Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

WIREMAN

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by WIREMAN » May 29th, 2017, 12:47 pm

......end of Memorial Day weekend.....time to get ready for the grind.....but ta not so much of a grind when ur doin what u wanna do 8)
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 29th, 2017, 8:45 pm

Got caught in the rain on the bike this evening - end to the day
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 30th, 2017, 8:01 am

Rain ... ... makes me think of that song "Here Comes the Rain Again"
you got to earn any rejoicing from moment-to-moment or else the spoils are just a risk of more bullshit - grab any fancy and scatter approval in spades - scream, admire, fear, x-ray yourself to the bone, suffer all debt, stockpile antibiotics against the rotting teeth, visit, punch, carve out a space for Mr.Tambourine Man who took off with Ms. Bette Davis Eyes somewhere over the rainbow calling out Turn! Turn! Turn!

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 6th, 2017, 11:14 pm

Overtaken by his dogness the animal rushed me coming out from beneath the trees at breakneck speed all teeth & jaws & snarls & purpose.
This has happened to me before. Almost a year ago.Same dog channel. Same dog time. Same dog. That attack left me with deep scrapes. Scars. Bruises. Contusions. And a concussion. I hit the ground so hard it knocked me out cold. I do not know how long I laid there. When I came to I didn't know who I was or where. It all took a while to come back to me. The dog had hit my bike so hard he had bent the left crank inward. That crank was made from steel. The dog was nowhere to be seen when I woke up at the side of the road bloody and in shock. Houses all around but no one came to help me. The doctor at the VA told me my right clavicle joint which had been dislocated in the attack would eventually heal after a fashion. It never has, after any fashion. The attack was almost a year ago and I still do not have full use of my right arm. Nor will I ever.

I have not come this way since.

But today I came this way on purpose and I was not going to be hurt. I had educated myself. I was prepared. Never again would I be prevented from going where my heart pleased to go. Never again would I be dealt pain from without or fear from within.

- I reached for the can of bear spray in my shoulder rig - and the dog came on. I let him pass the 20 foot range. I let him pass the 10 foot mark. Without dismounting, in samurai fashion, I filled my right hand with instantaneous pain & agony and I aimed it in that dog's direction. I flipped the safety and pressed the trigger button in a short burst at point-blank range. An orange cloud enveloped the dog.

He shrunk up like a popped balloon. His feet went out from beneath him. He hit the pavement hard. He went into a seizure, flipping side to side violently on his back. He howled. There was no escape from the hell I had put him into. I rolled by his writhing body unconcerned. I reached the edge of the hill and began the descent. At the bottom I drifted at speed through the curve and across the bridge over the river. Reaching the opposite bank a sound I had not heard before came to me through the trees - the dog was screaming back there at the top of the hill.

The wind was in my ears and I was smiling. I was smiling hard.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » June 10th, 2017, 9:18 pm

He had it coming.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 10th, 2017, 10:20 pm

He did. Thx for reading, mnaz 8)

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » June 10th, 2017, 10:38 pm

i hope he's not a gang member
(said a meek voice from the crowd)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 11th, 2017, 1:01 pm

judih wrote:i hope he's not a gang member
(said a meek voice from the crowd)
Thx for reading, judih - if he is a gang member then I will fill both hands with canisters of bear spray and go down with the ship spreading chaos & mayhem every inch of the way - my new bike-riding motto is, "Ride free or cower" -

I ride for peace ... but I will not be deterred 8) 8)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 20th, 2017, 11:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: bravo!!!!

I love wild animals and I also have pity for cows to will be murdered (despite I starting eating asado ocasionally again two years ago... :roll: ) but I don´t have empathy for attacking dogs and specially for their owners... has the dog an identified owner...?? do you have some spry left...?? :evil:

free mind spries
(Kung Fu serie & St Francis could have done it different)
we already know that!

powerful narrative, mingo!!!

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 20th, 2017, 9:31 pm

but I don´t have empathy for attacking dogs and specially for their owners...
Neither do I, Veronica, New York state law holds dog owners responsible for any damage caused by their canines - I wasn't right in the head for a week or so after the attack my head finally cleared up I knew I didn't want the owners - I wanted the dog so I did my research and found that bear spray is not illegal to carry in the great state of Yew Nork. So now I carry a can of it on every ride. Nothing like a little peace. Thx for reading, Veronica 8)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 23rd, 2017, 2:13 pm

Nothing like a little peace.

priorities are priorites, good energetic-focused choice you could make!! :D

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 23rd, 2017, 7:27 pm

priorities are priorites, good energetic-focused choice you could make!! :D
Thx Veronica - 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 25th, 2017, 1:09 am

12:10 a.m. - day laying work for a homemade bridge, scallop dinners, movie theme playing in my head - listening to the fan inside the machine hum -

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 27th, 2017, 5:30 pm

I got brandy new tires on my bike - Schwalbe Marathons, the
good
stuff - these things are sweet sweet sweet can't even talk about it -
hope these, as advertised, put an end to so many flats - everybody said they were going to be a terror to mount on my rims but ... Youtube! I listened to this guy and that guy and the other guy but came to a video by an Australian cat who showed me how to mount them without any tools at all - I love the Aussies - they are such a straight-forward bunch of folks - feet-on-ground heads-on shoulders - fell in love with them when my second ship made a port call at Sydney decades ago and I ain't had any reason to change my opinion - anyways, did it the way he said with just my fingers and they went on without a hitch -
surprised myself and if I could I send that son of a mother a case of whatever he liked to drink - me bike got new boots and they were made for rollin' rollin' rollin' bye bye bye 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » July 1st, 2017, 5:40 pm

"How To Care For Cement"

No, not talking about the Roman Empire, but just the time of day

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”