Mile Marker Zion

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 29th, 2009, 1:38 am

All you guys are in danger of being charged with righteousness for being who you are.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 29th, 2009, 2:04 am

PS - This cake I'm eating is a killer - triple chocolate through & through. It ain't sex but might as well be seeing the satisfaction at the end is very nearly the same. Yum. Triple Yum.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 29th, 2009, 2:13 am

The following afterimages occurred naturally from background babble.

{ ... fabulous chariot fantastic revolutions...patriots & tyrants... voyages ...breasts...praying phantoms & hallucinations & other plucked monsters (excuse please, having fun here Image ) ...seasons record salvation's art as the magician stands tormented by his absurd medicines and what the hell no religious man expects to martyrize into holy flame at any moment while singing... ( I'm tripped up on the word simultaneous. If it hadn't been for my pocket derringer dictionary just now all might have been lost)...while singing rhymes simultaneously in several languages...dealing in overlapping territories of consciousness myth becomes bridegroom of the most erotic among both youth and the aged seeking to touch the everlasting in flesh alone...the poisoned heart is all any of us has...fasten your mirrors ... }

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 29th, 2009, 12:53 pm

My immediate surroundings include a vitamin c tablet, 12 cents represented by a 1989 dime and two pennies from the early '50's, an empty pay envelope upon which is drawn a boat thing and above it the word "verge", a half empty coffee cup with a turtle on it with trees growing out of his back, and seven Hershey Kisses wrapped in dark purple foil. All gathered together like I have them they look like a village of chocolate tipis.

9.4 degrees above zero. One thing about winter, no mosquitoes, no biting flies.

All wheel drive is the greatest thing since raspberry pie.

When all the women fell from the sky
and became bone
became wives
became mothers
that's when all the rivers
ran backwards from the sea
and the wind spent all night
erasing the roads with white

I was goin' to say something about some song but another song has already taken it's place. A song to listen to out in the vast grasslands to the west. A song of growing pains and being held accountable for choosing what to shed what to reveal what to steal away with. A song of wrongs done once to remain until the grave. O mama.

Feeding back pages into the dolphin's smile. The surface of the mind looks like a painted desert but beneath lie mountains and seas. And sailors.

You can sail on a song. It's true. Shipwreck or treasure. Or both.

Starship heart.

Quick ! Bring me Tori Amos! I've got my hands on the wheel of a Jeep and believe me I already know what the woman likes.

She likes me to call her Betty.

Hallelujah.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 29th, 2009, 1:07 pm

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » December 29th, 2009, 1:35 pm

consider yourself very lucky today as we desert dwellers high up above the sea are freezing our delicate asses off with 34 degrees and fog over the franklin mountains, covered with snow as are all the rooftops I can see from the south facing windows. Mexico is obliterated... non-existent and very cold... maybe that will spoil a murderous intent for a day... if the victims are lucky... one final day to live and see the snow and cold children without suitable clothing, shivering in the alleyways...

You're lucky today, up north where snow is a winter constant, I reckon. Lucky that the forest that surrounds you has gotten another blanket of snow to keep the roots of the Tall People from shriveling up and gasping for water... spring will reward you with greenery popping up whistling love songs in the key of C for all the good citizens of the north to celebrate the coming of life once more to your area.

My mate and I are lucky ... lucky to be warmed from winter's chill by the panel heater only inches from where we sit at the big table, crouched over our laptops sending cyber-signals across the e-skies for any internet user to listen up and say to themselves how lucky they are, too, to be connected to this e-world of cyber-bums out on the net jazzing up their lives with stories and possibilities of where their own lives may one day take them... if they are lucky...

it always comes down to luck... Lady Luck... it's always a Lady when it comes to Luck... because if we're lucky somewhere in our lives there is a Lady .... dressed in red with her hair pulled up in a bun that sits on the back of her head so we can be hypnotized by the Lady's beauty... a beauty that everyone can see... maybe the Lady is lucky for her beauty or maybe her beauty makes for our luck... lucky to see.

Thx, el mingo, for the cuppa joe and the sit. Gotta hit the cyber-trail and see what's up. I'll take a couple of them chocolate teepees with me, if'n you don't mind... Im another choco-holic thanks the those Mayan's... lucky folks until the Spaniards came snooping around looking for gold... always the shiny stuff is what the greedy eye admires, eh?

btw: nice picture... i see a ribbon in there. ribbons are good... signifies gifts both given and received... blue ribbons are symbolic of winter gifts that sparkle like frost in the moonlight, no rush to open until the sun comes up lighting up the new day.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » December 29th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Artguy mentioned the northern lights, and then I stumble in to see your beautiful picture--reminiscent. Between the two of you-- we've some treats to explore with our eyes.
I thought it reminded me of a newborn lizard or tadpole. Brand spankin' new and pure. So enjoyable, mingo, as often and always, looking through your imagination.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 29th, 2009, 11:08 pm

Thanks mt. I didn't realize the ribbon 'til you mentioned it. And then the thing about gifts.
I found this on a scout through backstreet and field and beyond to the forest. I was looking to discover something or maybe I was just answering the call. I gave it out near much as I found it as that was the challenge. It was difficult to resist doing more with it. But I stood to ground I'm sure of and let all that pass over me.

Thanks mt, and for the piece ya posted here too.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 29th, 2009, 11:17 pm

D - Thank you, Dame. Between your thoughts and the thoughts of mt lies the name of this piece. I didn't have one for it and now I know why. It's name is Tadpole Ribbon from now 'til forever and thx to you and to mt for lending your involvement here.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » December 30th, 2009, 8:45 pm

good name for the piece. glad i could contribute to it. maybe it could be blown up the size of a barn door and hung in Central Park between two really brave trees with their branches stretched out wide to accept such a piece of artwork... it would look really good. i think NYC would appreciate something new and exciting like that.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 30th, 2009, 11:03 pm

yes, where is New York anyway?
someone get her here
who's got her number?

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » December 30th, 2009, 11:40 pm

google her... surely google knows...

if google knows not, what will we ever do..?

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » December 31st, 2009, 1:05 am

mingo, what a spectacular name, and I agree on how beautiful it'd stretch out across a NY City park. I can picture live music rocking in the background and the little hippy mamas doing a spin with the Manhattan darlin's. It's time for an event so heart warming as that, flying the Tadpole Ribbon over the flowing hair, flowing skirts and harmonica dudes. I wanna go.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 31st, 2009, 1:13 am

Shit, you guys are partying already.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 31st, 2009, 1:25 am

I would like to try my hand though one of these days at something BIG. Been working on the paint program and on artist trading cards (google) Ain't set up for it. But a barn door! Think of it!
Dame - I get at least one of the twirling swirling whirling dancing girls
at the party.

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”