see you here. happy birthdays to all of you.

Return to “Introductions”