Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by the mingo » March 20th, 2017, 11:08 am

Holy Exploding Lawnmowers ! makes for genius zuihitsu entries let me tell ya had me laughing hard enough to move my hernia - Rommel Drives his exploding-on-fire lawnmower Deep into Texas !
I ain't got nothing near as exciting 'cept I woke up this morning to a cold house, the fuel oil tank finally gave up the ghost - no way to get more - no wood either - heating now with a 20# propane tank so ya see I needed a gooddamn laugh this morning thank you first day of spring
birds in the trees -

Gooddamn, I'm gonna keep that word, its got layers, I like it - ain't settled on the spelling yet -
maybe goodamn ? No, think I'll have to keep the double d's for now -

Weget acoldsnap now (damn spacer bar, I've tried cleaning itout but not helped much and I'm full up with going back to separate all the runtogether words) - we get a cold snap now it won't be somuch being up shit creek as being the shit floating in the creek - I remember somewhere in the Old Testament that God said, "I have given you the power to get wealth." I suppose he didn't mean by that going down to the gas station and buying a lottery ticket but who knows ?

You freaked out all the birds
they rose off the snow & headed for the trees
then three dogs came by,
the birds stayed in the trees

You can't teach a new dog to an old trick.

Gooddamn Zuihitsu ! Warmer than I am. Snow everywhere.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 21st, 2017, 4:15 am

I come into this one with hillybilly highway playing on the radio between my ears
but it changed to chuck berry wwhen i thouhgtaboutrunonwordsandcoldsnap
Spring time for h*itler
cant get that gooddam movie out of my mind when I start to write about spring.

Mathew 45:? the sun to rise on . . . and to rain on . . .

Riding around in my automobile with all the windows down made me feel like a kid with his first car.
spring is fading here fast, the whole season is over in two or three weeks, then we go into gooddam Texas summer and we all want to take General Sheridan's advice and move to Hades where things just got to be cooler.

My best friend died about ten years ago, never had the heart to get another one. But plenty of dogs around god's little four acres
three cats
lots of dead and mangled animals around
disgusting animals but a certain nobility about them
forgot what you were saying

Snow, no heat cold morning

Never lived in a house with central heating till I was grown up almost a man
as a little Jackster i remember laying under the covers on school mornings and watching my breath freeze. Had to get up and run down stairs to the stove in the living room. And me and my bros would stand with out backs to it in our long underwear.
we would sing a gruesome children's rhyme about having half our Tuchus burned off and now we Yids. Sounded more poetical in Yiddish.

watching the muppett movies when I get too stressed
like the one with Old Waylond and Big Bird
about not dwelling on the bad times once they're passed

run on words dont bother me as run on sentences. that one above could stand some work. I been experimenting with dont.

When I was working in real estate had to go to house up in the valley of virginia Blue Ridge Mountains
West of the University of Virginia where tj was teaching a course on citizenship.

Long story short, house was an A frame right on top, and the owner mentioned that sometimes they had nine feet of snow on the ground.

here I am at the bottom of the text box and this is going to scroll out of sight and I hardly remember what I was writing except Zhuitsu is fun on the run

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 21st, 2017, 3:51 pm

Zuihitsu is the fun....let it bleed, on a rainy day or cloudy day....be bold in the cold....anyway u want it.....go away n comeback......hockey on silent, women chattering.about clothes at the bar, Hollies on the tunes, the manager wants classic rock on the tunes here at jojo's...it's happy hour, taco Tuesday at 4:00 pm, 3:31 now......got the day off till they dig a humongous footer, fine by me....

red of sub levels
rather brown on a fine day
the beltway screams!

"she's come undone"...old song.....now the Stones "pleased to meet you".....nature....bait ya...who killed the kennedys....mick.....Keith....Charlie....good English boys .......the ladies still yappin, one more beer, uno mas.......woo wooo woo go the stones, what's my name?
mick in fizcarlado, Werner Hezog story about a big boat and a mountain, but he missed the boat .....titanic....Lusitania .....Andrea doria.....Red Baron ....dogfights....trenches.....all that shit....some song I don't even know on the tunes now.....

old enough to get
I want it, I want it
tell me what is sanity

rambin Zuihitsu ......spewing....moving, gotta. get a move on....till next time..... 8)
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 21st, 2017, 3:59 pm

except Zhuitsu is fun on the run
Zuihitsu like that - it's one of the few places where I ever find myself lost for words - a bizarre thirsty boundary of sandbox title boiling comfort zone -

remember Hush Puppies? I had a pair or two of those, comfortable shoes - one day one of the guys in school asked what I was doin' wearing faggot shoes - ya didn't want to be no way different at all in the great state of Yew Nork in those days -

pencil boxes - remember those ? Brown bag lunches ?
Wow, that's reaching back there.

I should have been a veterinarian.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 21st, 2017, 4:00 pm

Wireman !

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 21st, 2017, 10:22 pm

Zuihitsu like a foggy night on hill billy highway
so lost not even god could find me
they call the wind miria

sacco and venzetti
big bill haywood
Eugene Debs
I remember the war profiteers the
men who died for a few dollars more
of the Morgan Loans
but most of all I remember the president
yes the great white father in Washington DC

love that town used to have a little sailboat tied up in south west, buzzard's point boat yard,
sail down the potomac and anchor off the stage down by watergate and watch listen to the concerts

and lady liberty walks the streets of baltimore

what was it?
brought me into this Zuihitsu
following you all
mingo and mark
what did you write what did I write about that
the picture in front of you
of me
trying to communicate with each other out of our own reality
when so little of our enviorment is the same
me just coming into May, that happy month
and you all just coming out of winter maybe

not that it matters I hope I am learning to be better at this but comes a time at this line at the end of this textbox where I got to go submit

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 22nd, 2017, 3:32 am

but comes a time at this line at the end of this textbox where I got to go submit
That's the way it's done, just like that.

I got the upstate blues -
the tale spinning tailgating underdog washrag upstate blues -
bookmark O bookmark !
wearing my mute suit I walk
to the top of the hill
and there made the prayer
54 yrs too late
that I should have made
the first night of my honeymoon

Not by intent but by discovery - that's zuihitsu. Zuihitsu writers are the one whale species that dives to the bottom of the ocean to hunt the monsters there in the black. To return to the surface well-fed, our blowholes roaring -

Singing our road songs to the sky -

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 22nd, 2017, 12:21 pm

what is sanity?
dont know for sure
but the core is death
sanity is a construct for how
homo sapiens rationalizes his fears
away

in the meantime back at the oasis the arabs were eating their dates

crazy been a state of mind for me since
crazy mike's death
but fortunately I have the key
a way, my way
which I have read is the only way

so here we are mingo you are reading and I am about halfway down this scroll box and I got this picture I want to post here something to do with prayer:
beat the devil.PNG
down home blues
rainy day woman

my calendar is lying to me again
wants me to believe that it is march
but everybit of my being tells me it is late into May

so that's it I guess cause I am at the botton of the textbox again. maybe the best ones dont scroll off the screen

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 22nd, 2017, 5:38 pm

To avoid getting ink stains on the notebook into which one is copying stories, poems, or the like. If it is a very fine notebook, one takes the greatest care not to make a blot; yet somehow one never seems to succeed. Pillow Book - Sei Shonagonn
Just back from the woods with the beagle - winds are cold even with the sun shining bright -
Winter just won't let go up here - I'll be in my grave before I can ride a bicycle again - I envy you your May in Texas, Jack, and Wireman his Taco Tuesday's -

Listening to Hank Mobley - The neighbor's yellow lab, Ally, just sashayed across the yard - Wyatt is sleeping - good 'cause if he sees her he'll howl his fool beagle head off - if I let him out when she's around he'll just sniff her once and go on about his business - I think that's because before he was adopted out to us they cut his balls off - condition of adoption - better watch yourselves, boys, the world will cut your balls off first chance they get for any reason that can be dreamed up - go samurai or go home -

Gooddamn if this piano player in Hank's band ain't running away with those keys -

When I hit the bottom of the textbox I ring the klaxon and go Dive ! Dive ! Dive !

Hear they got a "shark" problem on the Nantucket beaches - seems in 1972 the gov't banned the hunting of seals so now the seals are back in heavy duty #'s - 3 or 4 hundred thousands - that brought the sharks back - so it's called a "shark" problem

A friend of mine looks around in shock & surprise as if it happened overnight:
"I'm 61 !" she exclaims. - The imaginative, being imaginative, go about creating fossils.
Sometimes the imaginative become confused thinking the fossils they create are living things. Of course that is never true.

Geese rise suddenly from the river.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 23rd, 2017, 1:13 pm

“Reality depends upon your mind alone.
“Then, pilgrim, turn, your cares forego; All earth-born cares are wrong: Man wants but little here below, Nor wants that little long.”
Both of these quotes are from a zuihitsu written toward the end of the 12th century in Japan,
during a time when a series of calamities that overtook old Kyoto in the late 12th century were occurring. I find both of them a good representation of the world today.
The second quote particularly appeals to me.

Last night I had to shoot a comma come to hanging 'round my door. Sons-a-bitches come sneaking around bringing guilt or embarrassment to add to my load. Fuck that shit.
This morning I carried the comma's body down to the river and threw it in -
Bye-bye, peckerhead.

I went researching that word "peckerhead." The Urban Dictionary was of great help & delight on that score.

I mean, what is the score really ? Does anyone know ? If we had the right score in the first place would we have the insight into its proper application ? If you had the right thing but applied it in error or could apply it in error what possible good would come of that ?
The problem has layers. I like it.

I hear Ivanka Trump has now an office in the West Wing. Go, Daddy.

I've an interest in shadows lately. Because it's winter and there is snow cover. Shadows cast on the snow by the sun stand out better than any other time of the year in all their glory.
Even the smallest pebble, teeny-tiny, will cast a shadow. Anything with even a micro centimeter of height will do it. Height = shadow. Simple. On gray days shadows appear too, but subtle, takes a sharper eye.

We miss much our vision being the dominant sense that it is.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 24th, 2017, 1:32 am

A telegraphic message to a cold place:

My teeth - despair, we could call things by different names -
...... Into the curved gut go the caves, I can't get comfortable ... my visions are the walls

= painted long ago

I can't help it if words won't do what you want -
make new words for fuck's sake or build new language - plus, minus, who the hell cares ?

Not much driftwood here, things will have to be built out of stone

the glass clock closest the cemetery is the only one concerns me -

dog leg kicks out in sleep, someone else writes a poem - same thing to me

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 24th, 2017, 10:26 am

too worried, angry, occupied and astonished to read English & write in Spanglish these days... where´s my empty mind??? :roll: :shock: :lol:

monsoons reached Japan
umbrellas don´t run
jamming with a samurai twist

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 24th, 2017, 10:28 am

:mrgreen:

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 24th, 2017, 1:23 pm

Arcadia wrote::mrgreen:
Veronica !!! - What is going down in Rosario and all around you ? 8)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 24th, 2017, 10:32 pm

For some reason I thought Zuihitsu went back to 17th century Japan, I really know nothing about it except for a bit I read on wiki.

I intend to be a life long student of it, I know that much. 8)

Got chased by a couple of your commas today. Had to run like hell they worry snapping at my heels. Did you ever hold down the alt—key and type the numbers 0 1 5 1

sumptin called the M dash. not sure why but I like it, Kerouac used them, I don't think he approved of commas all that much.

oh boyo, do you remember Alan Sherman, singer songwriter from the fifties? For some reason this comes to mind.
Let's hope next May is better. And good things will come your way. And you won't have a feeling of dismay. Next May
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYgeAnVtelI

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”