Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by the mingo » April 24th, 2017, 7:49 am

I don't rightly know what the big Z is
except it is fun on the run to try to write it. 8)
*8)* Keep running, keep writing, follow the brush - 8)
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » April 24th, 2017, 9:42 am

never lost a minute of sleep worrying about how things could have been

Wired on words
in the beginning
was the music

follow the brush
follow the cursor

As I sit here dying
not speaking metaphorically I am
spending way too much time sitting
I need to dance
to move
to ride
if I want to be in this Zuithitsu for the long haul
motor motor motor
Zuihitsu momentum
three fingers whiskey
grist for the brush
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 24th, 2017, 11:12 am

Good morning, Zuihitsu, thank you for allowing me to follow the brush -

Zuihitsu Morning Prayer -

From my window
I can see the rocks piled up
over the grave of a once loved dog
the morning sun shines on them
and the green grass is busy growing

This morning I read the words of a Japanese woman a thousand yrs gone - her voice is in her words that have come down to me here, an old bike rider growing older by the minute, living on Tug Hill Plateau in the great state of Yew Nork - I read them from the pages of a book and look up, look around and go *Wow*

Schemes are afoot, things in the wind - I try to keep my head down in such an atmosphere -
but there are no guarantees on anything here -

... and the green grass is busy growing -

bagged two haiku on a bike ride yesterday - there was a third but I couldn't get a shot -

I got pulled over last night by a cop in a dream - before I could find out the reason or my offence I woke up -

Time for another bike ride - Zuihitsu is on the road

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » April 24th, 2017, 5:54 pm

Zuihitsu's on the road...wouldn't
JK have loved it.....me and my dots a flowing.....just no fun writing on a phone screen :(
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 24th, 2017, 8:57 pm

more than a peace symbol
art as returning & new powerful questions
gracias s-t & mingo for bringing back Jimbo´s horse to Z
I was so moved the first time I saw that drawing
still I am
just printed it & lighted a candle near
no relic, all the way alive

Yeah, Jimbo most of us are searching a peace symbol alla García from time to time... you played the full game and push that further with an amazing clarity and generosity , gracias for sharing your path with us, amigo!!!!

(Two songs for el camino, sure they would make you smile! :wink: )

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 24th, 2017, 10:03 pm

the image bent itself
& burnt away with the candle flame
starting for the heart of the horse
I was lucky to see the process... :lol: :lol: :)

I will laser print it again
when I was less sad
I´m sure it will find a place here

good to know, Jimbo that you kept writing in your Vet´s website in the last years... also so good to know, gracias your FB page, that your dear cats, your playfulness, clarity, & sense of humor were with you until your earthy end!! Gracias for let me know that...!!! Now I´m ready to say to you goodbye & good trip...!!

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 24th, 2017, 11:46 pm

the image bent itself
& burnt away with the candle flame
starting for the heart of the horse
... thx for that,Veronica 8)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 25th, 2017, 1:10 pm

gracias a vos mingo for Z!
Let´s go!! :)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 25th, 2017, 5:37 pm

Let´s go!! :)
We're going ! 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 27th, 2017, 3:32 am

Just wanting to hear an old song again brought me here.
Do-do-do
Whatever the problem is it can be cured by electrocution.
Just ask the colored girls.

Better than half way through the night now. There's an octopus in the bathtub, an old bandanna hanging over the sink, - you would think the host would at least supply toilet paper -

I got some pretty big spiders in the house - I hope they have big appetites & make themselves useful when the flies get here.
"...a Paris that grows inside you like a cancer, and grows and grows until you are eaten away by it."
Tropic of Cancer - Henry Miller

- worse than tears ...
... the regret of pain ...
... the constant presence of sorrow - but these are not my words,
have I become what kind of faggot to seek patina as narcissistic fashion statement with a think of murder ? Then put it in my living room to be seen by this guest or that ?

The death of silence is sure to be hell. I'll find the poem in it.
Then off to see the wizard. Walking with sweet Dorothy thru the Monkey Forest. O Sweet Dorothy ! All those lions and tigers and bears between your legs and the monkeys coming down on us - don't worry none, I'll swat that Wicked Wicked Witch for you with a piece of fence rail straight outta Kansas !

Mark Twain is coming back. Right up out of the Mighty Mississippi. His cock will break the surface first, its mouth bubbling with tales of circling comets. No matter how lengthy it's just an orbit, ya know.

I've always thought: just a little nap will do when things get crazy. These days you would have to nap all the time. Hell, get born and just stay asleep. Stay asleep until old age & death are behind you.

That's the way ya do it.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 29th, 2017, 8:13 am

I stumbled haggardly out of the station; I had no more control
On the Road - Jack Kerouac

Hot coffee, fresh cup, goes cold quick around here because I get involved in writing shit which follows its own self down paths unguessed by me at the start - next thing I know I reach for the cup and contents are cold -

I think Ivanka Trump has the longest neck in the world. It goes on for miles. I get a glimpse of that neck next thing ya know I'll be thinking of rock art in Africa - another place in the imagination same as Lowell, Massachusetts - Dr. Sax in Kenya - Lee Morgan playing Sidewinder in Morocco -

I got gigged the other day for punctuation in one of my pieces on another site - so next poem I wrote was made entirely of punctuation - I submitted it expecting tons of praise and cries of Brilliant ! Brilliant! but they didn't think it was funny - ya know, this online poetry game is strange days can't get no satisfaction hard rain gonna fall all over the girl from the north country old friends & bookends - PS Mr. Tambourine Man, everybody's talkin' to me -

I want to do some kind of surrealist anarchist piece about trash and old wood and cast off children's toys all lying together on a hillside with the landlord coming along and saying to me,
"I'll pay you to clean this up." -
So far I have 3 misses & no hits on the scoreboard for that project.

Made contact with a couple of guys from my first ship the last few days thanks to the 'Net -
lifted me up ya know - played chess last night with one of them on the 'Net - he's no pushover but the game took more time than he thought so he offered a draw which I accepted - the game would have been mine if I managed to avoid any blunders ( beats fists on chest )

Met a woman recently who likes to "zero out" God, not only for herself but also for other people - it's her religion & she's evangelistic about it -

Zuihitsu gets on his bike rides over the bridge gets to the crossroads hangs a left - Basho should have had a bike -

This poem, in the early years,
before incorporation, was known
by various names -
but there is no time for me now
to get into all that
you see, I was headed west
ended up going north
now all I want to do is go southeast
and get home
the whole thing was a goof
a sad endeavor
and to listen to it
blows a fine blues
makes me want to moan
all love is wilderness in america
and there's no way I want to
go anywhere near Pittsburgh

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » April 29th, 2017, 12:42 pm

ivanka stretched..... not gonna let my coffee get cold......ahhhhhhhh coffee done.....onto the vodka and tomato...u say, I say, we all know the routine.....@ jojo's it's brunch funky music on, a dose of the 70''s, get down!....writing on the iPad and it's Zuihitsu time......

cherry blossoms gone
Thunder boomers last night
slept thru 'em

just get a hard time on phone with the writing .......this iPad flies!.....bukowski loved his puter in the 90's, said it was like flying.......Back in Fredrick from Hyattsville this morn, or rather last night...was too tired to do anything last night except needed r&r.....wondering bout direction....I think we need an Zuihitsu site so this thing continues, for sure....at least after s8
.....where's the big D anyway???.....I'm sure she's watching 8) ......Stevie wonder higher ground ....now that's some good shit......

70's replay of tunes
weatherd them storms
hard wired I was

the poetry is sporadic these daze....but it tends to come out of me thru Zuihitsu .....ifn I go at it long enough....right now my minds seeing cherry blossom spring in Japan and its beatific. Gary Snyder had the right idea going there I feel.......what a culture! I'd love to wander ala basho all over those islands, yes indeed ...like a frog jumpin' in....plop!
Attachments
image.jpeg
afternoon libations :)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 30th, 2017, 9:36 am

Came close to frost last night, Wireman, next-to-last night of April - I know from chess you got to be damn double careful where you place your pieces - ain't no more old Hudson's left, best we could do is grab some old Dodge truck and go lookin' for our own spontaneous Bible - some obscure Scripture to give us insight into breakfast or Mexico - had a thought this morning to stop me in my tracks, got to renew my driver's license next year - up here in the great state of Yew Nork the renewal period is 8 years - after this I may not have to do it ever again -

American dream ?
Whitman ?
racing toward sunset
with or without rhythm
unforgettable
celebratory
defiant of chill dawn

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » April 30th, 2017, 10:19 am

Maurice walloped Chris for slighting whitman's manhood on northern exposure.....that was so long ago, early 90's or there abouts, was the only tv show besides Kung fu that I ever truly enjoyed.......
cans going into the cooler, in front of me....cafe Nola at brunch time....no drinking till 11 am. Sunday's .....last vestiges of puritan society in this little city :lol: ....everyone has their phones out here at the bar, me playing my iPad ....no plain bagels the food runner says....music is an inaudible drone, huge on the bass......pinky's on her cell phone multi tasking.....lm writing and my coffee is getting cold....nah it's just right!.....cafeteria noise of the clientele here at 10:01 am........more cans in cooler, Bloody Mary fixins at the ready....me eating fruit instead of taters..."a screaming child, ugh!......noise level goes up a notch, nah more than a notch.....

cloudy but still warm
the brunch crowd drones
spoons on glass.....rattle!

10:11..... hustling servers glide by......Brandi pours more water in glasses, the music still a bassy drone......can't wait for the calm of jojos.....at 11 am. coffee cold :lol:
Attachments
image.jpeg
what's in front of me at cafe Nola

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 30th, 2017, 7:35 pm

I remember Northern Exposure - enjoyed the hell out of it too - have binged watched it a couple times too when it was still on Netflix or Amazon - that bit you mentioned 'bout Maurice & Chris & Whitman I remember - good stuff

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”