Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by the mingo » May 3rd, 2017, 9:10 pm

Memory and dream are intermixed in this mad universe
Dr. Sax - Jack Kerouac

I got two of something right here and neither of them work.

That's it.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » May 4th, 2017, 1:46 am

They don't work?

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 4th, 2017, 10:26 am

No, they don't work. neither has that much time on them to boot. Surprise Surprise. Ain't that the way of the world though ? I know what's up with them but didn't have time yesterday to see to it - was in the middle of trying to survive a war zone of a chess game with a sharp punk I wanted badly to nail to the wall - he made a slight blunder and, ya know, it's now or never and I went for it. I'm not saying I had a victory, no not even, but there was an opportunity with his miscalculation for a draw by perpetual check & that's what I did. The punk was pissed off so bad. Started in with the shaming talk right away - I had a smile on my face that I wished he could have seen but we were playing online so I sent him a smilie - he went ballistic - felt good. 8)

saw

Post by saw » May 4th, 2017, 10:48 am

ha ha...good stuff....another one bites the dust.... 8) 8)
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 6th, 2017, 8:04 am

another one bites the dust.... 8) 8)
I must admit, saw, I enjoyed that small moment with evil delight 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 6th, 2017, 8:16 am

8:04 a.m.
55 degrees
rain - rain - rain

... with all the rain
all the fresh growing
things have become
/ very green
After all, anyone stupid enough to get the idea of murdering people from a movie could get the same idea from watching the news.”
Ryu Murakami
A train sounds a mile distant, I cannot see it from here, I can only hear it -

bright mind? - flash fiction

all of us involved in such strange pilgrimages
... the future before us
stone sober,
old,
bent,

seeking the path ahead -

The cemetery is fast - we better organize for lunch, I'm with you, let's go full goof and drop harmonious among the combative -
we could get lucky and find impossible sisters out in the fields of scarce glass - dedicate our wealth and pull festive - Lewis & Clark on the Missouri

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » May 6th, 2017, 3:14 pm

.....distant train horns awesome, Zuihitsu is too....long week and of course lotsa rain....back in Frederick and its first Saturday. time for me to get into the spirit 8)
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 7th, 2017, 10:22 am

the brain
exists in
a house
of living bone

In the opening episode of Deadwood a man behind bars says to the sheriff, "Is that right ? No law at all in Deadwood?" Zuihitsu is like Deadwood, no law in Zuihitsu, no rules to break - zuihitsu cannot fall short - zuihitsu cannot fail - I love zuihitsu -

"Drive my dead thoughts over the universe,
Like wither'd leaves, to quicken a new birth!"
- PB Shelley

Shelley, that sad bastard! How dare he waste my time with his dead thoughts! Well, I've got three singing frogs here made out of wood - that will teach that Shelley sockcucker not to mess around in these parts.

I knew a girl named Shelly, no second "e" - she didn't have dead thoughts - she wasn't a poet either thank God - she's as old as me now - stayed in her hometown her whole life, still there - come to think of it maybe there was a second "e" in her name - 3rd generation from Italian immigrant grandparents is my guess - and beautiful

People gone fishing - sleeping on the road - they show up at my door sometimes in the middle of the night with their kids and go "Can we sleep here ?" - I never say no - they camp out on my floor - next morning I make coffee and walk over all their dreaming minds with my coffee cup delicately held in my hand -

237 words here so far -

... by my grandfather's time
all the Indians had shrunk
until they were 3 to 4 inches tall
they were all made from plastic
they had all turned blue
/ where there had been thunder
there was now hush

My neighbor the river is over its banks again this morning - I don't fish in it, I don't fish, never cared for it, my mind more inclined (or bent) towards movement, walking the woods & fields, biking the backroads - only fishing I ever had anything to do with was trout fishing,
apologies, Mr. Brautigan, because it had some action - you have to work the stream, work the fish, you have to get in there -

Some of my neighbors think I don't do anything - I'm retired, such as it is, and I can do what I want - they think I'm living off my woman and they shake their heads - my landlord thinks I should "hustle" more - "you got to hustle in this world" - I never had time for that kind of luxury brand behavior, I was always too busy ducking the incoming - the Holy Spirit, through the mouth of King Solomon said: "God created man upright but he has gone in search of many schemes." Nothing's true if that ain't.

One of the few things I've learned here that has any value at all in practice is this: - I know when the moment becomes ready and what the difference is between my business and anyone else's business.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » May 7th, 2017, 12:25 pm

.......ain't that the truth.....walk a mile in my shoes, right?....people just don't understand the artist, they think it's a selling endeavor, professional or amateur, if your in it for the long haul that's what really matters.....I've always made art since I was a kid and saw Gauguin at the national gallery of art.....I went there in the rain Friday at noon and sat there meditating in front of those Tahitian beauties with the waves crashing all about them....inspired I was at 9 years old....I knew what I wanted to be.....an artist for sure, in it for the long haul 8)

years roll on by
feelings linger, passing storms
yes, I was inspired

....Zuihitsu .....the ultimate, plain truth and feelings....

sittin here at the bar, jojos Frederick once again.....cabs and uber bring me back always for my short stays.....working in tysons corner, va. now....not far from Doreen....sure would love to pay her a visit, but it's just past the public transport......Steve too maybe I'll catch a Marc train to b'more and see him if it's possible......sowebo festival coming Memorial Day would be a good time to do the Baltimore visit, if I can muster the energies 8)

........12:20 pm. brunch time .......before long it's back to Hyattsville in an uber & another week of bustin rebars.....
Attachments
image.jpeg
pgo that inspired me

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 10th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Tulip flowers already fading - supposed to be sunny today and was at the beginning but clouded over now -

Fooling around today with something called "erasure" poetry - bit of a kick -
the following from an article about changing weather patterns and ocean currents around Greenland using erasure methods -

... because I'm old
ending up in storm
was not the plan
nor will it ever
make the news ...

having all this information at one's fingertips may or may not be a blessing - like one old song says, "with no direction home" -

Some days I don't want to celebrate in any manner other than just to nose around, rooting in the underbrush, sniffing earth, sniffing stone, sniffing the wind moving in small small places - there is a ridge near here that I have walked most everyday since last autumn, it is made of gravel & stone the continental ice sheets brought here and left when they melted back north during the last advance of big ice - the part of it that faces the prevailing winds has been dug into for the gravel for driveways and fill & such and I have watched how wind & rain and sun & gravity & time transport gravel from the top of the cut to the bottom - you can even hear it on days when there is no wind at all, see the small movements of gravel coming down the face of the cut by gravity alone - there are spirits here, not ghosts, spirits-

When I was a boy people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up. "Any one of the Magnificent Seven" I would always reply -
These days I'm working the final stretch of my sixth decade and looking toward my seventh just up ahead, it's been a long time since anyone has asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. If anyone ever does ask me that question again my answer will be,
"Any one of the Magnificent Seven"

Ancient rock & roll goin' thru the house this morning - a portion of debt forgiven - someone we all know is walking there heading for the place that waits beyond the sun where you step across a green river -

Time to go -

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » May 14th, 2017, 9:21 am

Zuihitsu for brunch, early at cafe Nola & it's happy moms day! Hey mingo, ST and all u Zuihitsuers, anglophiling that 8) well it's mucho crowded here at 9 am. foods coming so I'm limited in time on the iPad ........things kinda slow at the ol S8 this week.....poetry is poppin' though....be back later,foods here!

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 14th, 2017, 1:46 pm

Glad to have ya drop by, Wireman -

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 14th, 2017, 1:48 pm

all drops welcome
soon a puddle
a rafter's dream

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 14th, 2017, 1:52 pm

Alfred Hitchcock changed shower culture almost overnight all over the world with the release of the movie Psycho -

Psycho was released in the United States in early September, 1960.

The 60's did not begin with flowers in its hair but with water & blood and a body unmoving & wide-eyed-dead on the floor of a shower. With redemption washing down the drain and stuffed birds in private rooms. With holes in walls & secret voyeurisms & doctors of the mind itching for their place in the New Shamanism. With a dark tall house of shadows on all three floors on the top of a hill where the mummy of Mother lived in the basement courtesy of her taxidermist son.

By 1972 no one's horse had a name.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 14th, 2017, 1:52 pm

HI JUDIH !!!!

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”